Princess getting strict on what you pack

Kimmer727

Hi Chief, I had checked with Belkin on the device I mention above because none of the documentation on the product indicated it was capable of surge suppression. Belkin Tech Support told me via phone that this model of swivel pass through AC outlet/USB charger did not have surge suppression.

And from what I've experienced, that is the only way to get accurate information on these devices, and even then, I've had trouble getting some manufacturers (Anker) to respond at all.

Hmmm. This may be old news, but I just noticed it.

I have a cruise coming up in a couple weeks and found another "Booking Notification in my email in-box this morning. I, like everybody else, get a new version of this notification whenever there is a change in my reservation: e.g., final payment is made or I add a reservation for, say, a UBD or delivery of snacks to my cabin.

The only thing new in today's notice is:

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 7 SMARTPHONE ADVISORY

Due to the potential safety risk posed by the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, we request that guests who purchased the device prior to September 15, 2016, and have yet to receive a replacement, please avoid bringing the device onboard if at all possible. As the safety of our guests and crew are always our highest priority, any guest in possession of an applicable Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone while onboard must take the following precautions:

1. Turn off device 2. Disconnect device from any charging equipment 3. Protect the power switch to prevent unintentional activationof device

We thank you for your understanding regarding this matter, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

No big deal for me. My mobile phone lives in the room safe when I'm on a cruise.

:)

And from what I've experienced, that is the only way to get accurate information on these devices, and even then, I've had trouble getting some manufacturers (Anker) to respond at all.

Thanks Chief...I called Monster's technical support & they confirmed that their Monster Outlets to Go 3 & 300 are not surge protected.

None of the other terms you used such as "joules" are on the packaging nor are they on the device. I've also emailed their tech support to see if I receive the same answer given verbally by tech support. Having a flying career I would check multiple sources before feeling comfortable that I had received accurate information. Having received both flight deck & below deck firefighting training while in the Navy, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the dangers of shipboard fires & would never knowingly do anything that could be hazardous.

Apparently the Outlets to Go 3 is now their 300 device which based on photos & specs appears to be only a model number change. Amazon still sells the "3" but also the "300" which also has the option to include non-US plug adapters. Their support tech said these devices converts other types of electricity to 120 however I would do further research before considering using it that way. I only use these devices on the ship so converting electricity for my devices is not required.

Here are the Monster options on Amazon for anyone who wants to research this device & both of my Outlets to Go 3 have worked well for us. I'm not recommending what others do but it's worked for us & I've confirmed with the manufacturer they are not surge protected.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MF40F6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3IP0FJJZ2CJTN&coliid=I342FS8HW9WXYG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TXRTNG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3IP0FJJZ2CJTN&coliid=I1JP30IOB65LZC

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B5ZFB6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3IP0FJJZ2CJTN&coliid=I291KCT3AT9BNY

Info from the Monster website for the newer model number 300:

http://www.monsterproducts.com/Outlets_To_Go_300_Travel_Kit

Well, I realize I am an exception to the rule of females. I have naturally curly hair so the hair dryer and a brush works well for me when traveling. I like to travel light anyway so I never take a curling iron or rollers with me. So no problem for me! :D
I was on the Crown last April and my sister brought a curling iron, and no problem at all. In fact she left it in plain view on her nightstand the whole cruise, which is a separate issue, as I like everything put away!