Check your pricing We just got an additional $200 on board credit per room

Are those that are getting the price reductions in the U.K., the US, or both?

Also, please advise how to check for current prices. I attempt to do mock bookings, but am unable to price my cabin category (D7 on the Oasis.) Surely those cabins are not sold out 18 months out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just called RCCL to see if we might be in line for the price reduction on our February 4th Grandeur cruise.

To make a long story short, before I called, there wasn't any OBC with our reservation.

The very pleasant and helpful rep said if he revised our existing reservation, the cost would be $30 more in total, BUT, there would also be a $100 OBC that wasn't on our current reservation.

So, we rebooked. It did cost $30 more, but we now have $100 OBC making us technically $70 to the good because the boss will spend that and more whether we had the OBC or not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Are those that are getting the price reductions in the U.K., the US, or both?

Also, please advise how to check for current prices. I attempt to do mock bookings, but am unable to price my cabin category (D7 on the Oasis.)

For the most comprehensive cabin inventory use the RCI UK web site.

Cruisers booked under UK rules typically don't get price drops but some have reported exceptions. Use any online TA to check prices, typically easier than using the RCI site itself.

Use any online TA to check prices, typically easier than using the RCI site itself.

I asked our TA to check and our price went up by $100 but we would've gotten $100 in OBC. So it was a wash. Congratulations to all who benefited from this promotion.

I asked our TA to check and our price went up by $100 but we would've gotten $100 in OBC. So it was a wash. Congratulations to all who benefited from this promotion.

Oh no! Well I hope you got the cruise for a reasonable price in the first place! We did save a ton of money, but we originally had a class M interior booked on deck 9 of Adventure and switched to a class Q guarantee for this deal. Yes, I know we probably won't get the best location, but to save $555 CAD and get $200 USD OBC, I figured it was a no brainer! It would be a different story if we had a balcony, or even an ocean view for that matter, but all we need is an interior (we're still young, 25, we just need a place to sleep after all the drinks lol).

For the most comprehensive cabin inventory use the RCI UK web site.

Cruisers booked under UK rules typically don't get price drops but some have reported exceptions. Use any online TA to check prices, typically easier than using the RCI site itself.

If you are looking for a price drop, checking anybody's web site but the cruise line's is a waste of time. Reductions are based on what you actually paid versus what the cruise line is currently charging. They don't price match. If a travel agency has a "group pricing" their rate might be hundreds of dollars lower.

If you are looking for a price drop, checking anybody's web site but the cruise line's is a waste of time. Reductions are based on what you actually paid versus what the cruise line is currently charging. They don't price match. If a travel agency has a "group pricing" their rate might be hundreds of dollars lower.

Agreed! I also know that no website is allowed to sell the actual cruise for cheaper than what the cruise is advertising for. TA's are able to give you extra perks (TA group rates, OBC, specialty restaurants, etc), but they can't sell you a cruise cheaper than what the cruise line is advertising for.

Though I didn't get the $200 OBC -- this thread got me to check my cruise pricing for March 2017 and I ended up saving for a balcony cabin for 4 another $524.

I'll take that over a $200 OBC any day....

I guess it pays to check...thanks OP

Edited by xcell

I also know that no website is allowed to sell the actual cruise for cheaper than what the cruise is advertising for. TA's are able to give you extra perks (TA group rates, OBC, specialty restaurants, etc), but they can't sell you a cruise cheaper than what the cruise line is advertising for.

Some TAs roll the perks into the price and do advertise lower than RCI, but in the end it's the same math.

Weird enough the rccl website was a saving of $400 but then when I called in my TA after talking with Rccl got back to me with and additional $100... so prices on site may not be what they seem...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk