Change free promo without re-booking?

welove2cruise*

Does NCL allow you to change your promo to a different choice that was offered at the time of your original booking without repricing at the current rate?

I thought I read on here that others mentioned they could do that but had a friend try to change hers and they said it wasn't possible so I am trying to get some more info.

Thanks

It would help if you gave at least some details about your friend's booking. But NCL (or her TA) are the only ones who have access to all the details, and the only ones whose answer actually counts for anything. But she can always ask again and try for a different answer.

I've had it done by my TA on three cruises. Two of them were still at the same price, no problem. However, one of them had increased a few dollars PP and I had to pay the difference for that one. It still was to my advantage though.

Ok, good to know. The agent ended up getting back in touch with my friend and apologized as she was misunderstanding initially the request. She did swap her promo out for her.

I guess with the hurricane causing so much commotion the agent was overloaded today.

So, the answer is "Yes" you can switch to an offer that was included at the time of booking (I would guess before final payment at least).

Ok, good to know. The agent ended up getting back in touch with my friend and apologized as she was misunderstanding initially the request. She did swap her promo out for her.

I guess with the hurricane causing so much commotion the agent was overloaded today.

So, the answer is "Yes" you can switch to an offer that was included at the time of booking (I would guess before final payment at least).

Actually, mine were swaps to offers that were not originally available.

I've had it done by my TA on three cruises. Two of them were still at the same price, no problem. However, one of them had increased a few dollars PP and I had to pay the difference for that one. It still was to my advantage though.

I would bet that you were re-booked, With same confirmation number. I recently changed cabins and the PCC told me he had to cancel me and rebook, all my money stayed righted where it was, but it was considered to them a re-book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does NCL allow you to change your promo to a different choice that was offered at the time of your original booking without repricing at the current rate?

I thought I read on here that others mentioned they could do that but had a friend try to change hers and they said it wasn't possible so I am trying to get some more info.

Thanks

The answer is that it all depends. IF the promo that you want was available at the time of your original booking they will allow you to make the change. If the promos have changed, or you want one that didn't exist they are going to reprice the cruise.