Shore excursion SALE???

BopRN

I also rebooked and got the lower price. A word of caution in doing this is to check the spaces available on the excursions tab first. If there is a waiting list and you cancel your existing excursion you may try to rebook only to be placed on the bottom of the waiting list.

Is this sale over already?

The "Sale" tag in red still sits over the excursions tab, but the details box is gone, and when you click on the excursions available, they are back up to the old prices.

Wonder if they didn't count on everyone just cancelling reservations and rebooking - so they put a stop to it to rethink their strategy?

Or maybe its just that the sale ended for our cruise - but we don't sale for another 35 days.

Don

Just curious - is this SALE only for New Excursion Bookings only? Is this only for 2016 sailing? I've checked over the last week at the Princess site & on my cruise personalizer - no mention of this sale. We are on Regal B2B Feb 2017 with pre-reserved non-prepaid Princess Excursions made on-line sometime ago. So - does that mean that anyone who has already pre-reserved does not qualify for the sale-savings?

Crystabel I don't know about the 2017 sailings, but I just rebooked two non prepaid shore excursions on our Dec. 2016 sailing and got the lower price.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you - understand. Just did another personalizer double-check - nothing. Guess I'll give Princess a call.

I just checked, and for the November sailing it still has the excursions on sale.

Luckily we didn't pre-pay. Generally we don't pre-pay on excursions & the one I had booked for us with the Pirate Ship was on sale for cheaper. So I cancelled our original booking and then re-booked under the sale and saved $20.

the same excursion on the website of the Puerta Vallerta Pirate Ship excursion company is actually $10 more per person.

I also booked us a snorkeling tour since that was cheaper too.

We're on b2b cruises starting in the Med, then Transatlantic, then Caribbean. Our Med tours were on sales several weeks ago - I rebooked all and save around $100.

The Caribbean tours were not on sale then. Now they are, so I rebooked those yesterday.

The Mediterranean tours are not on sale now.

Mary Jane

I also rebooked and got the lower price. A word of caution in doing this is to check the spaces available on the excursions tab first. If there is a waiting list and you cancel your existing excursion you may try to rebook only to be placed on the bottom of the waiting list.

We sail next weekend on the California Coastal round trip from Vancouver. I noticed the sale and managed to save quite a bit by cancelling and immediately rebooking, because the T&Cs say it applies to new excursion bookings only. I checked the available spaces so I didn't lose out to people who might be on the wait list.

Exactly the same thing happened on our Pacific Princess cruise to Iceland last month. I made big savings then too.

I called Princess...they were not helpful. :confused: The guy didn't want to do the re-booking for me. So I did it myself. I saved $50. Interestingly, yesterday it was a 10% off sale...today it was just a "sale" and I didn't save as much. But every bit helps. I had no problem with the excursions not being available which I was worried about.

I thought there was a 30 day cut-off, but that was only for excursions including hotel reservations, etc. Otherwise it seems to be the 5 day cut-off.

Now to sit back and anticipate this week of packing and traveling!

Glad you were able to do it yourself. I canceled our shore excursion and then rebooked at the lower price ,easy to do online. First I checked online to see how many spaces were still available before I canceled and rebooked. I've never had a Princess shore excursion go on sale, but I was happy for it .I believe I even got an email about it ,but I dragged my feet for couple days until someone on our roll call said that they had rebooked theirs, so I went ahead and rebooked ours.worked like a charm.

Julie