Review: 5 Night Bermuda on Anthem.

Moltar

Wonderland

DSC_0641_zpsqczaikkh.jpg

I lied. This was our favorite restaurant of the trip. If you are into molecular gastronomy, this is for you. This was the highlight of the cruise for me.

Everything we had was great and the menu is even unique in that there are no apps if you will, they just pour it on and if you want more or something else, just ask.

We didn't try the whole menu but a good amount but left some more for our next cruise in February. I can not wait to get back to this restaurant!

Baby Vegetables In The Garden.

DSC_0650_zpsmi0bj1yg.jpg

Liquid Manzanilla Olive & Truffled Egg In The Shell

DSC_0652_zpsjxliratf.jpg

Oceanic Citrus

DSC_0656_zpsyhhklhsg.jpg

Duck Liver Fritter

DSC_0651_zpsauoukxgw.jpg

Crispy Crab Cones

DSC_0649_zpssm3lejst.jpg

More From Wonderland Coming Soon.

Edited by Moltar

Wonderland Continued

Terroir Beef

DSC_0663_zpstw8osfwf.jpg

Cuban Pork Shank

DSC_0659_zps1nlimkik.jpg

Not pictured but also ate: Liquid Lobster, Buffalo Chicken Eggs, Crispy Tempura Kim-chee Leaves. Every dish was outstanding and unique. I loved every taste and texture.

On to dessert.

Baked Alaska.

DSC_0675_zpsjanrsg2x.jpg

Key Lime Lollipops.

DSC_0676_zpsvhhnkrg5.jpg

Not pictured but also had the Cheesecake. Again, all of them absolutely delicious. I can't wait to eat here again.

After dinner we went to watch Spectra's Cabaret at 9. I liked it overall, my wife really liked it.

I really loved when the screens were part of the show and the circus olay type stuff.

Took some shots of the ship and called it a night.

Stay Tuned for the Final Thoughts & 10 minute video of the cruise

Edited by Moltar

Check-In: I like to board with our room ready. We have a 2 1/2 year old. With that said, when we arrived around 12:40 or so there were a decent amount of people boarding and what not by then. It looked disorganized like I mentioned. If you came in earlier you didn't see that and it was smooth as a whistle for ya. No big issue overall, only took 10 minutes or so to check in. We packed everything in 3 book bags and 2 carry ons so we didn't have to check in luggage.

Cabin: Best standard balcony cabin to date. Bathroom felt more spacious as well as the shower. Loved that the refrigerator was empty and up to you with what you want in it. Pullout sofa is rock hard. I was most impressed with the new bathroom scheme that's for sure.

Food: Windjammer was one of the best WJ's of all my cruises. Good selection, good food. The best lunch I had onboard was at The Grande on a sea day heading home, Crispy Pork Belly and a Caprese Salad. Had a few hot dogs at Seaplex at the Hot Dog truck and they were good, only stuck with the Coney Island dogs, but they had quite a few different selections of sausages and dogs to choose from. Great addition and it's free! Johny Rockets is good as usual, I got the burger(any kind) fries drink combo for 5 bucks. I must say, this cruise I thought the food wasn't up to par of all my previous cruises for dinner in the complimentary restaurants. All 4 complimentary restaurants were good. No complaints and ate the whole plate, but, I did notice the meals just weren't as good as previous cruises at dinner. Jamie's & Wonderland I cannot wait to get back to. Top notch food. Have yet to try the Solarium Bistro, Michaels Pub, La Patisserie, Izumi. Can't wait to eat anywhere on that ship really, specialty or not.

Entertainment: The BEST yet. The entertainment exceeded my expectations without a doubt. Spectra maybe was a little disappointing but still had some really cool parts. We Will Rock You was top notch. 270 is OUT OF THIS WORLD. You have to go to relax and checkout when those windows turn to displays. Beautiful. Really annoyed that they stop the displays at midnight.

Pools: Excellent pools in my opinion, especially leaving from NJ. Even when this ship is leaving in cold weather you still have the indoor pool and solarium to get your feet wet. I would love to cruise out on Anthem while it is snowing and get front row seats cozed up in the Solarium as it snows. Can you imagine? When the weather is beautiful, now you have the kids pool area open and the outdoor pool. So many places to swim. Great ship for any weather.

