Best Day Resort - So. Caribbean Ports

brightfeather

Hello,

I'm hoping for some great input on these stops:

Bridgetown, Barbados

St. Johns, Antigua

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Phillipsburg, St. Maarten

I know it's somewhat subjective, but it's a start. I'm open to the nice quiet places as well as the fun noisy ones. :-)

Thank you!

~~ Diane

Hello,

I'm hoping for some great input on these stops:

Bridgetown, Barbados

St. Johns, Antigua

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Phillipsburg, St. Maarten

I know it's somewhat subjective, but it's a start. I'm open to the nice quiet places as well as the fun noisy ones. :-)

Thank you!

~~ Diane

Also try the Ports of Call forums:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

I've tried resort4aday. They don't have properties in Bonaire or Aruba (which surprised me !). I wasn't real happy with the 1 and only resort4aday property I booked in the past anyway...but I would have given it 1 more try. Alas...

Re: Tripadvisor, I do use that site, but I found it too hard to look for an all-inclusive resort day pass. I found plenty of properties for land cruises but not for 1 day passes. Maybe there is a filter that I need to use or something...I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have already posted on both Aruba and Bonaire threads so hopefully I will get some feedback from them.

I've tried resort4aday. They don't have properties in Bonaire or Aruba (which surprised me !). I wasn't real happy with the 1 and only resort4aday property I booked in the past anyway...but I would have given it 1 more try. Alas...

Re: Tripadvisor, I do use that site, but I found it too hard to look for an all-inclusive resort day pass. I found plenty of properties for land cruises but not for 1 day passes. Maybe there is a filter that I need to use or something...I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have already posted on both Aruba and Bonaire threads so hopefully I will get some feedback from them.

You are absolutely correct. To find out: there are two options. You can either email the hotel and ask, but I just look for reviews that say: "we were on a cruise and spent the day at.....fill in the blank" Then you know they have day passes. :)

I always start with Tripadvisor. I pick the top three locations, read all the reviews and do a little research.

Hi Champagne123,

Yup, I'm familiar with all the regular sites online but am hoping to get some of suggestions from our CruiseCritic people with some recent experiences. I'm sure I'll check out other sources, but I really value opinions here as well.

Diane

Hi Champagne123,

Yup, I'm familiar with all the regular sites online but am hoping to get some of suggestions from our CruiseCritic people with some recent experiences. I'm sure I'll check out other sources, but I really value opinions here as well.

Diane

:):):) Some great people here with great advice and experiences!!!

We went to the Occidental in Aruba twice and loved it both times. They are an all inclusive so you can eat and drink as much as you want. We bought a day pass from caribbeandaypass.com. We have used them more than once and had no problem with them. You have to take your own taxi to the resort.

We went to the Occidental in Aruba twice and loved it both times. They are an all inclusive so you can eat and drink as much as you want. We bought a day pass from caribbeandaypass.com. We have used them more than once and had no problem with them. You have to take your own taxi to the resort.

Thanks for the info! I don't need them right now, but I have checked our the site and bookmarked it for future reference. :D