Questions from first-time cruisers on Sirena

tiller

My mom and I will be on Sirena in about 2 months, and we have a few questions. Any info is really appreciated.

1. Is the only choice in the MDR at lunch the Jacques Pepin menu?

2. What kind of sandwiches do they have at Baristas in the afternoon? Do they have anything else you can make a late lunch out of if you have an excursion that gets back mid-afternoon?

3. Can you order at Waves and have your order brought to the Terrace? From the deck plan, there doesn't appear to be much seating in Waves.

4. Is there a list of the non-alcoholic drinks you can have put in your minibar? Can we do it before the cruise, if we're in a veranda cabin?

5. What boutiques do they have on Sirena?

Thanks!

Hi Tiller,

I'm also a newbie on Oceania. Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd ask a few questions, too . I hope you don't mind. :o

For those of you sailing on Sirena now, are there DVD Players in your stateroom? And, if so, do they work? Also, what size TV do you have? Thanks! (I'm Inside) :D

"Yes, yes and the width of the diagonal cabinet!

However the TV is apparently ex Princess and the remote doesn't work completely with it - the only way to access anything above channel 12 is to enter 12 and then go up and up. We were told brusquely that nothing will be done about it.

Going back to the DVD it's not easy to work out how to get the input into the TV."

Post #2 was asked on another thread and this was the reply. A bit different to the reply here.

I rest my case.

My mom and I will be on Sirena in about 2 months, and we have a few questions. Any info is really appreciated.

2. What kind of sandwiches do they have at Baristas in the afternoon? Do they have anything else you can make a late lunch out of if you have an excursion that gets back mid-afternoon?

3. Can you order at Waves and have your order brought to the Terrace? From the deck plan, there doesn't appear to be much seating in Waves.

4. Is there a list of the non-alcoholic drinks you can have put in your minibar? Can we do it before the cruise, if we're in a veranda cabin?

Thanks!

We just got off Sirena and loved it. Great food and the nicest crew.

Jacques bistro has a huge lunch menu. There were six or seven Jacques entrees including peppercorn steak (sirloin at lunch instead of filet), double cut pork chop, herb chicken, fish. There were several sandwiches and a separate list of daily specials, non Jacques entrees. One time I noticed the specials included the entree from the buffet. . Appetizers, salads, soups were plentiful and varied.

We were there three times on a port intensive cruise and enjoyed it very much. We normally eat very little for lunch so it was a splurge. We heard no complaints.

You definitely can order in Waves and they will deliver to your table in the Terrace. Find your table before your order so they can find you. . Seating in Waved is adequate most of the time but it is a very busy venue.

You can preorder non alcoholic beverages before you sail. I always get caffeine free diet sofa. Email specialservices@oceaniacruises.com.

Finger sandwiches, pastries, appetizers are available at the daily afternoon tea, I think at 3 o'clock. We don't go to avoid the calories.

I don't know about baristas.

Waves is open until 4pm.

We just got off Sirena and loved it. Great food and the nicest crew.

Jacques bistro has a huge lunch menu. There were six or seven Jacques entrees including peppercorn steak (sirloin at lunch instead of filet), double cut pork chop, herb chicken, fish. There were several sandwiches and a separate list of daily specials, non Jacques entrees. One time I noticed the specials included the entree from the buffet. . Appetizers, salads, soups were plentiful and varied.

We were there three times on a port intensive cruise and enjoyed it very much. We normally eat very little for lunch so it was a splurge. We heard no complaints.

You definitely can order in Waves and they will deliver to your table in the Terrace. Find your table before your order so they can find you. . Seating in Waved is adequate most of the time but it is a very busy venue.

You can preorder non alcoholic beverages before you sail. I always get caffeine free diet sofa. Email specialservices@oceaniacruises.com.

Finger sandwiches, pastries, appetizers are available at the daily afternoon tea, I think at 3 o'clock. We don't go to avoid the calories.

I don't know about baristas.

Waves is open until 4pm.

We will be on Sirena on Oct. 18, along with UAL_FlyGal. Thanks so much for providing such useful information, without "casting aspersions on anyone's asparagus." Those comments were so rude and totally out of line in responding to UAL_FlyGal's question.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

Thanks!

In answer to question #3:

If you find a table at Waves, note the table number when placing your order. If you do not find a free table or choose to eat at the Terrace (air conditioning), you will be given a number that you place on your table and the waiter will find you.

Ask what brand of sodas are available on Oceania. If your choice is one that is offered, you can just inform your cabin attendant about your preferences. If, however, your choice is a less common beverage (like diet Dr. Pepper or Caffeine Free Diet Coke) you will have to pre-order with special services (see e mail above)

Edited by Paulchili

They are small buns with some filling about 1.5" round you would need a lot to make a meal Waves is open until 4pm then Afternoon tea is 4-5 if you are later back then better to order room service

Yes as Paul said just tell them you will be in the Terrace

Thanks!

if the shops are the same as the other R ships (someone may comment )

there is a jewelry store $$ also perfume & lotions/potions

the other shop has clothing/sundries/purses/less expensive jewelry things like that

enjoy

Lyn