Oceanliner menu and RS question

FeelingCruisy

We looked at the menu and it seems there's only 2 items fo dessert (on celebrity website). Is this true?

Is the menu on the website pretty much accurately reflected in the real thing on the ship?

Dos the menu change at all?

We're in the RS on the Connie. Do we really need to make any reservations for the Luminae or is that generally just a walk in and be seated?

Thanks all you lovelies.

The menus is the specialties do not change or rotate like the other dining rooms. For Luminae, it is much like Blu - you can get a standard reservation if you'd like, or you can just show up when you are ready. We have done both (on different ships) and never had a problem!

Enjoy!

Constellation already had Tuscan Grille.

Assuming the restaurant is still there, the two desserts listed under the Five Senses menu should also be options. The Grand Marnier Souffle is my favorite.

Edited by Gonzo70

We looked at the menu and it seems there's only 2 items fo dessert (on celebrity website). Is this true?

Is the menu on the website pretty much accurately reflected in the real thing on the ship?

Dos the menu change at all?

We're in the RS on the Connie. Do we really need to make any reservations for the Luminae or is that generally just a walk in and be seated?

Thanks all you lovelies.

We were just in a RS on the Equinox and both the Luminae and Blu were open dining, no reservation needed.

I think Ocean Liners is toast. They took all the good specialty restaurants and turned them into Tuscan Grills. Don't care for Tuscan; loved Ocean Liners.

Ocean Liners was supposed to be converted on the Connie, but I have heard recently, she’s there to stay for a while.

Although I have not heard of any changes to the OL menu, the Tuscan Grille menu has changed and not for the better. Much less vegetarian options and now “pizza”? I’m not sure who would want to pay that kind of surcharge for a pizza - LOL

Heather

I think Ocean Liners is toast. They took all the good specialty restaurants and turned them into Tuscan Grills. Don't care for Tuscan; loved Ocean Liners.

There are more than the two desserts, I can think of at leas three from memory, the crepe, and the two soufflés.

As has been stated, with Connie already having Tuscan Grill, Ocean liners will probably be around for a while. Of course, the menu lives on in Murano, for now, but sheesh, could that menu use some updating?

Luminae is easy going, show and eat, we've never made a reservation, some cruises we've been told you can't, some you can, they may ask when to expect you the next night.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There are more than the two desserts, I can think of at leas three from memory, the crepe, and the two soufflés.

As has been stated, with Connie already having Tuscan Grill, Ocean liners will probably be around for a while. Of course, the menu lives on in Murano, for now, but sheesh, could that menu use some updating?

Luminae is easy going, show and eat, we've never made a reservation, some cruises we've been told you can't, some you can, they may ask when to expect you the next night.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Agree with everything Jenna has said. Luminae we tend to give an 'ish' time to if we plan on dining there 7.30ish, then we will arrive fitting in with drinks and conversations in Michael's Club. Never had to wait, although occasionally we did see a few couples waiting as they specifically wanted window seats.

As Jenna said I can remember two wonderful soufflés and that wonderful 'ballon rouge' in both Olympic and Normandie before their demise...

It would be nice to have a few new menu items but on recent cruises, where we have dined several times in Murano's they have made us 'off menu' items. These have been longer cruises and as I say we have been 'regulars'. We will miss the Olympic when we cruise on Millie next year and hope Tuscan will be up to scratch as we see Q'sine as a leisure fun event rather than a real dining experience.

Ocean Liners had more than 2 desserts on Connie in August. I can't remember what they were, but the crepe was fabulous :). We had a super family dinner in OL and even the teens said it was their best meal on any cruise ;). We were told the restaurant was staying at present, but unsure if anything is planned for when she goes into dry dock next spring?