Can you use giftcards at Starbucks on the Freedom

tamara01

Curious if you can use your Starbucks giftcards when you are onboard? We are sailing on the Freedom. I know we used to be able to get iced tea/coffee/hot cocoa with the premium beverage package but I read that with the new beverage package you can't use it at Starbucks. Any insight?

No you cannot. The coffee places on the Freedom are not licenced Starbucks locations as they are on Oasis class.

You can still get coffee beverages at the cafe promenade on the Freedom, it is only at the licenced Starbucks on Oasis class that the beverage packages do not work.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

There is no "Starbucks" on Freedom. There is an independent espresso kiosk that (for now) serves espresso drinks made with Starbucks beans, but it's not a Starbucks. Therefore you cannot use Starbucks GCs there.

You can, however, use the beverage packages that include premium coffees. (Aka espresso drinks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
Curious if you can use your Starbucks giftcards when you are onboard? We are sailing on the Freedom. I know we used to be able to get iced tea/coffee/hot cocoa with the premium beverage package but I read that with the new beverage package you can't use it at Starbucks. Any insight?

Well, yes and no.

Yes, one can use a Starbucks giftcard at a Starbucks store/kiosk on a Royal Caribbean ship.

No, you cannot do this on the Freedom of the Seas because it doesn't have a licensed Starbucks store/kiosk.