Is the Breeze one of the ships that makes you choose morning or evening service?

Carleeb12

Just wondering if the Breeze has the card that lets you choose both, or the card that only allows you to choose one or the other? I hate that Carnival puts us in this position. I hate that we have to feel bad for asking for both morning and evening service, and put the cabin steward in a rough position, when we weren't aware of this when we booked the cruise.

Also, if you choose morning service, do you still get the towel animals at night??

No cards on my last 3 Breeze sailings, service 2X per day as ususal, towel animal each night also. Sailing Breeze again in 76 days, in our first suite on Carnival, hope for the same service and friendly crew as in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruisinpips

Just wondering if the Breeze has the card that lets you choose both, or the card that only allows you to choose one or the other? I hate that Carnival puts us in this position. I hate that we have to feel bad for asking for both morning and evening service, and put the cabin steward in a rough position, when we weren't aware of this when we booked the cruise.

Also, if you choose morning service, do you still get the towel animals at night??

There are no ships where once a day service is proved.

Some people assume there is because: 1) they only think they can only check one time on the card. or 2) they let their cabin stewards tell them they have to choose one service a day. People have to be proactive/assertive. Check both boxes or inform the cabin steward that twice a day service is requested. If he/she says no, he/she is lying or lazy. A simple, polite repeat of the request should suffice.

Just off the Breeze yesterday. As others have stated, I was given a form on the first day and it had the option for morning, evening or BOTH. I chose both, and had no problems at all getting service both morning and evening.

Glad to see both was an option. People have reported here that the steward tries to push people into one time service and people who do not know any better probably do agree to it.

Yeah, the form I was given had BOTH as an option, and the cabin steward even mentioned that I could get morning, evening or both. So there was no encouraging me to choose one or the other. And no hesitation from the steward when I chose both either.

Also off the Breeze yesterday and I never even met our steward. We had twice a day service with no issues. Could be because we had 5 of us in one stateroom. I saw a steward asking some of the surrounding passengers there preference though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off the Splendor yesterday. The form had a box for Morning or Evening, but did not have a box for both. I told the steward I wanted both, and he said it is only one or the other. I said that all I wanted was fresh towels both times, make up/turn down bed, and the Ice replenished. We are not messy, so there is nothing ever to do, with the exception of some sand if we were at the beach.

At this point he actually said "Well you will get, what you get." Which is when I replied, "The same applies to your gratuity."

That is when he checked both boxes, and I received service twice a day.

Just off the Splendor yesterday. The form had a box for Morning or Evening, but did not have a box for both. I told the steward I wanted both, and he said it is only one or the other. I said that all I wanted was fresh towels both times, make up/turn down bed, and the Ice replenished. We are not messy, so there is nothing ever to do, with the exception of some sand if we were at the beach.

At this point he actually said "Well you will get, what you get." Which is when I replied, "The same applies to your gratuity."

Wow - did you report him?

On the Dream a few weeks ago. My cabin steward had a clipboard and went to his room and asked if we wanted morning, evening or both. Also asked about ice and bathrobes.

I chose morning cleaning and evening turn-down. He told us that the service as requested would start on the second night.

He did a great job, and kept everything in order. I am happy that it all worked out, but I just do not understand why Carnival even has this in place. I am on a cruise, and I have paid for the privilege of the cruise and all it entails. I am not staying at the Dew Drop Inn. Why is Carnival cutting so many things back?

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. Our cabin steward asked us if we had a preference on the Miracle. We were perfectly okay with him servicing our cabin in the evening while we were at dinner. Carnival has them servicing so many cabins now that they can barely keep up. Think of it like this, when you stay at a resort or a hotel, even a high end hotel, the room is cleaned once a day and you don't get a towel animal. Turn down service in the evening was fine.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. Our cabin steward asked us if we had a preference on the Miracle. We were perfectly okay with him servicing our cabin in the evening while we were at dinner. Carnival has them servicing so many cabins now that they can barely keep up. Think of it like this, when you stay at a resort or a hotel, even a high end hotel, the room is cleaned once a day and you don't get a towel animal. Turn down service in the evening was fine.

For me, evening service wouldn't be OK. On a cruise there are so many things to do that I go back to the cabin a few times to change (in and out of bathing suits and regular clothes because I don't usually like wearing my bathing suit all day, especially if I've jumped in the pool and it's wet). While we don't leave our room a mess, I enjoy not having to make the bed on vacation and I like coming back to a room with a made bed and empty trash can.

If I had to select at the beginning just morning service I would be worried that I would miss the nice touch of having my bed turned down at night. And what if I wanted fresh towels for the morning?

So no, I wouldn't like feeling pressured into choosing. And I would definitely feel like they deserved a smaller tip from me for doing half the work for me (which shouldn't matter if they're doing half the work because they've got twice the cabins, they'll make up the difference elsewherw).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

. Think of it like this, when you stay at a resort or a hotel, even a high end hotel, the room is cleaned once a day and you don't get a towel animal. .

