Civitavecchia restaurants close to hotel

zebra

Have you stayed at San Giorgio Hotel in Civitavecchia? And been able to walk to dinner? I would love to hear about restaurant options in the area. Not too expensive - Mediterranean, Pasta/Pizza is fine. Thanks.

We stayed at that hotel and there are plenty of restaurants really close. But the one we ate at one night was ok but not memorable. And we ate at the hotel on the Sunday night. I am sorry to say that it was the worst meal we had in more than two weeks in Italy.

I think they are overdependent on people staying a night or two in Civi and not returning. Someone may be able to recommend somewhere where more locals eat.

We stayed at that hotel and there are plenty of restaurants really close. But the one we ate at one night was ok but not memorable. And we ate at the hotel on the Sunday night. I am sorry to say that it was the worst meal we had in more than two weeks in Italy.

I think they are overdependent on people staying a night or two in Civi and not returning. Someone may be able to recommend somewhere where more locals eat.

That's what worried me. Yes that's what we want is a non-touristy restaurant. We always go up the side roads and back alleys to find where the locals eat. Hopefully someone will respond with a name of a good restaurant. Thanks anyhow.

That's what worried me. Yes that's what we want is a non-touristy restaurant. We always go up the side roads and back alleys to find where the locals eat. Hopefully someone will respond with a name of a good restaurant. Thanks anyhow.

We just ate at PaneAmore & fantasea, and had a really good meal. It was a five minute walk from our B&B, Casa sul Mare, and we were about the only tourists there that I could see. The menu is in Italian, but the waiters can explain in English if needed. The address is Via Carlo Calisse 20. It wasn't cheap, but it was very good.

Trip Advisor doesn't tell me what is walking distance to my hotel.

Yes it does. If you find the review page for your hotel on Trip Advisor. Click on the map which says 'browse nearby' (on the right hand side of the page). Your hotel will be marked and you can then choose 'also show' restaurants and zoom in as far as you want. By hovering over each purple dot (i.e. restaurant) you can see the Trip Advisor rating/price indication and click on the dot to see a full review.

To be fair Civitavecchia is not that big so, unless you only want to walk less than 50 yards there are many restaurants to choose from and reviews from a far wider range of people than the limited number you will get on here.

Edited by Bobal

Have you stayed at San Giorgio Hotel in Civitavecchia? And been able to walk to dinner? I would love to hear about restaurant options in the area. Not too expensive - Mediterranean, Pasta/Pizza is fine. Thanks.

Hi,

I am also interested in the answers or suggestions that you might get ...... I have a reservation at that hotel and also will be looking for restaurant options close to the hotel.

So far I found this map very helpful ...... and some of the reviews will help in choosing the restaurant. I think pizza in the Pizzeria Del Ghetto might be our choice.

Close to San Giorgio and good reviews.

I found the link provided by Bobal very usuful. Also the link below is helpful for me.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g194743-d2294307-Reviews-Pizzeria_Del_Ghetto-Civitavecchia_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pizzeria+Del+Ghetto/@42.0896524,11.7947186,316m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x1d7d03b043756c27!8m2!3d42.0907533!4d11.794017!9m1!1b1

Edited by wieslaw

Hi,

I am also interested in the answers or suggestions that you might get ...... I have a reservation at that hotel and also will be looking for restaurant options close to the hotel.

So far I found this map very helpful ...... and some of the reviews will help in choosing the restaurant. I think pizza in the Pizzeria Del Ghetto might be our choice.

Close to San Giorgio and good reviews.

I found the link provided by Bobal very usuful. Also the link below is helpful for me.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g194743-d2294307-Reviews-Pizzeria_Del_Ghetto-Civitavecchia_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pizzeria+Del+Ghetto/@42.0896524,11.7947186,316m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x1d7d03b043756c27!8m2!3d42.0907533!4d11.794017!9m1!1b1

Thanks so much for this useful post. Sounds like Pizzeria Del Ghetto is a great choice and close to the hotel. Excellent!

...... Sounds like Pizzeria Del Ghetto is a great choice and close to the hotel. Excellent!

Hi,

I know that you will be there soon (your cruise is just around the corner) so please when you get back let 'us' know what restaurant you picked and how was it.

There are plenty of expensive restaurants in Europe. As originally posted we are looking for something not too expensive and walking distance from Hotel San Giorgio.[/quote

Da Baffone, about a 5 min walk from your hotel, when you exit turn right. They have everything from pizza to seafood.

There are plenty of expensive restaurants in Europe. As originally posted we are looking for something not too expensive and walking distance from Hotel San Giorgio.

Not too expensive is relative. We paid €100 for a fabulous meal. By standards in Le Marche, where we live, this is kind of expensive. By Rome/Paris/London standards, it's not at all. They had a small menu, and the food was fresh and well-prepared.

For a delicious-but-not-expensive meal by any standards, Pizzeria del Ghetto sounds just the ticket.

Anyone know of restaurants in the general vicinity of Hotel Traiano in Civitavecchia?

Hi,

I have not been there yet .... but I am looking at the maps ( getting ready for our visit there next year).

If you look at the map ( link below) it shows a lot of restaurants and 3 are not far from your hotel. I do not know when the map was updated, so there maybe more restaurants that are not listed on this map. Click on the: " also show" and choose " restaurants".

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194743-d565780-Reviews-Hotel_Traiano-Civitavecchia_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html#MAPVIEW

Edited by wieslaw

We just returned from the Silhouette in Civitavecchia and had a wonderful treat at Pizzeria del Ghetto. I even took the time to write a review about it. We stumbled across it by accident, weary and ready to go to bed, but desperately needing something to eat :-) We were staying not far from your hotel and it was a nice and safe neighborhood to walk through. Half a pizza was more than enough for us and with the bottle of water included costed us not more than € 11. Best pizza ever! Enjoy :-)

https://www.tripadvisor.nl/ShowUserReviews-g194743-d2294307-r426719280-Pizzeria_Del_Ghetto-Civitavecchia_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html#REVIEWS

Thumbs up for Alta Marea, a family-run seafood restaurant about a quarter mile south of the San Giorgio. About 20 of us gathered there for dinner before a Reflection transatlantic last year. No complaints.

...... Best pizza ever! Enjoy :-)/QUOTE]

Hi,

thank you for the review / comments ....... I /we are already settled on going to this restaurant when we get to Civitavecchis ( there will be 8 of us and everyone likes pizza) and your review is very helpful.

Have a question for you: is tipping practiced and accepted in restaurants in Italy ? I know there is an old saying : "When in Rome do as the Romans do".

At some restaurants service will be added to the check. Sometimes even different costs like couvert ("coperto"). Although illegal in some parts of Italy, it does happen.

At Pizzeria del Ghetto you'll find just big pick nick tables outside. So it is up to your own discretion if you tip or not. We will always round up the bill whenever the service was good and if it is not specified on the check.Up to 10% is okay. Everything over would be overdoing it. Or exceptional service ;-)

Anyone know of restaurants in the general vicinity of Hotel Traiano in Civitavecchia?

When we stayed at the Traiano a few years ago they recommended a very good restaurant which was fairly close by. Sorry but I can't remember the name of it, but I am sure they will be able to give you some good recommendations.

• 6 months later...
Thanks so much for this useful post. Sounds like Pizzeria Del Ghetto is a great choice and close to the hotel. Excellent!

Hi zebra,

where did you end up going for your diner ? Was it the Pizzeria Del Ghett0 ?

How was the hotel ?

We are getting closer to our july cruise ..... any recommendations/ pointers for us ?

Thank you.