PVP Overload!

Plant

I was browsing the Carnival site last week and got an email from a Carnival PVP. Since we use a wonderful TA, I told him to take us off his list and he said he would.

Since then we've had several phone calls from Carnival PVP's. We screen our calls, so there's not a big problem, but why would they keep this up? As much as we've cruised with Carnival I think they should have the info that we book with our TA.

Have you been overwhelmed with call's from PVP's?

You should have let your Carnival PVP leave you on his list but just asked him not to call. It is because you are now listed as not having a PVP that you are receiving all these calls. And no they do not keep track of how you looked in the past so when they call they do not know that you always use a travel agent. They only know that you do not have a Carnival PVP.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

I was browsing the Carnival site last week and got an email from a Carnival PVP. Since we use a wonderful TA, I told him to take us off his list and he said he would.

Since then we've had several phone calls from Carnival PVP's. We screen our calls, so there's not a big problem, but why would they keep this up? As much as we've cruised with Carnival I think they should have the info that we book with our TA.

Have you been overwhelmed with call's from PVP's?

no...because I browse cruises on another site. that takes care of that problem!

I was planning to surprise my daughters with a holiday cruise right after Christmas. Every time I tried to research on the website I got call after call. After politely asking them not to call me and not so politely after a few times I ended up blocking the number on my phone.

So they emailed BOTH of my girls with an "I see your family is interested in cruising" message that was too personalized to blow off as an ad. I still don't know how they got their email addresses since the girls are minors and all contact information given out is mine.

Can you tell I'm still upset over the ruined surprise?

This is one reason I handle everything myself nowadays. Ours used to drive us crazy. The last time he called I told him I could NOT book a cruise right now, nor did I desire to, because my mother was dying - which was true. While I wasn't rude, nor did I raise my voice, I was pretty stern. The thing was, this was the second call since she had been hospitalized. I guess he finally got it. He has not called since, thank goodness. Hopefully, I'll never get another call from a Carnival salesperson. It's been over two years now.

I can't imagine that phone calls and pressure sales results in a lot of sold cruises. I mean, most folks can only cruise periodically and only at certain times of the year and only when finances allow it. It seems like these calls would have a very, very low success rate. In addition, the incessant calls after visiting the Carnival website results in many avoiding the site. It seems they have more to lose, than to gain from it. But perhaps not, since they continue doing it for some reason.

I wish mine would call and offer me a wonderful upgrade to a balcony for about $300 on my cruise in 15 days.................................

Mine is wonderful. He promptly answers my emails, knows what area of the ship I like to book, have had him since 2008...

I must be in the minority as I have not ever once, in the 20 years sailing with Carnival, and other lines, received a call from them unsolicited. I wonder what I'm doing right...or wrong, depending on your take of the calls. :confused:

They call after you visit their website

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've used the same PVP the last 5 times we've booked a Carnival cruise. This PVP is great. I decide what we want, I call the PVP, she provides all of the info I need, she has our pertinent info already from past cruises, and the entire booking process from the initial call to her, email confirming our booking no., date, cabin, etc. is in my mailbox in about 10 minutes. One time we booked Early Saver, and when I noticed the price decrease, I called her and she submitted whatever had to be submitted to get the new price. She's returns calls promptly, is reachable by her cell on weekends, etc. No complaints here.

How did you poison her over the phone?

He had cancer ... he was only 31.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well, I certainly didn't expect my post to go in this direction! Christy, I'm sorry to hear that your PVP passed away.

I generally get call's when I've not been on the site for a while and then sign in to check the "special" prices. I just wish they'd keep up with people who use TA's and people who might want a PVP.

I can't imagine that phone calls and pressure sales results in a lot of sold cruises. I mean, most folks can only cruise periodically and only at certain times of the year and only when finances allow it. It seems like these calls would have a very, very low success rate. In addition, the incessant calls after visiting the Carnival website results in many avoiding the site. It seems they have more to lose, than to gain from it. But perhaps not, since they continue doing it for some reason.

It's an outbound customer contact center and I don't think it's any more pressure sales than when someone calls the inbound call center. And I can't imagine anyone booking a cruise via pressure.

I do know that there are about 700 PVPs making a living for themselves and their families and if each PVP made 2-4 booking per day that's 1400 to 2800 per day thru that Carnival department alone.

Been cruising for several years with Carnival and I check their website every day and I have never received a call.

I think it's interesting that several people have posted that they've never been called. I wonder why that is??

Maybe there's a time when PVP's get a bonus or something similar?