Oasis Free Speciality Dining - which would you pick

We were given to us by our TA a free meal for two at one of these places. Chops Grille, Portofino, Giovanni’s Table, Samba Grill or Solarium Bistro.

1. Which would you pick and why?

2. We are on the Western Cruise so which day would you prefer to dine on and why?

Thanks in advance!

We were given to us by our TA a free meal for two at one of these places. Chops Grille, Portofino, Giovanni’s Table, Samba Grill or Solarium Bistro.

2. We are on the Western Cruise so which day would you prefer to dine on and why?

Thanks in advance!

First, what ship are you on? Makes a difference.

Really subjective. I love Chops, but they've really diminished the menu. I've always liked Giovanni's or Portofino's (are there any Portofino's left?). For free, I'd check the menus and pick the one you think is most enticing. Chops is the most expensive, so might want to do that for free and do Giovanni's (if there is one on your ship) for lunch at a lower price. But check the menus. It's free, can't go wrong.

As for the day, it depends on the menu. I like Formal Night menus. My least favorite is Pimiento. Not sure which night that will be. Usually mid cruise somewhere. My second least favorite is Pomodoro, but that's usually the last night so we usually like to be at the MDR. But as I said, it's completely subjective.

First, what ship are you on? Makes a difference.

Really subjective. I love Chops, but they've really diminished the menu. I've always liked Giovanni's or Portofino's (are there any Portofino's left?). For free, I'd check the menus and pick the one you think is most enticing. Chops is the most expensive, so might want to do that for free and do Giovanni's (if there is one on your ship) for lunch at a lower price. But check the menus. It's free, can't go wrong.

As for the day, it depends on the menu. I like Formal Night menus. My least favorite is Pimiento. Not sure which night that will be. Usually mid cruise somewhere. My second least favorite is Pomodoro, but that's usually the last night so we usually like to be at the MDR. But as I said, it's completely subjective.

Sorry I thought the ship was in the title. I am going on the oasis. Hubby like Italian and I like meat and potatoes haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance!

We also have a free meal from a TA for our November Freedom cruise.

I prefer Chops but that is just me. Hubby was an accountant so he likes to get the most value I.e go for the most expensive. :D

As others have said check the menus before making a decision.

By the way, when seeing your user name it threw me. I was Heather Anderson before marrying. :cool:

We also have a free meal from a TA for our November Freedom cruise.

I prefer Chops but that is just me. Hubby was an accountant so he likes to get the most value I.e go for the most expensive. :D

As others have said check the menus before making a decision.

By the way, when seeing your user name it threw me. I was Heather Anderson before marrying. :cool:

Awesome. That is my married name. Yes we usually think along that lines as well ;)

Sorry I thought the ship was in the title. I am going on the oasis. Hubby like Italian and I like meat and potatoes haha

Giovanni sounds like it will suit both of you - it's Italian but you can get a good steak there too :)