PVP Overload!

Plant

I was browsing the Carnival site last week and got an email from a Carnival PVP. Since we use a wonderful TA, I told him to take us off his list and he said he would.

Since then we've had several phone calls from Carnival PVP's. We screen our calls, so there's not a big problem, but why would they keep this up? As much as we've cruised with Carnival I think they should have the info that we book with our TA.

Have you been overwhelmed with call's from PVP's?

I was browsing the Carnival site last week and got an email from a Carnival PVP. Since we use a wonderful TA, I told him to take us off his list and he said he would.

Since then we've had several phone calls from Carnival PVP's. We screen our calls, so there's not a big problem, but why would they keep this up? As much as we've cruised with Carnival I think they should have the info that we book with our TA.

They are extremely persistent. I've learned not to even open emails from Carnival as it just leads to a phone call within an hour. :mad:

Funny thing is, I'm the trip planner, it's my email, but every time they called, they ask for my husband. I've told them I'm the person they want to talk to, it just his name first on the folder, and I know where they are, if we want to book or ask questions. Please stop calling. But they kept calling. Finally, like the 4th time they called and asked to speak to my husband, he did happen to be home. I put him on, HE told the PVP to stop calling, and voila! no more phone calls.

I've also read of people telling the persistent PVPs that they're going to take it up the chain of command, if they don't stop calling.

We have had the same PVP since our first Carnival cruise. I was browsing a few weeks ago before we booked our upcoming cruise in December. I thought maybe she would call me once she saw I was looking at cruises. Well, the next day, I got an email and phone call from someone saying they were newly assigned to me. I called my PVP thinking maybe she had moved on and was no longer with Carnival and she called right back. I emailed the gentleman back saying thanks but no thanks we have had a PVP for years. He wanted all kinds of info to forward our account to her?! Really?? So basically he stole our account out from under our PVP! She was able to open our account and add our VIFP #'s back, etc. But what the heck!? Needless to say, I didn't respond to him and we booked with our original PVP.

LMAO! My PVP is the same way. SUPER persistent. I would always send the call to voicemail when I saw the 305 area code. He finally texted me and said he was just doing his job.:D:D

I wrote back and told him I get it, but I wasn't ready to book and told him not to waste his time calling me. They are CRAZY!!!! :D

I have the opposite issue. Never hear from mine. He has only called once and it was to notify me about the $49 deposit sale some months back. I called him a few week ago because I wanted to upgrade to a balcony. He never returned my call. I had to call in and have someone else handle it. I am currently looking to book another cruise and I'll probably book online.

We've been on approx. 1 dozen CCL cruises and we have yet to hear from a PVP.

I call mine (we're on our second one now as our first left the job) to book travel, but that's about it.

He did friend me on Facebook, but I "unfollowed" him as he is quite the celeb and I had no interest in his fan's posting stuff.

WE got rid of ours with a phone call because they are a pain.

My PVP is a doll! She knows if I need something, I'll ask. I will book through her, knowing just what it is I want, and she acknowledges what I'm talking about. If there's a new "gimmick" about the particular booking, she let's me know. Aside from that, she only touches bases occasionally to ask, "How's it going?".

(I wish CC would allow me to mention her name!)

So, not all PVP's are a thorn in the side!;)

My PVP is a doll! She knows if I need something, I'll ask. I will book through her, knowing just what it is I want, and she acknowledges what I'm talking about. If there's a new "gimmick" about the particular booking, she let's me know. Aside from that, she only touches bases occasionally to ask, "How's it going?".

Mine PVP is very much like yours. She never cold calls me. Just this week I emailed her with a question. I get an email back asking if she can call and what time would be good as the answer is complicated. Once in a while she will contact me with info regarding a unique sailing, like the recently announce 14 day Miracle to Alaska. Like you jayscore I wish I could give my PVP a plug.

Umm you're not supposed to give this out? I give everyone our pvps name & extension lol. Never had anyone say I couldn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

Our PVP is also really helpful. I email her with what I'm considering for the upcoming year. I tell her ships, ports, time frames, and costs that we are interested in. She emails me when she sees something that we might be interested in. She will also sometimes email me about upcoming sales and offers I get.

Our PVP calls every time I log into Carnival or put in my VIFP # on a mock booking. I've just started browsing anonymously unless I want her to call my husband and "remind" him to think about booking a cruise ;)

This happened to us too.... so my DH, which is the phone number listed on our log in, told them that we don't need his services. He has not called back.

I no longer need to log out to do a mock booking, I do it all the time, no phone calls anymore.

No. I've worked with the same PVP for over 10 years. He knows not to call.

HINT: If you do not want to be contacted whenever you hit the Carnival website, make sure that you are NOT logged in.

Yes it is very annoying after awhile. I finally figured it out, I would get these calls shortly after surfing carnival.com. The PVP told me the system prompts the PVP assigned to you to call. I told the PVP that we are cruising Princess in Nov and will not be doing another one this year. I asked to be taken off the call list but he informed he could but it only lasts for two weeks. Sometimes he calls his notes pop up he says oh yeah your are going on Princess. I told him politely just review your notes prior to calling.

I "dread" going to the Carnival site anymore as I know that I will be inundated with calls from a certain PVP. I tend to go to third party cruise agents if I want to check Carnival prices and itineraries.

Our next cruise is to Alaska and we are sailing HAL