Dynamic dining on Anthem

When are you sailing? (because RCI is doing away with Dynamic Dining soon)

If you have Classic or Traditional dining, you will be assigned a time and place.

If you have Choice or My Time dining, you can make reservations or you can just walk up when you want and wait for the next available seat (just like a land-based restaurant).

Edited by DonnaK

Assuming you are on the 11/20 sailing, you will be the last to experience DD. If you have DD Choice, you should make some reservations though it is fairly late for that now - you may not have very good times to choose from. If you have DD Classic, you'll be assigned a table and the rotation through the 4 venues will be in your cabin upon embarkation.

Make reservations for the puzzle room on board. Add the Royal IQ app to your phone and use that for reservations once on board. Otherwise there are tablets in some spots to do the same.

If you have choice go ahead and make reservations even if the times are late. We had really late reservations some days and then just showed up when we wanted to eat, explained we had reservations but wondered if we could eat early. We never had to wait for a table. Of course we wanted to eat between 6-7 so it was fairly early.

The puzzle room showed up under activities one day about a month before our cruise on the cruise planner. I was checking it several times a day because our entertainment was not showing up to reserve. If you can't get a reservation you can always try showing up when a session is about to start. People don't always show up for their times. We had 4 people not show up. It works best with more people.

...We are cruising Anthem 11/20- 11/27 out of Bayonne. We have an obstructed view cabin on deck 6. According to my booking we have Dynamic dining' date=' so what does that mean?...[/quote']

Still not sure what kind of dining you have. It can be Dynamic Choice or Dynamic Classic.

CHoice means you pick the time and restaurant.

Classic means you have a fixed time and the cruise line rotates you through all the restaurants. You find your rotation schedule when you board, no way to change it or find out ahead of time.

Still not sure what kind of dining you have. It can be Dynamic Choice or Dynamic Classic.

CHoice means you pick the time and restaurant.

Classic means you have a fixed time and the cruise line rotates you through all the restaurants. You find your rotation schedule when you board, no way to change it or find out ahead of time.

Dynamic choice...sorry, I'm new to RCI and didn't know what to look for.

Dynamic choice...sorry' date=' I'm new to RCI and didn't know what to look for.[/quote']

Then you get to choose among 4 different "free" restaurants each night, and also pick your dining time. You can make reservations or show up whenever, your choice.

Dynamic choice...sorry' date=' I'm new to RCI and didn't know what to look for.[/quote']

From everything I've read, it's best to go online now and make reservations for each night. Even if you can't get times you want, at least you have a reservation. Let's say the only time left to make a reservation is 9:15 pm. Take that time, and then show up at the restaurant when you want to eat. As long as you have a reservation, they will likely seat you when you arrive.

Again, this is not my personal experience - just what I've read from other reviews. We are sailing in 4 days and made all of our dining reservations ahead of time.

This is my first RCI trip and I'm wondering if I need dining reservations or will I be assigned a dining time and place?

Also did I read correctly that there's a puzzle room onboard? How do I make reservations?

Thanks

Oh, and I thought I'd mention we also made reservations for each of the 3 shows (We Will Rock You, The Gift, and Spectra's Cabaret), the Northstar, and Ripcord by iFLy in advance. Bookings never showed up online for the puzzle room, so we'll try to book that once we board!

From everything I've read, it's best to go online now and make reservations for each night. Even if you can't get times you want, at least you have a reservation. Let's say the only time left to make a reservation is 9:15 pm. Take that time, and then show up at the restaurant when you want to eat. As long as you have a reservation, they will likely seat you when you arrive.

Again, this is not my personal experience - just what I've read from other reviews. We are sailing in 4 days and made all of our dining reservations ahead of time.

Ditto. You make the reservations under "Cruise Planner" on your RCCL web page. If you are not computer savy, you can call and do it over the phone. How many people are in your party? I had a lot and it took me all day to do on the computer, but if it just the two of you, it is easy.:):):) I messed up on one night and had to call. She fixed it for me over the phone. :)

Hint: The Grande is formal except for the first and last nights of your cruise. So, if you do not want to dress up, then book The Grande for those nights.

When you board the ship, you can go to the podium on deck 3 and make reservations. They earlier you go, the more options will be available to you. (We like to eat early and had no issue booking the "free" venues for 6pm or earlier)

This WAS our experience and what I've been posting for months. Take any time you can get, they cater to those WITH reservations. Also you do NOT have to book every restaurant, we never booked Silk and had lobster in The Grande 5 times. :D:D

All of you have a great cruise :):)

Hint: The Grande is formal except for the first and last nights of your cruise. So, if you do not want to dress up, then book The Grande for those nights.

When you board the ship, you can go to the podium on deck 3 and make reservations. They earlier you go, the more options will be available to you. (We like to eat early and had no issue booking the "free" venues for 6pm or earlier)

Exactly, either go to the podium or us the Royal IQ app to make your reservations as soon as you can once you board. The early times were not available for us to book prior to our cruise for some nights, but we had no issue getting early times with the Royal IQ app once on board.

Also check out the reviews from the recent cruisers to get the up to date happenings.

We happened to walk by the Puzzle Break room when it was open and looked in and they had room for us. We joined the group and did the puzzle with 3 minutes and 38 seconds to go! So, check it out onboard..We never had a problem changing reservations and times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If this is Thanksgiving week, you may really want to make sure you have some type of reservation either before the cruise or go to podium once on the ship given I imagine availability to walk up and change on the actual night may prove more difficult given the holiday week. My guess is they sail very full on holiday cruises. Also, the Windjammer on Anthem at night is very nice too as a back-up. Just a thought. Enjoy Anthem, it is a great ship.

Edited by VaTech8912
spelling

We happened to walk by the Puzzle Break room when it was open and looked in and they had room for us. We joined the group and did the puzzle with 3 minutes and 38 seconds to go! So, check it out onboard..We never had a problem changing reservations and times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were able to book the puzzle room right after we boarded with the Royal IQ app. We finished with just over 9 minutes left! We had a bunch of geeks and game freaks that worked really well together. Lots of fun on a rainy, windy day.

Guest maddycat

There is a fifth complimentary restaurant, the Solarium Bistro. We enjoyed it so much on our April Anthem cruise that I booked it twice for our Anthem cruise later this month. For dinner in the Solarium Bistro a buffet is set up with appetizers, salads and desserts. Your waiter takes and serves your entree and beverage order.