Anthem of the Seas - W - Guaranteed Suite

Z3r0

My wife and I are going on Anthem for 5 days to Bermuda in July. We've never been on anthem before, and it will be our first time cruising as Platinum C&A members(I still have a ways to go). It will be our 7 year anniversary so I've decided to upgrade our balcony to a SJ room - 10236, and will surprise her on the ship.

I was concerned that if i was on deck 13 it would be too loud.

I see that I can switch to a W - Guaranteed suite, for $125 Canadian less than what I'm paying now.

Has anyone stayed in a suite on deck 13? I imagine this would be the worst location for a room since its right under the pool. Otherwise I'm just saving an extra $125.

If you were me, would you save the money, or just keep the room I have?

Thanks for your opinions/suggestions,

Mike

10236 would be on deck 10, I would think.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe OP's concern was if he went to a W gty and was assigned a JS on deck 13.

I wouldn't be concern as the hump section with the JSs are under Johnny Rockets, (on our 2 Anthem cruises nobody or very few were there every time I passed) toilets and Living Room as the overlay deck 13 and 14 shot below shows.

attachment.php?attachmentid=395258&d=1475169211

861221720_AnthemDeck1314.jpg.7be15cbfbb29f446d9220819a02e0ddb.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We were on deck 10 on Anthem two (2) weeks ago and I peaked into this suite as we were exiting the ship after our New England cruise. It was in a very nice location and the suite looked awesome. It look just like the above picture of the suite.

What has been people's experiences when booking a suite guarantee? i.e, mostly junior suites or other suites get assigned?

We were assigned a Family Jr. Suite. It will be nice to have the extra sink/toilet in the room.

What has been people's experiences when booking a suite guarantee? i.e, mostly junior suites or other suites get assigned?

It will depend on the available rooms. If there are quite a few JS still available, they might open up the Cat W to try to move unsold rooms. I sail in 36 days and all JSs have been sold out for weeks. There are 15 true suites still available for booking, and for parties of 4 or more, Cat W is available to book. There's a decent chance they either move those folks into a true suite OR call them a few weeks prior to sailing and offer an upsell. Those that take the upsell will move into the suites, and the folks that booked Cat W will get the JS.

We're in one of those Cat W.....I'll let you know what happens :-)

Thank you all for your responses. My wife and I normally take the stairs to get everywhere so we dont feel so bad for being borderline glutinous, so the fact that there weren't any complaints about overhead noise eased my mind.

I went ahead and changed mine to a category W room. I can get a nice dinner for the $125, so I think that is definitely the play.

Mike

I am guessing that for two people you will get a SJS on deck 6 or 7 as those tend to sell out last.

I did a JS guarantee for 3 people and was assigned a FJS, as expected, because they fit more than 2 and were cheaper than the regular JS (with the bigger balcony).

Many guarantees can be a crapshoot, but I think a JS guarantee on Anthem is relatively low risk because all locations (to me anyway) are good. Remember that if you don't like your assigned location, you can call and ask to be moved within the same category. We were assigned a FJS cabin on deck 8 and moved to deck 9 with no problems.

Edited by marci22

Thank you all for your responses. My wife and I normally take the stairs to get everywhere so we dont feel so bad for being borderline glutinous, so the fact that there weren't any complaints about overhead noise eased my mind.

I went ahead and changed mine to a category W room. I can get a nice dinner for the $125, so I think that is definitely the play.

Mike

Access to Coastal Kitchen, double points, and a fantastic room & balcony are all easy worth $125. Probably much more

I haven't been on a Quantum class ship yet, but it appears as though all of the SJS were midship, and therefore very low risk.

I'm assuming that since I'm booking a suite, I will still be entitled to all of the perks that come along with it correct? Double C&A points, coastal kitchen for dinner, etc?

Thanks again,

Mike

I am guessing that for two people you will get a SJS on deck 6 or 7 as those tend to sell out last.

I did a JS guarantee for 3 people and was assigned a FJS, as expected, because they fit more than 2 and were cheaper than the regular JS (with the bigger balcony).

Many guarantees can be a crapshoot, but I think a JS guarantee on Anthem is relatively low risk because all locations (to me anyway) are good. Remember that if you don't like your assigned location, you can call and ask to be moved within the same category. We were assigned a FJS cabin on deck 8 and moved to deck 9 with no problems.

I haven't been on a Quantum class ship yet, but it appears as though all of the SJS were midship, and therefore very low risk.

I'm assuming that since I'm booking a suite, I will still be entitled to all of the perks that come along with it correct? Double C&A points, coastal kitchen for dinner, etc?

Thanks again,

Mike

You get double points and access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner. You do not get access to the Suite/Concierge Lounge, gold card areas, Barefoot Beach, and other suite perks.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sea/

It appears that a room has been assigned to me... 10236... I dont know if this can change due to the nature of my booking, but I'm pretty excited that I saved over $100 and ended up in the same room.

Thanks again for all of your input.

Mike

It appears that a room has been assigned to me... 10236... I dont know if this can change due to the nature of my booking, but I'm pretty excited that I saved over $100 and ended up in the same room.

Thanks again for all of your input.

Mike

US and Canadian bookings are normally allowed to change guarantee stateroom assignments to any available stateroom in the same exact category as has been assigned.