Activities: Excellent. Seaplex is such a great idea as well as the seapods with Xbox, ping pong, and air hockey. Circus training, Basketball, roller-skating, bumper cars all in the seaplex and I'm sure they have a few more activities in there I don't know about yet.

Flow-Rider, Rock Climbing, iFLY, North Star, Challengers Arcade - All really good.

Adventure Ocean is great. We primarily used the open play room which our little guy had a blast in. They have tons of things to do in there. They just keep getting better with every new ship.

Staff: Not as friendly as previous cruises. Nothing memorable about anyone. at all.

Ship Overall: Loved it. Can;t wait to sail her again in February. 8/10 Stars.

I know I forgot to review something. I have all 5 daily compasses scanned if you are interested. Video will be up in the morning to end this review. :)

Any questions?

Tune in tomorrow for the short video of this 5 Night Bermuda Cruise....

Edited by Moltar

Thanks for the review.

We just got back Saturday from Bermuda as well. We were on the Sunshine.

We decided to book the Anthem back next September, so it was nice to see some photos of the ship, and read your thoughts. Thanks!

Awesome review, you made it feel like we were sailing with you guys and "the boss"!! Thank you for all the pictures, we are supposed to leave Saturday on Anthem so it was nice to see all the venues and the dailies in your other post. Thanks again and well done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do you get your video to show up like that in the review?

I can't figure it out and only get the link to appear.....??

Great review! It's nice to see a review on the same cruise.

I definitely agreed on taking this ship in the winter (so many indoor spaces for the colder days until you reach the Caribbean islands!)

I think I would like to do a T Day or Xmas cruise on this ship!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You have a slightly

different perspective for your pictures - makes them interesting and unique.

Also very much enjoyed your video - hope I have as good a time on Anthem

in December.

You have a lovely family. Thanks again.

Donna in NJ

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You have a slightly

different perspective for your pictures - makes them interesting and unique.

Also very much enjoyed your video - hope I have as good a time on Anthem

in December.

You have a lovely family. Thanks again.

Donna in NJ

Thank you so much, Donna. I am a photographer and that means a lot to me that you noticed different angles and perspectives. You could have the worst camera in the world and still take the best shot in the world it's all about the angle and perspective. Thanks again so much to everyone who read and followed

Edited by Moltar

Thank you so much, Donna. I am a photographer and that means a lot to me that you noticed different angles and perspectives. You could have the worst camera in the world and still take the best shot in the world it's all about the angle and perspective. Thanks again so much to everyone who read and followed

I enjoyed your pictures and review. What type of camera and lens do you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Edited by JimAOk1945

Moltar -- excellent review, enjoyed reading through it and loved your great pics. I have been considering the 5-night on Anthem - looks like it is definitely worth serious consideration.:)

Thank you taking the time to write and post it as well as your other post for the cruise compasses.

• 6 months later...
We just got back yesterday from a beautiful 5 night cruise on Anthem of the Seas. Me, wife and 2 1/2 year old. This was our first time on a Quantum class.

Overall, I highly approve of the design, layout, activities, dining for the most part, etc.

Table of Contents:

Review & Pics

10 minute video of trip

Day 1.

We live about 45 minutes away from Cape Liberty so we left for the port at 11:45 and were checked in and on the ship by 1pm with our room ready. I didn't like the check-in in process.

Not because it took long but rather looked disorganized. There were lets say 10-15 RC Reps holding an Ipad spotted at odd and random locations. Some outside, some inside.

What that created was these multiple little pods of disorganized lines on who was next to speak to the Rep and check-in. I prefer the check-in process you do in Florida ports. No confusion.

We found a rep with small group around her and checked in with her. Some pods had 15 or more huddled around waiting. Again, thought it looked very disorganized.

Also a first, no SeaPass card at check-in, you hold onto your SetSail Pass to board and make any purchases like drink packages and such with it.

Since we got onboard shortly after 1pm our room was ready so we headed there first. Wedged into our room number sign was a cardboard envelope containing our SeaPass cards.

We had a balcony room on the 11th floor, 11700.

DSC_0166_zpsgbs2zpe4.jpg

DSC_0163_zps0fc97fbl.jpg

DSC_0002_zps59ax3eqr.jpg

We were very happy with the room and especially the bathroom. Nice improvement on the bathroom design. Felt more spacious, especially the actual shower.

