BY Cabin Type on Sun Princess

RubySlippers85

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has cruised in a "BY" type cabin on Sun Princess or the Sun Class ships? It's a balcony stateroom with pullman beds - how is the floor plan different to other balcony rooms? I can't find any information on these anywhere so thought maybe someone on here would know?

(Sorry if this is a weird question - first time cruiser here!)

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has cruised in a "BY" type cabin on Sun Princess or the Sun Class ships? It's a balcony stateroom with pullman beds - how is the floor plan different to other balcony rooms? I can't find any information on these anywhere so thought maybe someone on here would know?

(Sorry if this is a weird question - first time cruiser here!)

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

Hi there, havent stayed in one but my daughter has with her inlaws.

Not very popular cabins, I believe they were added later.....

Have a look at this thread, there is an attachment in post 12 with a pic,

Good luck!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=1934624&highlight=sun+sea+dawn+balcony+quad

I used to have pics but can't find them.

Edited by cheznandy

Hi there, havent stayed in one but my daughter has with her inlaws.

Not very popular cabins, I believe they were added later.....

Have a look at this thread, there is an attachment in post 12 with a pic,

Good luck!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=1934624&highlight=sun+sea+dawn+balcony+quad

I used to have pics but can't find them.

Thank you so much! Wow - no wonder I got a good price for the room... $2,200 less than a standard balcony cabin. Travelling alone so I guess it's not that bad.

If it's a guaranteed room (no allocation yet) does that mean I can have a small amount of hope I may get a standard balcony room? Sailing in January.

Also - when do cabins get allocated when you're in the guarantee category?

(Sorry for the questions! So much to know about cruising! :o )

Also - when do cabins get allocated when you're in the guarantee category?

Anytime from the day you book until the day you arrive to check in at the pier.

Most of mine recently wave been within the two weeks before embarkation day, the latest being one day before.

Anytime from the day you book until the day you arrive to check in at the pier.

Most of mine recently wave been within the two weeks before embarkation day, the latest being one day before.

Pretty much my experience too.

I had to laugh when I saw the other thread. I'd posted a few times on it as to how awful these cabins are. Will never forget walking into the cabin on the Sun Princes and thinking it had to have been a mistake.

Hopefully you will not end up in one of these. Luckily the link to the one picture still worked so you could see what they layout is. The link to our pictures doesn't work anymore.

Good luck!

I had to laugh when I saw the other thread. I'd posted a few times on it as to how awful these cabins are. Will never forget walking into the cabin on the Sun Princes and thinking it had to have been a mistake.

Hopefully you will not end up in one of these. Luckily the link to the one picture still worked so you could see what they layout is. The link to our pictures doesn't work anymore.

Good luck!

I really appreciate Cheznandy linking that thread to this one - at least I'm now prepared in case I do end up in this one! Compared to the pictures of balcony cabins on the Princess website it would've been a huge disappointment on the day to walk into that!

I'm really hoping that I won't get it but who knows! All of those cabin numbers are listed as "sold out" on the princess website now - not sure if that means it's mine or not but I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope it won't be mine! haha! :D

Good luck!

Sorry Hulagirl....it's the only one I could find with a picture:o

I had saved pics years ago when my daughter had one of these but that was a couple of laptops ago.....

I really appreciate Cheznandy linking that thread to this one - at least I'm now prepared in case I do end up in this one! Compared to the pictures of balcony cabins on the Princess website it would've been a huge disappointment on the day to walk into that!

I'm really hoping that I won't get it but who knows! All of those cabin numbers are listed as "sold out" on the princess website now - not sure if that means it's mine or not but I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope it won't be mine! haha! :D

RubySlipper85, I think this cabin would be ok if you are just one, with the bunks up and twin beds with one as a sofa.....could be ok!! I definately would not like 4 in there!!

Make sure that Princess or you TA has marked your booking "upgrade" that way there is a chance you will be moved

Edited by cheznandy

Cheznandy! I doubt you would or could have found our pictures of this cabin anymore. It was on one of the older picture share sites that has disappeared. I think it was Webshots and we didn't get it moved over quick enough. But what you found was perfect.

Understand about the laptops. This was before we had iPhoto and Dropbox too.

Ruby: For one person this cabin will be doable if you aren't able to get another cabin. When there was 3 of us on a Panama Canal cruise it was a pain. Daughter was 9 at the time, so that helped it wasn't 3 adults. But talk about tight quarters. We did have to use the bed for our luggage, so it was useless other than that. For just one it should work out.

These cabins are so odd. We paid a lot of money for that cruise and it almost ended me going back to Princess again. Thankfully they were only on this class of ship and none of the others.

Enjoy your cruise!