Allure of the seas this Sunday/Oct 9

Going on the allure this Sunday and worried it may cancel or be delayed. Flying out of Detroit on Saturday morning. Anyone have any onsite to calm a guy down?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You gave yourself the extra day....that will probably come in handy. I am hoping that the ship can sail a bit later than planned even it if makes its way in on time for those who may be impacted by delays in air travel. Fingers crossed for you, lets see how it shakes out, you have eveyone rooting for you!

Edited by MizDemeanor

Going on the allure this Sunday and worried it may cancel or be delayed. Flying out of Detroit on Saturday morning. Anyone have any onsite to calm a guy down?

Don't see why it would be cancelled or delayed. We leave Sat on Oasis. By Sat the storm will be in Georgia at the least. Oasis docks in Sat and allure Sunday. Unless there is severe port damage can't see why anything would change.

I am kind of surprised at some of the posts I have seen on the various threads about this hurricane, and some of those are from people that live in Florida. Just because the storm will not be over Florida on Saturday or Sunday does not mean that your cruise will be fine. There will be trees and power lines down. Who knows if the airport or port will have power and be open. And then you don't know if the hotels will be open either. There will probably be evacuations, so will the workers be able to get back in time to deal with the cruises. This will be a dangerous storm and not just an afternoon shower. Some of the models are now even suggesting the hurricane may move further west and make landfall in Florida. I hope everything goes well for all the people affected, but it is unpredictable. People should plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Received a Miami channel news alert stating that both Fll airport and port Everglades will open on Friday morning. Trash collection is scheduled as well. .

Received a Miami channel news alert stating that both Fll airport and port Everglades will open on Friday morning. Trash collection is scheduled as well. .

Also read that oasis will operate into port Everglades as scheduled on Saturday

good luck to you the next day or two. Can't imagine sitting and just waiting to see what you will do.

I am watching weather channel and reading all the threads on here. Hoping and praying for the best for everyone. The latest update just showed that the storm stayed a little off the coast around FLL.

(And OP, I am only about an hour south of you, coming your way in a couple weeks for my son to check out UT)

I'm on Allure now, and we are going to Labadee tomorrow...captain has reported we will be donating supplies to Haiti.

I'm concerned of what will happen Sunday, too, since I'm supposed to be driving a rental car from Ft Lauderdale to Cocoa Beach to get on Freedom the same day! Depends on where the hurricane makes landfall and how much destruction....this is something I had not thought about when planning these cruises.

Every thing will be fine by Sunday.

I'm on Allure now, and we are going to Labadee tomorrow...captain has reported we will be donating supplies to Haiti.

I'm concerned of what will happen Sunday, too, since I'm supposed to be driving a rental car from Ft Lauderdale to Cocoa Beach to get on Freedom the same day! Depends on where the hurricane makes landfall and how much destruction....this is something I had not thought about when planning these cruises.

Kay, you should have better luck getting off Allure on Sunday than boarding Freedom on Sunday. Just be sure to call us on Sunday morning

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Kay, you should have better luck getting off Allure on Sunday than boarding Freedom on Sunday. Just be sure to call us on Sunday morning

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hopefully, y'all stay safe! Looks like Cocoa Beach is being pounded now. I'm sure we'll have more information tonight or tomorrow as to where Freedom will dock. I think if Port Canaveral stays shut down, Freedom will dock in Ft Lauderdale, too. Looks like Matthew might make a u turn and hit the Bahamas and Florida again in another five days or so.:eek: our daughter's family are not very happy Matthew is ruining their fall break trip to WDW.:(

Hopefully, y'all stay safe! Looks like Cocoa Beach is being pounded now. I'm sure we'll have more information tonight or tomorrow as to where Freedom will dock. I think if Port Canaveral stays shut down, Freedom will dock in Ft Lauderdale, too. Looks like Matthew might make a u turn and hit the Bahamas and Florida again in another five days or so.:eek: our daughter's family are not very happy Matthew is ruining their fall break trip to WDW.:(

Instead of docking the ship in the different port it would be more likely that they just dock a day later as they just did with the Empress and had p,Anne's on with the Majesty.

The port webcam at PE doesn't look too bad today, will get a better look at day break. Marine traffic is showing Allure a couple of hours out of Labadee, maybe we will get a report there.

There was a report last night from someone with a friend in Cap Haitien that said they just got some light winds and rain and that the storm missed the northeast part of Haiti.

Instead of docking the ship in the different port it would be more likely that they just dock a day later as they just did with the Empress and had p,Anne's on with the Majesty.

The port webcam at PE doesn't look too bad today, will get a better look at day break. Marine traffic is showing Allure a couple of hours out of Labadee, maybe we will get a report there.

I stated IF Port Canaveral stays shut down....that's why Freedom might not dock in Port Canaveral. If there's no power, and the Port remains closed, no ship will come in. They may, if they know it will reopen, keep Freedom and other ships out a couple of days longer. This all depends on how badly Port Canaveral gets hit by Matthew. Four years ago, we were given a five night cruise, instead of a seven night on Allure, because they closed Port Everglades. Other times, ships have docked in different ports after storms, and passengers been given bus transportation to/from.

I'm on Allure, and our schedule is to dock at Labadee at 9:30. Captain announced yesterday that the ship will be donating needed supplies to Haiti.

Edited by cruising grandma

Majesty's cruise scheduled for tomorrow departing Port Canaveral has been cancelled.

Labadee didn't have storm damage, but other parts of Haiti had major impact from Matthew, with over 200 deaths.

It has been on the news non stop. They show the devastation of Haiti. This morning they are concentrating on Florida and there are tons of reporters with "live" reports. The Port Canaveral Webcam is still working also and we see that "live". Thank you for keeping us updated.