Should I have chosen Celebrity?

Pr3dict

Hi all!

I am excited to have finally join cruise critic after reading so much over the years.

I am going on my 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise in November in a suite for the first time. I got a great deal on the adventurer of the seas owners suite and I couldn't pass it up.

My girlfriend and I have cruised on the Majesty + Brilliance before this and loved them both. However, I am having a sort of buyers remorse after viewing the adventurer over and over. The whole water slide/ ice skating rink thing is having me wonder if this will be full of kids and not as relaxing as the other cruises we have taken.

Any ideas on if I should give up the suite for a more basic room on celebrity or am I totally over reacting?

Thanks!

If you are going in November, you've already made final payment, so you can't back out now. Sailings at that time of year usually have fewer kids, and Adventure is a large ship that handles people well so that it doesn't feel crowded. The ice show is not to be missed.

Stick with what you have and give this class of ship a try. You will likely be pleasantly surprised!

Hi all!

I am excited to have finally join cruise critic after reading so much over the years.

I am going on my 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise in November in a suite for the first time. I got a great deal on the adventurer of the seas owners suite and I couldn't pass it up.

My girlfriend and I have cruised on the Majesty + Brilliance before this and loved them both. However, I am having a sort of buyers remorse after viewing the adventurer over and over. The whole water slide/ ice skating rink thing is having me wonder if this will be full of kids and not as relaxing as the other cruises we have taken.

Any ideas on if I should give up the suite for a more basic room on celebrity or am I totally over reacting?

Thanks!

No...I think you have made the right decision...Adventure will have just completed her major drydock...Children onboard shouldn't be a concern at all...We recently did a B2B on AOS and loved the ship and ports...can't wait until the May 2018 opens for bookings.

No...I think you have made the right decision...Adventure will have just completed her major drydock...Children onboard shouldn't be a concern at all...We recently did a B2B on AOS and loved the ship and ports...can't wait until the May 2018 opens for bookings.

What is B2B? I've been following the dry dock news and I hope it is fantastic afterward.

If you are going in November, you've already made final payment, so you can't back out now.

That's a very good point and one way to look at it haha. Also, I didn't think about the kids thing being a non issue because it is November. I just want to relax :)

Is abbreviated for a back to back cruise.

To put it easily you do a seven night cruise or however many nights the cruise is for and perhaps cruise to the eastern Caribbean go back to your embarkation port and then stay on board for another seven nights to do the same or maybe a different itinerary say to the western Caribbean.

If you loved the other RC ships you will probably love Adventure even more. I have found the number of kids sailing out of SJU to be lower than the mainland ports. We sailed spring break on Jewel and it was very quiet. Sailing out of SJU is a different experience with a more diverse crowd. The only downside I have experienced are the long lines getting on and off the ship.

I agree with the previous posters. Haven't done a cruise out of San Juan, so that might be different. But I have done a Celebrity cruise. Beautiful ship, good food, great service, but compared to Royal, I found it a bit "boring." I am 65 and we like to still go to the Schooner Bar at night for entertainment, etc. That was lacking on Celebrity. Not much "night life" in our opinion. They have the Molecular Bar on the ship (Reflection). It serves unusual but fantastic drinks. One night I went up for a "night cap," and turns out they closed at 11 pm. We were relegated every night to the Molecular Bar. A great bar, but it really limits your choices. So I think you made a good choice in Adventure.

I agree with the previous posters. Haven't done a cruise out of San Juan, so that might be different. But I have done a Celebrity cruise. Beautiful ship, good food, great service, but compared to Royal, I found it a bit "boring." I am 65 and we like to still go to the Schooner Bar at night for entertainment, etc. That was lacking on Celebrity. Not much "night life" in our opinion. They have the Molecular Bar on the ship (Reflection). It serves unusual but fantastic drinks. One night I went up for a "night cap," and turns out they closed at 11 pm. We were relegated every night to the Molecular Bar. A great bar, but it really limits your choices. So I think you made a good choice in Adventure.

