The 50th Anniversary Trip

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

28th September 2018 will mean that my Wife Jean and I will have been married for 50 years :D

So I must treat her to something special !

Must included a Stay in Funchal Madeira ..

My thoughts so far

MEL -DBX -LHR

Asmara Journey Monday 10th September 2018- London (Pool Of London ) --21/09/2018 Lisbon

21/09/2018 LIS--FNC approx 14 days Stay

FNC -LIS -DBX -MEL

So the question is how can we get rid of some of the flights can we convert some of them into sea travel ?? or if not some stopover suggestions in Lisbon a visit to Fundacao Amalia Rodrigues Casa Museu is mandatory :o

Help me fill in the blanks

Regards

John

Hi Folks

28th September 2018 will mean that my Wife Jean and I will have been married for 50 years :D

So I must treat her to something special !

Must included a Stay in Funchal Madeira ..

My thoughts so far

MEL -DBX -LHR

Asmara Journey Monday 10th September 2018- London (Pool Of London ) --21/09/2018 Lisbon

21/09/2018 LIS--FNC approx 14 days Stay

FNC -LIS -DBX -MEL

So the question is how can we get rid of some of the flights can we convert some of them into sea travel ?? or if not some stopover suggestions in Lisbon a visit to Fundacao Amalia Rodrigues Casa Museu is mandatory :o

Help me fill in the blanks

Regards

John

VKG to VKC...Hi John, we did Canary Islands/Atlantic Islands, including Madiera last Oct/Nov on Oriana ex Southampton. Very nice, cheaper than Azamara.

As for sea travel instead of aircraft to/from Europe. Wrong time of year I reckon. The British ships, P&O/Cunard come out earlier in the year on their world cruises and the Princess world cruises ex Sydney, go in May and come back in August. Mate, lash out and go business class, most planes in business have the flat beds these days, you can sleep all the way !!

As Uncle Les says...'Above all, enjoy. !!'

Edited by NSWP

Hi, my wife Jeanie and I are taking a Viking river cruise, 22 day from Amsterdam to Bucharest for our 50th, I booked a suite and we are flying business class both ways it's this coming April. It's costing us around 27k, but as they say you can't take it with you! Enjoy your trip we were married on April 16th 1967. Jeanie was 19 I was 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've celebraed our Diamond (60th) anniversary on 8th September,sailing on Pacific Jewel. Booked a celebration package at Salt restaurant but not all went exactly to plan as Julie was confined to her cabin with gastro on that special day :( However, managed to delay our celebration for a couple of days, so still enjoyed the champagne and tender steaks.

We've celebraed our Diamond (60th) anniversary on 8th September,sailing on Pacific Jewel. Booked a celebration package at Salt restaurant but not all went exactly to plan as Julie was confined to her cabin with gastro on that special day :( However, managed to delay our celebration for a couple of days, so still enjoyed the champagne and tender steaks.

Congratulations, what an achievement.:D

Hi, my wife Jeanie and I are taking a Viking river cruise, 22 day from Amsterdam to Bucharest for our 50th, I booked a suite and we are flying business class both ways it's this coming April. It's costing us around 27k, but as they say you can't take it with you! Enjoy your trip we were married on April 16th 1967. Jeanie was 19 I was 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Way to go, pointy end and suite. Enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

Well done, you enjoyed it in the end.