Twice a day cabin service is one of the little things that separated a cruise from staying in a hotel or resort though. While I know that not the whole amount goes to my cabin attendant, I dont ever remember being charged 12.95 a day for gratuities at hotels either ;)

All the little things that make a cruise more "special" than staying in a hotel or resort are being phased out yet people are paying more and more in gratuities. If we are only gonna get once a day cabin service then we cant blame those that want to adjust the daily gratuity to reflect such. Its not our fault the mass market cruiselines have cut staff so much.

Edited by ryano

This is confusing to me. What is to turn down if they didn't make the room up?

Makes it sound like you had an unmade bed not only all day long, but all week long.

I also want to add that it is not only NOT your problem how many rooms he services, but that he even told you his workload.

Twice a day cabin service is one of the little things that separated a cruise from staying in a hotel or resort though. While I know that not the whole amount goes to my cabin attendant, I dont ever remember being charged 12.95 a day for gratuities at hotels either ;)

All the little things that make a cruise more "special" than staying in a hotel or resort are being phased out yet people are paying more and more in gratuities. If we are only gonna get once a day cabin service then we cant blame those that want to adjust the daily gratuity to reflect such. Its not our fault the mass market cruiselines have cut staff so much.

Totally agree. If I had been paying a kid to cut my front and back yard for $60.00 and he told me that I had to choose one or the other, I would be justified in either paying him half (of their portion of the gratuity), or finding another kid. If Carnival eventually forces us to choose one or the other, I will pay half of the gratuity I usually pay, or I will consider another line.

I usually pay $20.00 to $30.00 extra because they do such a good job. I can only see this hurting the stewards and the company.

If Carnival actually passes on to stewards the amount of gratuities they say they apportion to stewards, the stewards will make more money by servicing more cabins.

That's an internal Carnival/employee issue.

First-time cruisers will probably never question what is happening. As I stated earlier, half the service garners half the gratuities charged for that service. Continue to give me twice a day and I will gladly pay it, and will gladly add extra at the end of the cruise as I have always done.

I won't continue to pay suggested grats for food service if I get half of my MDR order. Nor will I continue to pay suggested grats for cabin service if I receive half the service. Cause and effect.

None of them make you choose.

If Carnival actually passes on to stewards the amount of gratuities they say they apportion to stewards, the stewards will make more money by servicing more cabins.

That's an internal Carnival/employee issue.

First-time cruisers will probably never question what is happening. As I stated earlier, half the service garners half the gratuities charged for that service. Continue to give me twice a day and I will gladly pay it, and will gladly add extra at the end of the cruise as I have always done.

I won't continue to pay suggested grats for food service if I get half of my MDR order. Nor will I continue to pay suggested grats for cabin service if I receive half the service. Cause and effect.

Sad that people keep reporting that stewards are pushing people toward once a day service

And what happened when you sailed on the Breeze?

For me, evening service wouldn't be OK. On a cruise there are so many things to do that I go back to the cabin a few times to change (in and out of bathing suits and regular clothes because I don't usually like wearing my bathing suit all day, especially if I've jumped in the pool and it's wet). While we don't leave our room a mess, I enjoy not having to make the bed on vacation and I like coming back to a room with a made bed and empty trash can.

If I had to select at the beginning just morning service I would be worried that I would miss the nice touch of having my bed turned down at night. And what if I wanted fresh towels for the morning?

So no, I wouldn't like feeling pressured into choosing. And I would definitely feel like they deserved a smaller tip from me for doing half the work for me (which shouldn't matter if they're doing half the work because they've got twice the cabins, they'll make up the difference elsewherw).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Seriously:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is confusing to me. What is to turn down if they didn't make the room up?

Makes it sound like you had an unmade bed not only all day long, but all week long.

I also want to add that it is not only NOT your problem how many rooms he services, but that he even told you his workload.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I think some folks need to get a grip. Geese! With all of the things that go on in this world, the least important thing to stress out about is how many times your cabin steward makes your bed. I am more perplexed at the fact that people, who have been blessed with the ability to pay for a cruise vacation would really consider reducing a gratuity.

Believe it or not, our bed was not made in the morning, we survived all week and our cabin was always quite tidy. The bed was made in the evening and all was good. Carnival is going to be Carnival. The cabin stewards, some of them are HUMAN BEINGS that live in troubled countries. As far as the bed is concerned, DH and I have a rule at home that we used during our cruise week. The last one out of the bed (me) straightens up the bed.

And what happened when you sailed on the Breeze?

I didn't sail on the Breeze... but you knew that didn't you? I gave input on what happened on my sailing since it was so fresh in my mind, and after all it is still CCL. I do not need your permission to do so. :rolleyes: