Carrying on wine - not liquor

Happy ks

I just read a thread on Celebrity board regarding carrying on your own wine. It seems as though it is allowed. Last year we carried 6 bottles onto a Celebrity ship and had no problems with it at all.

I have taken bottles of wine onboard an RCI ship before, but it has been a couple of years. Are they confiscating wine at embarkation now or are they still allowing it?

I'd like to know, we have an upcoming weekend cruise and I'd like to bring a nice bottle of champagne and wine with us. We don't mind at all paying the corkage fee in the dining room.

I know the policy on liquor, so I'm not asking about that, thanks anyway!

There should be absolutely no problem - I think there is a 2 bottle per person limit - although you could pack some securely wrapped in bubble wrap and a large ziplock bag in your checked luggage. We once bought some at port and carried it back on - had no intention of drinking it until we got home, but no one said a word.

Our friends carried on some wine after one of our port stops in January on the Explorer and they had to turn in their wine when they boarded the ship. They got it back on the last night of the cruise.

They were making no exceptions...things may have changed or maybe some ships are more relaxed than others.

We just returned for the Sovereign. We packed some bottles (bubble wrapped in zip lock) in checked luggage and brought one in the carryon. No problem. Corkage is hit and miss in the dining room. We will gladly pay – but sometimes we are not charged. If we are not charged we add extra tips to the servers.

We take wine on every cruise.

Cheers

Marci

I sailed on the Majesty of the Sea last April. I went with a group. We stayed in Miami the night before the ship left and bought wine/liquor there. i packed it in my checked luggage and it was still in my bag when I got to my room. We left the bottles out and drank it in our room, no one ever said anything or took it. What I did was wrapped it in bubble wrap and put in in a black trash bag in between my clothes, NO spills thank God, black bag came in handy!!!!

Archived