Need Help from Cruising CANADIANS please

Ykgorbie

Wondering if anyone can recommend any insurance companies / websites from which to purchase insurance for Canadians that covers evacuation from a cruise ship. Upon checking the policy from my group plan insurance through work, I see that emergency medical evacuation is not covered. If something happened, I do not have $75,000.00 to donate to this. I'm certainly not expecting anything to happen on our upcoming cruise, but I want the proper coverage all the same - stuff happens. Thanks in advance...

We are in BC. We have purchased TravelGuard insurance when we cruised before. We got it through our travel agent and it covers everything from the minute you leave your house until you return.

Also, through our Credit Union Insurance company, we are looking at "Tugo" for our upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise in February, which seems quite reasonable and would also cover Medivac.

I check insuremytrip.ca' date=' bcaa and RBC - this time BCAA had best rates and I went with them.[/quote']

Thanks. Unfortunately, BCAA requires at least one of the people live in BC; I checked RBC's fine print and it does NOT :eek: include medical evac coverage from a cruise ship (sadly, I have purchased it before believing it did); and it seems every time I try to get an online quote - possiblt because I am so far north in Canada (?) - it says there is no coverage for my area.

We have used Travelguard several times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks ! I ended up purchasing a "Gold Emergency Medical Plan" for us through Travelguard. For hubby and myself, $124.00. BUT just fyi, I was reading the small print and if you have an emergency medical situation and your blood alcohol level is over .08, DENIED. So, I guess that would mean, hope you don't have any emergency issues after consuming 2 beer. YIKES

Are you just looking for medical ins?

We buy trip cancellation/interuption ins through RSA of course it will be more expensive but we have had to claim twice & they did pay up

Check insuremytrip dot ca read the fine print

also check snowbirds dot org site for other info