Transport from CDG to Paris City Center

BPCruiser

I asked a similar question last year before our trip to Paris in the fall, where we were staying at a hotel in the Latin Quarter. (See the thread linked below.) The basic advice was to just go out to the cab queue; we did that, and it worked out just fine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2239740

Enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...

In September we were four adults used Viator to book private transfer to hotel which was located in the area of Arc de Triomphe. On time no problems also used them to get back to the airport for 7:30 AM flight.

In September we were four adults used Viator to book private transfer to hotel which was located in the area of Arc de Triomphe. On time no problems also used them to get back to the airport for 7:30 AM flight.

Coincidently I have done the same. Booked transport via Viator for 4 to go from CDG to Hotel.

Happy to hear you had a good experience.

Viator issued me a voucher with a phone number to call once we have our luggage.

Is that what you did?

Hate to incur International calling rates, was hoping there was a kiosk or desk to find our transportation.

Very interested to hear how it worked to notify that you were ready for pick up.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

G7 taxi service is good, or alternatively the Roissy bus (not private but is excellent)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree that G7 is an excellent taxi company...and they even have an English speaking phone line (in Paris) or you can simply book a taxi on line. But if we are taking a taxi from CDG....we simply walk outside and grab the next taxi in the regular queue. We do use G7 when we need to arrange for a scheduled pick-up (in Paris) to get out to the airport.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

If you're staying in a hotel you might ask them about a shared shuttle.

As for grabbing a cab in the queue at the airport, beware of the time of day. We ended up in rush hour, and our cab to the Latin Quarter was very expensive. On our return we booked a shared shuttle from our hotel and it was very reasonable.

We used Sayshuttle for our transfers in May 2015. Prompt And professional drivers at a reasonable price for 6 adults in a roomy vehicle. I especially enjoyed the ride from CDG to our 5th arrondisement hotel- we got to travel the Champs Elysee, see l'arc triomphe and tour eiffel enroute- sites you don't see from RER or Roissy bus, which we've used on previous visits to Paris. We departed Paris from ORY and that route didn't go past historic sites.