Norwegian Bliss

shof515

Will see you on the 5 day Pacific, just booked it. Was a nice surprise when I noticed Bliss would be in my hometown.

Booked this sailing too! What do you think of the "overnight" in Vancouver leaving at 1:30am. I LOLed.

Just booked the TA in a studio and chose the beverage package (of course).

I did look for a while at the Haven Spa suite but damn, I cannot justify almost $10,000 for a 12 night cruise. Hopefully they do the two day from Germany again so I can grab a Haven room and get a look at the whole ship.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

Booked this sailing too! What do you think of the "overnight" in Vancouver leaving at 1:30am. I LOLed.

I think it's because they are waiting for low tide. I'm surprised the Bliss would fit under the Lions Gate bridge at all. The Bliss is 20 decks high and I know some 15 and 16 deck ships that could not fit under the bridge. The only thing I could think of is they are building it with a fold down mast.

Looks like the Forward Bow Facing Oceanview or most of the oceanview Windows for the Bliss on both of the Panama Canal cruises are sold out. That was fast!

I was seeing that on all the Bliss itineraries I checked. I think it's just they are preventing you from booking those with only 2 people rather than them actually being sold out.

I think it's because they are waiting for low tide. I'm surprised the Bliss would fit under the Lions Gate bridge at all. The Bliss is 20 decks high and I know some 15 and 16 deck ships that could not fit under the bridge. The only thing I could think of is they are building it with a fold down mast.

Good point, never thought of that. will be quite a sight going under it.

I remember leaving Lisbon on Epic, under the bridge there was pretty tight, think someone said was within 10 feet clearance.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

We just booked the Bliss for Alaska 9/15/18- too bad it's still 612 days to go....... I saw something that it appeared to have a race track on board like the Joy. Anyone hear that?

It was stated in an article, but then an editorial note was added saying the plans were not finalized. Here's the article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-norwegian-bliss-coming-to-miami-20170114-story.html

Edited by TheDougOut

Based on knowledge or experience from previous away and away+ class ships, which deck would have the largest (aft) balcony for B1 category?

I also see that there are 2 Mini suite w/large balcony cabins (M6) on deck 10 aft, but I can't seem to find availability for these rooms for ANY of the Caribbean sailings- any suggestions?

Booked a solo cabin for the Panama canal from Miami to LA today - May 10 - 25 2018 - was hoping to stay on and come up the coast to either Seattle or Vancouver but my TA couldn't find anything until the first Alaska cruise on June 2 - he's thinks they are doing one Mexican Riviera before heading north - the screw up on the times port times on the web site for the Panama cruise have now be corrected.

I too am curious about whether the ship can get under the Lions Gate Bridge - while it supposedly has a 1:30 AM departure what time would it be arriving.

When I first looked at the web site it didn't have the perks listed but only the $50.00 US deposit - they are now showing it with the perks.

Cheers!

Dennis

Edited by Urban trekker

I was seeing that on all the Bliss itineraries I checked. I think it's just they are preventing you from booking those with only 2 people rather than them actually being sold out.

Hmmm I wonder why. Thanks for the information. Guess i will have to call them to enquire about this.

I just looked at the prices for the Haven Spa Suite and they almost double what they were for Escape when Escape was first announced

Escape - January 2016 - $2249

Bliss - January 2019 - $4249

How can they justify $2000 per person and perks are not as good as they were back in in 2016.

There are only six Spa Suites on Bliss and they are significantly larger than on the other ships. I'd like more info on what the spa will look like - aft facing?

It appears either FDR got a little carried away, or let the cat(or gocart) out of the bag early

An Editor's note was added to the above article

Editor's Note: An earlier version of this story made reference to entertainment features on Norwegian Bliss, but cruise line officials said that those features, the Galaxy Pavilion and race car track, both of which will be on the China-bound Norwegian Joy, are either not going to be on Bliss or are under consideration, but not confirmed.

What was the Galaxy Pavilion? I didn't see the original story.

What was the Galaxy Pavilion? I didn't see the original story.

Something like a virtual reality gameplex - which has been mentioned previously in relation to the Joy.

Edit: from the features on the Joy...

cef3d2525fbb77c12d1a77549b2905cd.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

We are considering cruising Bliss in Alaska 2018, but can't seem to find any information on whether or not Bliss will have the Guppies Nursery that is only on the Escape? I know some folks have said it will be very similar to the Escape and others have said it will be different, so wondering if that feature will carry over to Bliss? Just to be clear, I'm talking about the for-fee drop-in nursery for under 3s, NOT a mommy-and-me type program.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any info!

Looks like a recreational area - hover craft bumper cars?? There is a rendering here of what it is to look like on the Joy.

https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy

I'm really hoping this does happen on this ship and that the info given isn't just because the joy use to be called the bliss first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Somehow, my booking hand went into auto-pilot, and next thing I knew I was booked in a studio for the December 1st 2018 sailing... Bad hand! Down boy!!! Only 689 days to go...

Hi I'm booked for a studio also dec 1st

Started roll call under other cruise lines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk