First time Princess Cruiser - booked the Royal

shortstop95

One of our favorite perks of being Diamond on Carnival Cruise line is the priority embarkation. We thoroughly enjoy arriving early Day 1 and being one of the first to embark the ship. While we are excited about our first Princess cruise, I'm sad why I look at our status of blue and will miss our "returning cruiser" status.

My question- does Princess have anything comparable like Carnival's Faster to the Fun program that would allow us to move up the queue in boarding at embarkation?

Any other tips for this first time Princess cruiser specific to the line or the Royal Princess are welcomed and appreciated!

One of our favorite perks of being Diamond on Carnival Cruise line is the priority embarkation. We thoroughly enjoy arriving early Day 1 and being one of the first to embark the ship. While we are excited about our first Princess cruise, I'm sad why I look at our status of blue and will miss our "returning cruiser" status.

My question- does Princess have anything comparable like Carnival's Faster to the Fun program that would allow us to move up the queue in boarding at embarkation?

Any other tips for this first time Princess cruiser specific to the line or the Royal Princess are welcomed and appreciated!

When you become Platinum, 6th cruise you will get priority boarding. (or so many days on board but not sure of the # of days right now) Royal is a beautiful ship! Have fun!

No faster to the Fun on Princess. But, the difference in boarding time between priority boarders and those without is maybe 30 mins. Assuming you are boarding at Ft. Lauderdale. Arrive at the pier around 10:30/11:00am. After going through security and check in you will be shown to a waiting area upstairs. You will be grouped in order of arrival. Around noon maybe a little earlier boarding will begin with priority boarders including passengers with special needs, full suite, Captain's Circle Elite & Platinum, then general boarding in the order of arrival at the pier. Once boarding begins it goes quickly and you should be on board by 12:30. Go directly to your cabin it will be ready.

Royal Princess:

On boarding day there is one DR open for lunch from noon to 1:30. Other options include Alfredo's, International Cafe, The largest and best buffet in the fleet, and by the pool the Grill and pizza by the slice.

Do try Alfredo's. It's free waiter served pizza, calzone, salads, antipasto and dessert, open every day 11am to 11pm.

The International Cafe in the Piazza is open 24/7 and is free. A great place for any meal or just a snack.

Vines has good wine by the glass.

The All Inclusive Beverage Package is $56.35/pp/day and includes all alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages on the ship priced $10 and under. This is about 95% of all drinks. It is unlimited drinks, no time limits and everyone in the cabin is not required to purchase, but there is no sharing. Excludes room service and a few other minor things.

There is also a soda package that includes unlimited fountain soft drinks and other non alcoholic beverages (not bottled water) at $8.05/day.

Like espresso drinks consider the coffee card.

The Retreat Pool is adults only.

I like to eat outside on the Horizon Terrace after getting my meal in the buffet area.

The buffet is very large, wander around to get an idea of everything that is available. In the morning the have a fresh made omelette station, and some theme meals at night.

Read the Princess Patter each day. The information is also available for smart devices. Visit the internet cafe to load the app.

There are a number of upcharge dining experiences. Crown Grill, Sabatini's at $29/pp. Make reservations after boarding by calling the DINE line or visiting the restaurant. Crab Shack, held some evenings in an area of the buffet, $29/pp. Foundue's also held one evening in the buffet area, $29/pp. You will see tables around to make reservations or you can call the DINE line. There is also a Chef's Table, Wine Maker's Dinner and Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Breakfast. Sign up on boarding day.

Lots of live music in the evening in various locations.

No faster to the Fun on Princess. But, the difference in boarding time between priority boarders and those without is maybe 30 mins. Assuming you are boarding at Ft. Lauderdale. Arrive at the pier around 10:30/11:00am. After going through security and check in you will be shown to a waiting area upstairs. You will be grouped in order of arrival. Around noon maybe a little earlier boarding will begin with priority boarders including passengers with special needs, full suite, Captain's Circle Elite & Platinum, then general boarding in the order of arrival at the pier. Once boarding begins it goes quickly and you should be on board by 12:30. Go directly to your cabin it will be ready.

Royal Princess:

On boarding day there is one DR open for lunch from noon to 1:30. Other options include Alfredo's, International Cafe, The largest and best buffet in the fleet, and by the pool the Grill and pizza by the slice.

Do try Alfredo's. It's free waiter served pizza, calzone, salads, antipasto and dessert, open every day 11am to 11pm.

The International Cafe in the Piazza is open 24/7 and is free. A great place for any meal or just a snack.

Vines has good wine by the glass.

The All Inclusive Beverage Package is $56.35/pp/day and includes all alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages on the ship priced $10 and under. This is about 95% of all drinks. It is unlimited drinks, no time limits and everyone in the cabin is not required to purchase, but there is no sharing. Excludes room service and a few other minor things.

There is also a soda package that includes unlimited fountain soft drinks and other non alcoholic beverages (not bottled water) at $8.05/day.

Like espresso drinks consider the coffee card.

The Retreat Pool is adults only.

I like to eat outside on the Horizon Terrace after getting my meal in the buffet area.

The buffet is very large, wander around to get an idea of everything that is available. In the morning the have a fresh made omelette station, and some theme meals at night.

Read the Princess Patter each day. The information is also available for smart devices. Visit the internet cafe to load the app.

There are a number of upcharge dining experiences. Crown Grill, Sabatini's at $29/pp. Make reservations after boarding by calling the DINE line or visiting the restaurant. Crab Shack, held some evenings in an area of the buffet, $29/pp. Foundue's also held one evening in the buffet area, $29/pp. You will see tables around to make reservations or you can call the DINE line. There is also a Chef's Table, Wine Maker's Dinner and Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Breakfast. Sign up on boarding day.

Lots of live music in the evening in various locations.

Just what we were looking for! Thank you very much!