Pride staying overnight in NYC due to Matthew

medianeh

The captain just announced we are staying docked in NYC until tomorrow at 5 pm.

We will not be going to St. John's.

We will have 3 sea days and be back in Baltimore on Sunday morning.

We get 50% off our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The captain just announced we are staying docked in NYC until tomorrow at 5 pm.

We will not be going to St. John's.

We will have 3 sea days and be back in Baltimore on Sunday morning.

We get 50% off our next cruise.

Will Carnival have to incur any penalties for not visiting a foreign port ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Will Carnival have to incur any penalties for not visiting a foreign port ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope one of the mariners on these boards will chime in (chengkp75?), but I think the PVSA has some exemptions built in for these types of instances - or at least the ability to request an exemption.

I hope one of the mariners on these boards will chime in (chengkp75?), but I think the PVSA has some exemptions built in for these types of instances - or at least the ability to request an exemption.

I believe that CBP does have the authority to waive the penalties if warranted and I would also hope this situation is deemed warranted.

if you book a cruise during the height of hurricane season because the rates are cheaper. then you have no right to complain that a hurricane has interrupted your cruise. especially if they gave your the choice of a full refund.

What did Fred Loney expect Carnival to do? They gave them an option for a full refund. He should have got trip insurance and not gotten onboard.

He sounds like the one interviewed on Weather channel, accusing Carnival of not delivering the cruise promised. If he boarded, he had to have known the change.

Currently on board the pride. Just went to customer service this am to see what my options are.

$250 refundable obc and 50% off seems to be the final offer. They are allowing you to get off the ship here in NYC if you would like, but no further refunds if you do. Their story is the that the $300 fee has been waived so no further discounts. Plently of people are getting off. My question is wouldn't that same fee apply to our return to Baltimore?

I'm staying on the ship having a lovely time and was upgraded from a 4K to a balcony on 8... and planning my next cruise not in hurricane season for some fancy beaches at 50% off :)

What did Fred Loney expect Carnival to do? They gave them an option for a full refund. He should have got trip insurance and not gotten onboard.

From what I'm reading, he had the opportunity for full refund if he didn't board at all, but chose to board, use the ship's offerings, and not happy with 50% off another cruise and the OBC offered. I doubt insurance would have paid anything in this case.

$250 on board credit and half off my next cruise. I would be happy to sit docked in NYC for that deal.

Anyone know what is happening to the cruises out of Port Canaveral and Miami this week? Has anything been officially cancelled or moved?

Quoted from the above article, "So far, Carnival says they will give guests $250 to spend on board and 50 percent off a future cruise. Many said they have no intention of taking Carnival up on that offer."

If it was possible to transfer that 50% off deal, I would GLADLY take it off their hands.

Quoted from the above article, "So far, Carnival says they will give guests $250 to spend on board and 50 percent off a future cruise. Many said they have no intention of taking Carnival up on that offer."

If it was possible to transfer that 50% off deal, I would GLADLY take it off their hands.

Me too. They are talking like CCL started the hurricane just to ruin their cruise.

I'm more than satisfied for sure. Even being from buffalo, we hardly ever get the chance to visit NYC. We are docked at pier 88, 6 blocks from Times Square. Loving it!

Just so ya'll know. It is NOT 50% off your next cruise. How it works is they take 50% of the value of the cruise fare (before taxes) of the cruise you are on and send you a coupon which you can use towards your next cruise.

To call if 50% off your next cruise is truly a misnomer.

The complainers are the same ones that would flip their lids if they were out in the storm or even hit a HINT of rain and wind. Seriously, the coming hurricane wasn't a secret! And they were given an opportunity to cancel but chose not to take Carnival up on that offer and now want to complain? Good grief.

Just so ya'll know. It is NOT 50% off your next cruise. How it works is they take 50% of the value of the cruise fare (before taxes) of the cruise you are on and send you a coupon which you can use towards your next cruise.

To call if 50% off your next cruise is truly a misnomer.

Yes, that is how it is done. "50% off what you paid for your current cruise as a credit toward a future cruise." This does commonly trip people up.