Majesty of The Seas 10/7/16 Hurricane

Is anyone else set to go on this? Does anyone with experience cruising just before/after a hurricane have any guess as to what will happen? I called RC and they acted like they would not cancel the cruise, but considering the current hurricane track, I can't imagine the Majesty coming back into port Friday morning.

I see that the Majesty was rerouted this week, but they haven't updated since yesterday morning with additional itinerary changes. I'm in Tampa, so I'm not new to this whole hurricane thing, I've just never had one occur when cruising!

Praying for all the people in Haiti who were affected!

1879021051_hurricanematthew.jpg.f4af852b7897dd87b775738c4ee5985e.jpg

we are on the 7th cruise and still plan on leaving from ATL Thursday to overnight stay in Cocoa Beach but thinking of changing to Orlando as i have been told if the winds are over 40 mph you cannot get over the bridge they will shut it down. Worst case they may go to Tampa and bus everyone back to PC, and then bus PC people over to Tampa to board. Tomorrow will tell us more still too early to predict so i doubt we will see an itinerary change this early! Praying for those in Haiti today they have no options at least we do!! Safe travels!!

Here is your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2309817

Not whole bunch, but these are the folks on your specific cruise.

To the OP, do check out your roll call. It can take hours for RC to update everyone and occasionally they miss calls. Someone on your roll call will hear something and report. Chances are Royal will wait till the last possible minute to make decisions with the current cruise and yours.

Worst case they may go to Tampa and bus everyone back to PC, and then bus PC people over to Tampa to board.

No ship scheduled for Tampa that day so it could work but I don't know if RCI would get an exemption from the PVSA rules.

No ship scheduled for Tampa that day so it could work but I don't know if RCI would get an exemption from the PVSA rules.

I believe they have received exemptions before for this type of situation. I remember another hurricane that took out the Galveston facilities in the middle of a cruise that started there, and the ship ended up returning to New Orleans.

Edited by clarea

I was thinking this is why they diverted to Freeport in stead of going directly to Key West as their first notice said. I was surprised to wake up and find them there.

FL Gov. Scott on TV now on weather channel. Most of East Coast of FL under Hurricane Watch and he is suggesting evacuation for people in flood prone areas. Wish it would head East.

So sorry for people of Haiti. Poor souls don't have a change. They will need a lot of help.

The hurricane will be well past South Florida by Friday and Saturday.

It is scheduled to be parallel to Miami Thursday morning at 8am.

It should not effect your sailing.

Excellent. Thank you!

The maps I've seen show it almost even at Port Canaveral on Friday @ 8 a.m. But hopefully you are right lol!

Copied from another thread:

Hurricane Matthew Weather Update

October 4, 2016

6:00p.m. (EST)

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew. Due to the storm, PortMiami is planning to close to all marine traffic on Thursday and reopen on Friday. Because of this, Empress of the Seas next sailing will now depart on Friday, October 7, 2016. Boarding on Friday will take place as soon as we receive notification from PortMiami authorities. To compensate for the missed day, Royal Caribbean will provide each stateroom with an onboard credit in the amount of one day based on the cruise fare paid, which will be credited to guests' onboard accounts. As a gesture of goodwill, we will also be providing all sailing guests with a 25% future cruise credit. We encourage guests sailing on Empress of the Seas to monitor this website tomorrow for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section requesting your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin.

Royal Caribbean International will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will provide updates as soon as they become available.

I don't see Canaveral opening back up until late Friday afternoon.

Weather Channel just said Matthew is moving at 9mph and is 7 miles off Cuba. Will make landfall soon. Then it heads our way. Hope it moves east.

And your ports are closed until further notice.. How will that help??

Majesty is out of PC now. Friday is going to be a mess.

With the major part of the storm hitting PC late Thursday/early Friday morning I doubt the port will be opening back up until Saturday and that is assuming there isn't any major damage and the port roads are acessable.

Edited by later

Carnival Victory came back a day early. Not sure if they are going to stay in port tonight.

I saw on FB that Marc Walker said MJ was leaving KW 4 hours early tomorrow morning. He is being coy on where they are going. Said it's a 'surprise'