Royal princess Dry dock- New livery?

princessfanboy

It'll be a big improvement but it could still be a lot better if they would correct the linking of elevator call buttons. ;)

So very true. Whenever I was fortunate to get an elevator from Riveria going down it seemed to stop at every floor and more often than not no one was there. It did feel like a number of elevators seemed to skip Rivera though when trying to go down. I like to assume it was due to capacity issues from people leaving the lido area, but it was probably a cruel princess joke.

I like it. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like that you'll be able to quickly spot a Princess ship from a distance.

If I could choose a feature that would allow me to quickly spot a Princess ship from a distance, it would be Skywalkers. Given the choice between an "up top" venue and new paint, I'd take the former. That said, I don't hate the new look as long as the new decorations remain limited in the number of paint colors. I detest the mess that NCL has made with the bow of its ships.

Even with the opening of the stairs, the complaints about the elevators will continue because of the lack of experience riding elevators, people expecting "open sesame" the moment they push the button, lack of patience, rudeness and the complaints from people that had to use the stairs to quickly get to their floor.:D

As for the SeaWitch logo, we feel it is too large and takes away from the classy appearance of the ship. We would have preferred the logo to appear on each bow side in a smaller version that didn't wrap around the bow. :)

I think it looks great! I think Princess has an identity crisis and this will go a long way toward fixing that. It's not anywhere near as garish as NCL, but makes a statement about the brand. Bravo Princess!

I don't hate it, but I'm waiting until I see one on a real ship to make up my mind. I do hate those garish NCL eyesores!

Hi so nice of you to follow.

I wil be on oct 8 to 27. B2b. But won't be blogging live. I am recovering from shoulder surgery and it so hard to type for a long period. So i am bringing my tablet and notebook abd will be keeping notes so i can blog about the voyage and the ports when i get home.

I am also doing more videos about the ship and ports for my youtube channel so stay tuned.

Love halifax. My partner is from cape breton

Thanks for following

I will be looking forward to your new videos. It was actually a video of yours (your must haves for cruising) that led me to your blog.

Safe travels.

Don

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I first saw the pics of the new livery I didn't like it. But I have to admit it has grown on me. It will make Princess ships easy to identify from a distance, and give Princess a very recognizable brand.

I happen to think that it looks great. Modern. Fluid.

After being on the Regal last year, I will welcome the center stairs...although their absence was only a minor inconvenience. It seems that some people just like to complain. Please remember that a bad day on a cruise beats most good days at work...

We are looking forward to our 10/22 voyage.

What's up with the Royal Princess in the middle of the Sea Witch's hair??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like work in progress. I imagine it will be like Majestic with the name farther aft when finished.

Edited by Musky Ike

I am anxiously awaiting your report when you board on the 8th. You will most definitely get us all up to speed on the changes in dry dock!

Ditto!! I hope they make the changes so I can use the elevators by myself.

To all the people that are going to use the stairs be carful. A lot of people are going to be useing them. :eek: :eek:

Tony

Ditto!! I hope they make the changes so I can use the elevators by myself.

To all the people that are going to use the stairs be carful. A lot of people are going to be useing them. :eek: :eek:

Tony

Especially at dinner time. :D

Edited by floridalover5623

I do hope they improve the quality of the towels . Our last cruise with Royal Princess I thought the quality of the towels was very poor.

Next cruise is Feb and apart from the above comment really looking forward to it.

Scotslizzy

Looks like work in progress. I imagine it will be like Majestic with the name farther aft when finished.

I thought this too, it looks like they've removed the old welded-on lettering and then painted over the bare metalwork with a primer, but I thought they would then paint this over in white before applying the logo but they seem to have just left a gap around it. I guess they'll finish it off later to match the other side.

I do hope they improve the quality of the towels . Our last cruise with Royal Princess I thought the quality of the towels was very poor.

Next cruise is Feb and apart from the above comment really looking forward to it.

Scotslizzy

I've got some cleaning towels in my garage that are softer than what they provide on the ship. The ones they bought for the ship were designed to last for years before having to be replaced.

We resorted to taking extra towels at the pool to use in the bath.

We sail on her on November 26 - 30. It's our first and we are getting really excited. It's our late Honeymoon. I'm even more excited now knowing that she will be pretty fresh out of drydock. I like the livery I think it gives it a little pop.

What's up with the Royal Princess in the middle of the Sea Witch's hair??[/url]

I will hazard a guess and say that the letters were likely still visible after the new paint job was applied. I bet they got the grinders back out to make the surface even flatter.

Looking good!