Norwegian SKY

capitalbarry

Ok,

Looking for info on the status of the islands on the itinerary that Norwegian Sky is doin???? Has anybody been on this sailing since hurricane Mathew went through?? Understand lots of damage to the Bahamas..., :-(Norwegian is not saying ANYTHING... I hope everyone in the Bahamas came out ok.......

Info on, Nassau, Freeport ,Great Stirrup Cay.

Thanks

Ok,

Looking for info on the status of the islands on the itinerary that Norwegian Sky is doin???? Has anybody been on this sailing since hurricane Mathew went through?? Understand lots of damage to the Bahamas..., :-(Norwegian is not saying ANYTHING... I hope everyone in the Bahamas came out ok.......

Thanks

NCL is NOT a new source for the Bahamas. You should not expect them to be reporting on the Bahamas.

NCL has said that the current 3-day Sky will make no port calls. 3 days at sea.

NCL has said that the 4-day Sky leaving Monday will call at Key West and Cozumel.

NCL has said that the Escape did not call at Nassau last Friday, and spent the day at sea instead.

GSC was closed prior to the hurricane for renovation. Since it is my assumption (not backed by any facts), that the construction workers would not shelter on the island during the hurricane, they would have had to secure the construction site a few days in advance, evacuate back to one of the larger islands, and then return to GSC when it was safe to travel out of their port and back to the island.

Edited by BirdTravels

Ok,

Thanks

Your cruise in December "should" be fine, lots of time to get things back in working order. It's a great getaway from the cold, though so far we've been lucky! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bird Watcher may I ask where you got your information that the cruise leaving Monday has changed itinerary? I have not been able to find any information that it has changed?

Hmmmm,,,, my apology for mis-information. I had been following the changes, and I thought that they had posted that information on their website on Thursday. Not there now. And it may have been a reposting of the information on the 10/3 voyage (vs. 10/10 voyage).

Hmmmm,,,, my apology for mis-information. I had been following the changes, and I thought that they had posted that information on their website on Thursday. Not there now. And it may have been a reposting of the information on the 10/3 voyage (vs. 10/10 voyage).

No worries. I am traveling on the Sky leaving tomorrow and I have friends that have family that live in Nassau and they said the damage is pretty bad and will take a couple of weeks to clean up so I have been hoping they would change our course.

My understanding is that Nassau is taking ships but Freeport isn't. I just saw this and it was helpful to see the damage in Freeport

http://www.thebahamasweekly.com/publish/grand-bahama-bahamas/Hurricane_Matthew_aftermath_photos_of_Grand_Bahama50721.shtml

Im traveling on the sky this Friday and then again next month.

My understanding is that Nassau is taking ships but Freeport isn't. I just saw this and it was helpful to see the damage in Freeport

http://www.thebahamasweekly.com/publish/grand-bahama-bahamas/Hurricane_Matthew_aftermath_photos_of_Grand_Bahama50721.shtml

Oh man....This makes me so sad but I'm relieved there was no loss of life.