Luggage tags at different times???

waterbugohio

OK, this isn't an emergency. Just something that is driving me crazy.

We sail in 48 days on the Freedom.

Others on my roll call are doing the document dance. And they are printing luggage tags. But I am not getting the tab for either??

Does this have anything to do with when we booked?? That we booked with a TA??

Or is it just Royal's crazy IT department??? Wouldn't everyone on the same sailing be able to print forms at the same time???

Others on my roll call are doing the document dance. And they are printing luggage tags. But I am not getting the tab for either??

Or is it just Royal's crazy IT department??? Wouldn't everyone on the same sailing be able to print forms at the same time???

Docs are ready at 49 days. But since you mentioned a TA it might be a different story. You may want to contact your TA and inquire.

Did you complete the online check-in?

Calm down. Even with no luggage tags there are no problems. You tell the porters your room number, they make out a tag, circle where your cabin is located, you tip them (as usual). The process takes about a minute longer & your luggage IS NOT DELAYED ONE BIT.

Calm down. Even with no luggage tags there are no problems. You tell the porters your room number, they make out a tag, circle where your cabin is located, you tip them (as usual). The process takes about a minute longer & your luggage IS NOT DELAYED ONE BIT.

agree.

But printing docs and luggage tags are just kinda FUN!!

I had a similar problem last cruise. If TA doesn't have an answer, wait a few days and try again. If I recall they were to be available about 45 days prior to the cruise. When I had a problem they were about a day late or so... but eventually I was able to print them out.

By the way, I purchased plastic cruise luggage tags online. They help prevent the tags from being torn off. Just thought I would mention that.

I had a similar problem last cruise. If TA doesn't have an answer, wait a few days and try again. If I recall they were to be available about 45 days prior to the cruise. When I had a problem they were about a day late or so... but eventually I was able to print them out.

By the way, I purchased plastic cruise luggage tags online. They help prevent the tags from being torn off. Just thought I would mention that.

Yep!!!. Just got mine from amazon and I love them. They even come with a metal ring that you screw shut after attaching to the suitcase handle. Bought them for gifts for the couples we are traveling with.

Last Oct, one of husbands tags came off upon arrival and the porter just added a tag, yet it still got delayed because that tag also fell off. We use the holders and use the zip lock ties to secure them. We had the new ones with the metal connections and somehow it hooked on something in the cab and was yanked off so going back to the zip lock ties next year. We never did find the tags except the broken wire connection and torn holder

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Last Oct, one of husbands tags came off upon arrival and the porter just added a tag, yet it still got delayed because that tag also fell off. We use the holders and use the zip lock ties to secure them. We had the new ones with the metal connections and somehow it hooked on something in the cab and was yanked off so going back to the zip lock ties next year. We never did find the tags except the broken wire connection and torn holder

all that needs to be done is to wrap the printed tags in clear packing tape. Then around the handle with more tape. It will not come of without cutting

We have the tags holders and used the zip ties until I got the new holders and for some reason DH's snagged on something and got ripped off using the metal wire in the cab. We can reuse the holders so very easy to go back to the zip ties. I know many use the clear tape method and like that. We always bring tape with us so at least have that as a backup.:)

You know I want to pass on something that I read on CC that I actually did and it helped. The last night I took a photo of each bag as we placed them out side of our cabin. Later when we were looking for bags one was missing and I was able to show the porter the photo. A few minutes later the porter walked up with the bag... the tag had been torn off. So this might also be a good idea on the front end of the trip as well. :)

We sail Dec. 18, 2016 and I completed my on line check in and printed my luggage tags last week. I will put them in the plastic holder I bought after seeing them discussed on this thread.

If my memory serves me correctly page 3 of Set Sail Pass is the luggage tag. Check it out.

Happy Sails to All

We sail Dec. 18, 2016 and I completed my on line check in and printed my luggage tags last week. I will put them in the plastic holder I bought after seeing them discussed on this thread.

If my memory serves me correctly page 3 of Set Sail Pass is the luggage tag. Check it out.

Happy Sails to All

You printed out the copy of the luggage tag that is used when you need the porter to make a tag...the ACTUAL luggage tags are not in the Set Sail pass...they are in your Cruise Documents which are generally issued at 49 days... your cruise is much further away than that...

OP...I am at the 49 day mark now...booked direct with Royal and my Doc's are not available yet either...it's hit & miss sometimes with them...I don't wait for an email...I check My Cruises acct. and it often shows up as Issued there before an email is ever sent...

KC I generally will know our tags are ready also just by checking regularly. A couple years ago when DH's sister joined us, she didn't get notified of her tags before we had to leave on the first of a b2b. Since she wasn't changing rooms, I printed out a couple extra and placed address labels on them with the date change etc and placed on the tags.