Love, love, love Celebrity. I believe Celebrity no longer has Molecular bar on its Solstice class ships. The popular bar is the Martini Bar and is always jumping on every cruise we have taken.

Love Celebrity AQUA class with its own restaurant BLU. Their Suite butler service was wonderful the two times we sailed in a suite.

Don't worry, you will have a great time on Adventure.

In the future, book a Celebrity and give it a try, the ships just have a different vibe, especially late. Celebrity has its advantages, but we always come back to RC.

We just got off Brilliance and have cruise Celebrity. but Adventure size ship is my favorite we always try to avoid children and as long as it is not Thanksgiving week you will be fine. Ice skating show is amazing , entertainment will be a notch or 2 above Brilliance. Suite [perks are great love the breakfast in Chops, also this size ship has a great restricted seating area by the pool for suite guests

Hi all!

Thanks!

You are cruising in Nov but you did not give a date. If you are going over the Thanksgiving holiday there will be a lot of kids no matter what ship you are on.

I have cruised on the Adventure of the Seas over Thanksgiving and there will be a lot of kids. There was about 20 young females celebrating their Quinceanera on our cruise. That is their coming of age celebration.

We did a B2B, Thanksgiving week and the week after. The second week there was only about 1/4 of the kids on board. The only down side we had with cruising out of San Juan was we all thought the passengers were less considerate than our other cruises. Seem to be more pushy and didn't want to wait their turn. Also did seem to mind jumping into the lines.

We still loved our cruise and would certainly cruise on her again.

I decided to go with Celebrity several years ago due to the same concerns - so we went Thanksgiving week on Silhouette. It was FULL of kids - even the staff on board said it was the busiest week for kids - so going Celebrity is no guarantee that there will be a low kid factor! I think you'll do fine with Adventure -- we have it booked for December 2017, so I look forward to your review of her post-drydock!

Hi all!

Thanks!

Go through the site below to find your cruise week and chat with cruisers going the same week as you on the Adventure!!:cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256

Sailings out of San Juan have less children than from the US. In addition, you're going when school is in session, which will also cut down on the number of kids (unless you're sailing over Thanksgiving, which I doubt since you got a "good deal" on a suite). Plus I've noticed most kids are pretty well behaved.

If you want no children at all, sail the QMII next time :D

Edited by MikeBTN

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I will be sailing out on November 14th.

I'm sure we will have a fantastic time, I just cant help but read the bad threads as well as the good so it helps to voice my concerns and get feedback.

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I will be sailing out on November 14th.

I'm sure we will have a fantastic time, I just cant help but read the bad threads as well as the good so it helps to voice my concerns and get feedback.

You'll be fine:) We always sail around that date because of the likely hood of less kiddos. We have our own, but don't enjoy thousands of everyone else's! :D

We usually sail in November and not at Thanksgiving. There are very few kids that time of year. I hope you come back and post a review of Adventure. We are looking at booking it in November, 2017 so I would be interested in your comments.

Edited by kalliekae

I have cruised on the Adventure of the Seas over Thanksgiving and there will be a lot of kids. There was about 20 young females celebrating their Quinceanera on our cruise. That is their coming of age celebration.

We did a B2B, Thanksgiving week and the week after. The second week there was only about 1/4 of the kids on board. The only down side we had with cruising out of San Juan was we all thought the passengers were less considerate than our other cruises. Seem to be more pushy and didn't want to wait their turn. Also did seem to mind jumping into the lines.

We still loved our cruise and would certainly cruise on her again.

:D:D...If you think they were inconsiderate...you might be advised to avoid the cruise's out of Asia ;)

Give it up, really, who wants to stay in an owners suite. Or just cancel the cruise:rolleyes:

LOL I agree with you........ OP run ...don't walk and cancel your cruise.....OS suite on a beautiful voyager class ship??? Bleh Ich,,,terrible.

Don't worry cheap deals on OS class suites come up all the time......:rolleyes::rolleyes: