Majesty of The Seas 10/7/16 Hurricane

Cruise Director Marc Walker just posted this on his FB page:

Final update I hope, for all on Majesty, who are ashore. All aboard time now 2am as port is closing at 6. Heading to calm seas, away from storm, and tentatively scheduled for PC on Saturday. I can't answer questions about next cruise I'm afraid... pls go to royal website.

Cruise Director Marc Walker just posted this on his FB page:

Final update I hope, for all on Majesty, who are ashore. All aboard time now 2am as port is closing at 6. Heading to calm seas, away from storm, and tentatively scheduled for PC on Saturday. I can't answer questions about next cruise I'm afraid... pls go to royal website.

I'm on pins and needles trying to figure out what to plan for this weekend. The OCD planner in me is about to lose my teeny tiny mind:(

RCCL seems to be more emphasized on Miami - imagine phone lines are jammed Hang in there CrusinFromTampa :(

Just North of Tampa here - (Next updates at 2 PM EST) I keep up with NOAA/NHC.Com WunderGround.Com and Intellicast - (Storms/Severe Weather)

Use the drop-down and "Check" Active Model Track Alerts - Severe. Flood, Marine, Tropical, Other http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx

Edited by CaptDJB

S: Important Update: Majesty of the Seas - October 7, 2016

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with some important information regarding your Friday, October 7, 2016, sailing onboard the Majesty of the Seas. Due to Hurricane Matthew, Port of Canaveral is planning to close to all marine traffic on Thursday and reopen on Saturday. Your Majesty of the Seas cruise will now depart on Saturday, October 8, 2016. To compensate for the missed day, Royal Caribbean will provide each stateroom with an onboard credit in the amount of one day based on the cruise fare paid, which will be credited to guests' onboard accounts. As a gesture of goodwill, we will also be providing all sailing guests with a 33% future cruise credit. A letter with more details and information about the updated itinerary will be provided at boarding. If there are any questions, please contact us at 866-562-7625. Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. To confirm: reply with YES and send.

Full email/text.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Majesty now - my understanding is that next cruise is cancelled. We are currently off the coast of cuba according to ship TV locator. We could see the coastline of Cuba last night. It looks like we are going in circles a little bit. Weather is calm. Haven't had update this am yet.

Cruise was cancelled yesterday afternoon. They are giving us a full refund on all pre booked on board purchases (beverage packages, excursions, etc).

We have also been offered either a full refund on cruise fare, or 150% of fare paid as a future cruise credit (less any insurance premiums paid)

Overall, while I did feel we spent a lot of time waiting for updates, I'm very pleased with Royal's response. Hurricanes change so frequently, and wanting to be certain before making changes cannot be underscored. I feel they have been very generous with their compensation, and am looking forward to booking our next cruise with them.

Anoyone who was booked on the 10/7 sailing, if you plan to get the 150% FCC, you have to call Royal 1-888-281-9344 by 10/13 to claim the credit.

Edited by cruisinfromtampa

On Majesty now - my understanding is that next cruise is cancelled. We are currently off the coast of cuba according to ship TV locator. We could see the coastline of Cuba last night. It looks like we are going in circles a little bit. Weather is calm. Haven't had update this am yet.

How's the mood onboard? I would be ecstatic getting 2 more free nights ... They even get 2 extra cruise points lol.

How's the mood onboard? I would be ecstatic getting 2 more free nights ... They even get 2 extra cruise points lol.

Hi Nick

Nice to get an extra night or two on board any ship :D When our 10 night sailing on Anthem in January turned into 11 nights due to a blizzard, there were no extra points given. It's great if they're giving them extra points.

THanks for that update. Marinetraffic.com reported you steaming due south out of Key West Thursday morning and hasn't updated. It does show a bunch of ships just hanging around between Key West and Cancun.

Hi Nick

Nice to get an extra night or two on board any ship :D When our 10 night sailing on Anthem in January turned into 11 nights due to a blizzard, there were no extra points given. It's great if they're giving them extra points.

That makes sense not to get the extra points cause they didn't PAY for the extra nights. I didn't think about that til you mentioned this.. Well they still get 2 free nights of cruising

ITINERARY UPDATES

Hurricane Matthew Weather Update

October 6, 2016

For the past few days, we have been closely monitoring the path and progress of Hurricane Matthew off the coast of Florida. On Thursday, Port Canaveral and PortMiami are closed to all marine traffic due to the strong and powerful storm. Because of this, and given the storms' current location and projected path, it is necessary make the following modifications:

Majesty of the Seas

Due to Port Canaveral's closure and given Hurricane Matthew's current location and projected path, it will be necessary to cancel Majesty of the Seas' Saturday, October 8, sailing. Guests will have the option to receive a full refund of the cruise fare paid or future cruise credit in the amount of 150% of the cruise fare paid. Refunds will automatically be issued within one week to the form of payment applied unless we are contacted and a future cruise credit is requested.

No one will get any extra cruise credit. Just because you are on the ship for extra days, you did not pay for those extra days, so you will only get the number of days that you paid for.

So everyone will get four or eight credits (suites).

And the people who were on the cruise leaving Friday 7Oct will not get any credit since their either will get a refund or a credit for a future cruise.

Where does it say that?

Marinetraffic has it arriving at 10 AM UTC tomorrow.

Omg - I freaking forgot today is FRIDAY! I thought today was Saturday when I posted that!! My bad. I'm blaming this hurricane on why I don't even know what day it is!! You're right. Tomorrow is SATURDAY lol

Where does it say that?

Marinetraffic has it arriving at 10 AM UTC tomorrow.

I would assume that is contingent on the port being open then. I haven't heard anything semi official on that yet.