RC precruise May 2017 from Anchorage

Beaferd

We are booked for May 2017 11 night precruise starting from Anchorage. We have never done a precruise and am wondering just how it works. We have booked our flights ourselves so am wondering if RC will provide transfer from airport to hotel free of charge. Will any meals on the land portion be included in the price. I read something about having to put your luggage outside your hotel door each night, is that true?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

There appear to be a lot of details you aren't aware of? How is it you made this cruise tour choice and what is your priority?

If you want specific details of what you have purchased, then you need to list the entire itinerary- dates, mode of transportation and destinations. I sincerely hope you are not on a cruisetour- that leaves Denali the day of sailing???

Meals on the mainland portion are never included, unless specifically mentioned. Budget 50% more than you would at home.

Edited by Budget Queen

I don't know the answers to your questions - so sorry about that. The one thing you will want to make sure about is hitting Denali after June 1st as you can't go that far in until after that. Sometimes people don't know that and may want to reschedule if Denali is a priority. Just wanted to make you aware before you make too many plans and may want to reschedule, while there are good cabins and prices left. Good luck in your planning.

I know exactly what I purchased and my full itinerary. I simply asked 3 questions. If you can answer those questions then thank you, if not then happy sailing to you Budget Queen.

Bags have to be placed out by a certain time in the early am. It will be told to you, when you get there. Reps are in airport baggage claims, with transfers to hotels/lodges- IF you are coming in the same day as your cruise tour start.

I already answered your meal question.

Edited by Budget Queen

The one thing you will want to make sure about is hitting Denali after June 1st as you can't go that far in until after that. Sometimes people don't know that and may want to reschedule if Denali is a priority. Just wanted to make you aware before you make too many plans and may want to reschedule, while there are good cabins and prices left. Good luck in your planning.

With a southbound cruise they aren't there in June. Hopefully they are at Denali May 20 or later. Who knows? They may not have any priority for Denali anyway and on a NHT.

Edited by Budget Queen

With a southbound cruise they aren't there in June. Hopefully they are at Denali May 20 or later. Who knows? They may not have any priority for Denali anyway and on a NHT.

I assumed this but wanted to let them know so that they could change plans if Denali was a priority.

I know exactly what I purchased and my full itinerary.
We arrive in Anchorage May 22 and depart for Denali the next morning by train. Spend the night there then go on to Talkeetna, Alyeska and sail out of Seward on May 26, 2017.

How long does the transportation take to go north to Denali and then south back to Talkeetna, Girdwood and then Seward? Looks to be close to 20 hours on a train or bus in 4 days and that wouldn't include the time on the bus to get into Denali National Park. Is that correct?

How long does the transportation take to go north to Denali and then south back to Talkeetna, Girdwood and then Seward? Looks to be close to 20 hours on a train or bus in 4 days and that wouldn't include the time on the bus to get into Denali National Park. Is that correct?

They state they know all about their choice, (then listed it for some reason) and it probably includes the Natural History tour? It doesn't matter, only one, that has to be happy with it is them. :)

Edited by Budget Queen