Specialty Dining ?s

Booked for 11 day cruise and first time on RC

Can I buy 2x5 night dinner pkg to equal 10 nights each?

Should I book on line and how far out can you purchase?

Is there a chance that there will have a dinner special first or 2nd night?

Which would make up 11 nights if so. We don't ever eat at buffet or MDR,s

Thanks

definitely wait until you board. it used to be you could almost always get a deal for the first 2 nights, but Diamond Plus members get a BOGO coupon that can only be used the first 2 nights so any discounts are up to the dining room manager.

which ship and restaurants?

definitely wait until you board. it used to be you could almost always get a deal for the first 2 nights, but Diamond Plus members get a BOGO coupon that can only be used the first 2 nights so any discounts are up to the dining room manager.

Serenade of the Seas. As for choice we would do all that are included and also realize that we will be doing some more than once as RC doesn't have the selection that NCL does which is not a problem for us.

OP said first time on RC, OP will not be getting any BOGO coupons

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes you can book two of the 5 night dining packages but as you must select a time for either night 1 or 2 you would have to use night 1 for the first package and night 2 for the second package.

There are no guarantees that a ship will offer the BOGO on board and it can vary from sailing to sailing.

Also there is no guarantee that they will offer the 5 night package on board. We have been on sailings where it was offered ahead of time and not on board.

My advice is not to wait but book now if it is something that you really want.

OP said first time on RC, OP will not be getting any BOGO coupons

But he did ask about deals and I explained that it might be unlikely based on the number of D+ on board taking up reservations and the on,y way to find out is by asking on board

And our Freedom cruise, is listing a BOGO online that appears to be offered to anyone. We are diamond plus and I am looking at my own booking but that has never been offered before. I believe they do have BOGO options on some cruises now open to all.

We have had three sailings now that the BOGO offer has been made to all before the sailing. All three the BOGO has to be used first and second night. No restrictions on what restaurants it can be used in, you pick the time and they will assign the restaurant but the time and restaurant can be changed when you board. Our last sailing I checked everyday and no restaurant discounts were given onboard, I asked about it onboard and was told that they are targeting advanced discounts because people get upset when they pre-buy and there is a better special onboard. However it is up to the discretion of the Hotel manager if there will be any specials offered onboard.

But he did ask about deals and I explained that it might be unlikely based on the number of D+ on board taking up reservations and the on,y way to find out is by asking on board

Miss read what you were saying. Thought you were telling him to wait and see about getting a BOGO coupon after boarding.

Booked for 11 day cruise and first time on RC

Can I buy 2x5 night dinner pkg to equal 10 nights each?

Should I book on line and how far out can you purchase?

Is there a chance that there will have a dinner special first or 2nd night?

Which would make up 11 nights if so. We don't ever eat at buffet or MDR,s

Thanks

In my opinion for variety I would book two of the 4 night packages.

On the 3 non-package nights:

• One night I would book the Chef's Table experience
  • Another night I would book the mystery dinner.
  • I would also book the second to last night of the sailing for My Time Dining in the main dining room for the formal dinner (lobster tail)

That leaves you the other eight nights to split between Giovanni's, Chop's and Izumi. In my humble opinion easy to have 3 totally different meals at both Giovanni's & Chop's.

Here's a photo review of Chef's Table on Radiance (sister ship of Serenade)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47935756&highlight=mystery#post47935756

Here's a photo review of the Mystery Dinner

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47935573&highlight=mystery#post47935573

Regarding 1st or 2nd night specials, you can't count on them but I have seen them more often than not in the last couple of years. On Explorer in May nothing offered, on Adventure in August only nights 1+2, Radiance last Sept every night discounts throughout the cruise incl big discount to Chef's Table. It's luck of the draw vs. how booked they are vs. who the Hotel Director is.

Have a great cruise! :D