Carnival Pride - Overnight in Nassau - Not Calling on Freeport

wallygator21015

For us, the best part of cruising is, well CRUISING. We enjoy going to sleep with the sound and feel of the ocean. I would HATE being overnight at Nassau instead of cruising overnight!

I'm sure they are doing it to save fuel. Shame.

How in the world can you be sure of that?

Sent from my iPhone

A friend of mine is currently on the Pride, about to disembark on Sunday am and instead of Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Grand Turk, they went to Halifax and St. John's Canada this past week. Two chilly ports and the rest Sea Days....she didn't seem too impressed.

Not only is staying in Nassau overnight very boring, but it is also very dangerous after sundown! I agree that they could have picked another Port of Call. Miami, Charleston, Key West, Half Moon Cay, I guess Carnival will refund our Port Charges for Freeport?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This. Why not go to HMC for the day? It's Carnival's island!

For us, the best part of cruising is, well CRUISING. We enjoy going to sleep with the sound and feel of the ocean. I would HATE being overnight at Nassau instead of cruising overnight!

I'm sure they are doing it to save fuel. Shame.

You're right. That was my first overnight in port, on the Fantasy in 1990. I'm was quite eerie, exacerbated by the fact we had an inside room. Hated hated hated it.

Yet years later we did overnights in Maui and Oahu, as well as Bermuda, and they didn't bother us at all. But all the Bermuda nights, 9 in total, were in balcony rooms.

This. Why not go to HMC for the day? It's Carnival's island!

The Freeport stop for the Pride has always been a short day to begin with...when we did the itinerary we pulled out to head back to Baltimore by 3pm.

Its a short jog from Nassau to Freeport so easy to get docked by 8am and allow folks a good 6 hours ashore.

To go to HMC is probably a bit longer, but what complicates it is the fact that its a tender port, and there may already be one ship scheduled there (not sure). It takes time to ferry people and food/supplies ashore, and it may not be worth it for the short period of time they would be able to be there. The Freeport stop is easier to accomplish because the ship is docked and no supplies need to come ashore.

The Freeport stop for the Pride has always been a short day to begin with...when we did the itinerary we pulled out to head back to Baltimore by 3pm.

Its a short jog from Nassau to Freeport so easy to get docked by 8am and allow folks a good 6 hours ashore.

To go to HMC is probably a bit longer, but what complicates it is the fact that its a tender port, and there may already be one ship scheduled there (not sure). It takes time to ferry people and food/supplies ashore, and it may not be worth it for the short period of time they would be able to be there. The Freeport stop is easier to accomplish because the ship is docked and no supplies need to come ashore.

Never understood why CCL never developed its own private island or use Princess Cay.

Never understood why CCL never developed its own private island or use Princess Cay.

Half Moon Cay IS theirs...Carnival is the parent corp of Holland America. By that relationship, they own Half Moon Cay and use it regularly along with HAL.

Half Moon Cay IS theirs...Carnival is the parent corp of Holland America. By that relationship, they own Half Moon Cay and use it regularly along with HAL.

HAL has first dibs on the island and CCL plays second fiddle.

Wish CCL had its own private island instead of so many visits to Nassau and Freeport.

Gosh, that stinks. I was hoping that y'all would go to a better port, like Key West or Grand Turkey. But to stay in Nassau overnight is kinda boring.

Im preparing myself for the same disappointment for our cruise on Nov 13

Carnival is doing the best they can with having to juggle ships and compete with other cruise lines for berth space. For our November 6 cruise I'll be glad to go wherever the ship goes.

Weather is going to be Great!!! We are lucky we are going tomorrow. I feel bad for the cruisers that were book the last two prior weeks.

We were on the cruise out of Charleston supposed to board on Saturday when Matthew was hitting our port. We had our cruise cut short 2 days. Had to detour to port Canaveral for fuel. Had a overnight night stay in Nassau, no half moon cay or grand Turk. What I want to say is we were told that money spent on excursions would be put back on the card I used to purchase the excursions. Instead, they put it on our on board account. Not a problem for us but, still incorrectly informed. Otherwise, carnival was awesome, pro rated our trip 2 days, have us $100.00 per person on board credit and our next cruise is 1/2 off! Heck yeah! besides, hang out on serenity deck and just watch Nassau at night, very pretty!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Forums mobile app