Lobster Review for Breakaway?

Maplemoose

Looking to find out which comp and pay restaurants on the Breakaway normally serve lobster in some form. Cost and quality review too if possible. Thank you.

I can't speak directly to the Breakaway, but we just returned from a trip on the Esacpe and I assume they are all using the same food source.

I paid the extra $25 one night to get the 12 oz lobster tail in one of the main dining rooms and I can say it was not worth it. The food overall was very good so I am not complaining about that, but the lobster was rock, or warm water lobster which is a far cry from cold water (Maine) lobster. It was OK but lacked the flavor and tenderness of good lobster.

Considering that the "regular" food in the dining rooms was very good, I just felt that for an additional $25, the lobster should have been better quality.

I paid the extra $25 one night to get the 12 oz lobster tail in one of the main dining rooms and I can say it was not worth it. The food overall was very good so I am not complaining about that, but the lobster was rock, or warm water lobster which is a far cry from cold water (Maine) lobster.

But doesn't the MDR menu specifically say "Maine lobster" (or "cold water lobster")? And doesn't it also say it's whole and not just a tail? :confused:

If that's not what they served you, you should have sent it back and refused to pay for it!

But doesn't the MDR menu specifically say "Maine lobster" (or "cold water lobster")? And doesn't it also say it's whole and not just a tail? :confused:

If that's not what they served you, you should have sent it back and refused to pay for it!

No, it just said 12 oz lobster tail. I almost asked but was not sure the server would understand the question.

It was not horrible. I would say it is basically the same as ordering rock lobster from Red Lobster. Even frozen, and even from Red Lobster, there is a huge difference between Maine and rock lobster.

Looking to find out which comp and pay restaurants on the Breakaway normally serve lobster in some form. Cost and quality review too if possible. Thank you.

As of August none of the Specialty restaurants on any of the ships have lobster on the menu.

At least one night a week the MDR offers lobster tails for $24.99

As of August none of the Specialty restaurants on any of the ships have lobster on the menu.

WOW!!

That is really disappointing...we always looked forward to getting the lobster tails in Le Bistro without the sauce they put on top. We requested them jst plain broiled and they were always delicious.

Don

Just returned from a trip to Bermuda on the Breakaway sailing of Oct 2 thru Oct 9, and my husband had fantastic steamed Maine Lobster in Ocean Blue. He is very picky, and he said it was delicious. It was absolutely on the menu at that time two weeks ago. :)

Just returned from a trip to Bermuda on the Breakaway sailing of Oct 2 thru Oct 9, and my husband had fantastic steamed Maine Lobster in Ocean Blue. He is very picky, and he said it was delicious. It was absolutely on the menu at that time two weeks ago. :)

Ditto for last week - 2 dishes had lobster offerings. I had a combo plate with lobster tail, it was good but not great. The star of my dinner was the Florida Stone Crab Claws - yummy and a portion big enough to be an entree.

But the MDR is complimentary. Why would they charge there instead of having it in a specialty restaurant?

I can't speak directly to the Breakaway, but we just returned from a trip on the Esacpe and I assume they are all using the same food source.

I paid the extra $25 one night to get the 12 oz lobster tail in one of the main dining rooms and I can say it was not worth it. The food overall was very good so I am not complaining about that, but the lobster was rock, or warm water lobster which is a far cry from cold water (Maine) lobster. It was OK but lacked the flavor and tenderness of good lobster.

Considering that the "regular" food in the dining rooms was very good, I just felt that for an additional $25, the lobster should have been better quality.

After 10 years of rock lobstering in South Florida, i don't think I have ever seen a 12 ounce rock lobster tail. In addition, fresh rock lobster tails can be delicious if properly grilled.

But the MDR is complimentary. Why would they charge there instead of having it in a specialty restaurant?

Because in the specialty restaurant, it would be included in your SDP, but in the MDR it's an upcharge for everyone? Money, money, money.

I had the lobster tail on the Breakaway in the Ocean Blue Restaurant and it was the worst lobster tail I've ever had. It was small too. I've had lobster on NCL in the past in MDR and they were very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After 10 years of rock lobstering in South Florida, i don't think I have ever seen a 12 ounce rock lobster tail. In addition, fresh rock lobster tails can be delicious if properly grilled.

I have seen rock lobster in "Pikes Market Place" in Seattle with tails the size of a grown mans forearms.

I would imagine the 12 ounce portion on board ship includes the shell and the water (ice) in side it. By time you get it it has 7 ounces of rubbery meat.

Lobster on ship and in restaurants, cold water or warm water is so hit and miss. I personally never order it. Even jumbo shrimp is that way for me.

It sucks for all you that do like it and look forward to it. I personally would not like it if the ships stopped serving rib eye or porterhouse steaks, or else demanded they be "Well" done.

Edited by NH Cruisers
spelling