I didn't take a picture of that. Another first, the refrigerator is not pre-loaded with drinks. There is a check-off menu on the dresser.

You then checkoff what soft drinks you would like delivered to your room to have in your fridge, if any and hang it outside your door.

DSC_0016_zps1fpzupqc.jpg

DSC_0570_zpslzx2m2wh.jpg

After a nice lunch at the Windjammer we went back to the room and headed down to Two70 where our muster station was. Ya know the drill.

After the muster, we sat and hung out to let the rush of people go and die down. Good thing. They played 2, 10-15 minute shows on those moving screens. Very cool.

Stay tuned for more.

Your photos are not showing up, and the link to your album is not working. Can you fix? Interested to see.

Just saw this great review. As you can see, we are going on the 9-day Anthem in August. Thank you for posting this.

Your video review is really outstanding! Loved the videos. The Black Eyed Peas selection is my most favorite cruise music. Your ship pictures are really great, too.

Check-In: I like to board with our room ready. We have a 2 1/2 year old. With that said, when we arrived around 12:40 or so there were a decent amount of people boarding and what not by then. It looked disorganized like I mentioned. If you came in earlier you didn't see that and it was smooth as a whistle for ya. No big issue overall, only took 10 minutes or so to check in. We packed everything in 3 book bags and 2 carry ons so we didn't have to check in luggage.

Cabin: Best standard balcony cabin to date. Bathroom felt more spacious as well as the shower. Loved that the refrigerator was empty and up to you with what you want in it. Pullout sofa is rock hard. I was most impressed with the new bathroom scheme that's for sure.

Food: Windjammer was one of the best WJ's of all my cruises. Good selection, good food. The best lunch I had onboard was at The Grande on a sea day heading home, Crispy Pork Belly and a Caprese Salad. Had a few hot dogs at Seaplex at the Hot Dog truck and they were good, only stuck with the Coney Island dogs, but they had quite a few different selections of sausages and dogs to choose from. Great addition and it's free! Johny Rockets is good as usual, I got the burger(any kind) fries drink combo for 5 bucks. I must say, this cruise I thought the food wasn't up to par of all my previous cruises for dinner in the complimentary restaurants. All 4 complimentary restaurants were good. No complaints and ate the whole plate, but, I did notice the meals just weren't as good as previous cruises at dinner. Jamie's & Wonderland I cannot wait to get back to. Top notch food. Have yet to try the Solarium Bistro, Michaels Pub, La Patisserie, Izumi. Can't wait to eat anywhere on that ship really, specialty or not.

Entertainment: The BEST yet. The entertainment exceeded my expectations without a doubt. Spectra maybe was a little disappointing but still had some really cool parts. We Will Rock You was top notch. 270 is OUT OF THIS WORLD. You have to go to relax and checkout when those windows turn to displays. Beautiful. Really annoyed that they stop the displays at midnight.

Pools: Excellent pools in my opinion, especially leaving from NJ. Even when this ship is leaving in cold weather you still have the indoor pool and solarium to get your feet wet. I would love to cruise out on Anthem while it is snowing and get front row seats cozed up in the Solarium as it snows. Can you imagine? When the weather is beautiful, now you have the kids pool area open and the outdoor pool. So many places to swim. Great ship for any weather.

Activities: Excellent. Seaplex is such a great idea as well as the seapods with Xbox, ping pong, and air hockey. Circus training, Basketball, roller-skating, bumper cars all in the seaplex and I'm sure they have a few more activities in there I don't know about yet.

Flow-Rider, Rock Climbing, iFLY, North Star, Challengers Arcade - All really good.

Adventure Ocean is great. We primarily used the open play room which our little guy had a blast in. They have tons of things to do in there. They just keep getting better with every new ship.

Staff: Not as friendly as previous cruises. Nothing memorable about anyone. at all.

Ship Overall: Loved it. Can;t wait to sail her again in February. 8/10 Stars.

I know I forgot to review something. I have all 5 daily compasses scanned if you are interested. Video will be up in the morning to end this review. :)

Any questions?

Tune in tomorrow for the short video of this 5 Night Bermuda Cruise....

Did you post the 5 daily compasses? If not could you? It would be much appreciated.