Hotels near Galveston port

boobydoo

Hi guys I'm really enjoying the cruise critics forum....any recommendations for hotels near to Galveston port?....especially ones that have a shuttle service to the port? We are boarding liberty in January and are flying in the night before, was going to stay near the airport but thought better to get nearer to port Thanks in advance

My favorite is the Hotel Galvez. It's an old, historic hotel with lots of charm. I drive down so I don't know if they have a shuttle. I wanted to stay there in Jan. but it's Superbowl weekend and the Galvez was full. Enjoy your cruise.

We liked the Hilton Galveston Island Resort. We had a nice view of the volcano show at the Rainforest Café next door. It is also very close to Landry's, IHOP and Kroeger's. The shuttle to the port is included in your room rate. :)

We are fortunate to have Galveston as our drive to port, but we were not pleased with the sleep park and shuttle deal. They just take too long and get your to the terminal at peak time. There is an Enterprise location on the island so I pair of one way rentals for them would be the first thing I'd look at. If it's a shorter cruise, might make more sense to rent the car and park it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for the Hilton Galveston Island Resort.

I also like the hotel but every time I try to book it they now require a 2 night stay and they also have doubles there price , most of the other better hotels are the same, so we normally stay at Hobby the night before. San Luis is a great hotel but same problem over 300 and you need to spend 2 nights

The RCL shuttle reservation needs to be made in advance. We made it through our TA, but when we've also made these reservations directly with RCL by telephone. Cost this year was about $65/person round trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have stayed multiple times at Moody gardens, we book the next years room during the present stay. Rate is the best available when you book while already staying there. We take shuttle to port and back. I don't ever recall them having a minimum of 2 nights.

Edited by sugcarol

We have stayed multiple times at Moody gardens, we book the next years room during the present stay. Rate is the best available when you book while already staying there. We take shuttle to port and back. I don't ever recall them having a minimum of 2 nights.

That seems to be one of the few upscale hotels without 2 night requirement

We stayed at the Hotel Gálvez and liked that it was right across the street from the beach and was walking distance to all the pier restaurants and shops. The hotel is historic and well taken care of. They also have a nice restaurant for breakfast and we did get a shuttle from the hotel to the port.

Downsides were that the hotel was pricey, and so was the breakfast. By pricey I mean $450/night; but at the time (3 years ago) we booked through the cruise line which I wouldn't do again because it looks like the hotel is half the cost when booking it on your own.

The extra perks we did get by booking the hotel through the cruise line was an extra point on our crown and anchor account (we got 8 points instead of 7 points for a 7 night cruise), and the shuttle to the port was "free." Breakfast for 2 of us was like $50. But it was a nice spot because we didn't need a car to enjoy the pier and the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi guys I'm really enjoying the cruise critics forum....any recommendations for hotels near to Galveston port?....especially ones that have a shuttle service to the port? We are boarding liberty in January and are flying in the night before, was going to stay near the airport but thought better to get nearer to port Thanks in advance

We're currently sitting in the holding area waiting to board the Liberty . We stayed at the Baymont. Price was $175.00 tax included. If you want to stay further from the port but closer to the seawall, it was about half a block from the seawall & a two night stay wasn't required.

We reserved a cab the night before to take us to the port. Yellow lets you reserve the night before. Cost was $16.00 for two people before tip.

Next time, we will stay at a hotel near The Strand. It's closer to the port & has more for us to do. Unfortunately, hotels we called required a two night stay on weekends. The Galvez, Tremont & Harbor House said if rooms are open closer to the check in date, they will take a one night reservation.

Diane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Forums mobile app