Question about ship time and Daylight Savings time on Splendor 11/5

Miss Kellybean

Hi cruise friends,

I think I have figured out the answer to my question and want to see if you all agree with my thought process.

We sail on November 5 (the night of the time change) out of Miami on the Splendor. Since we fall back (presumably) and Aruba does not, when we arrive in Aruba at 8am, it is really 9am Aruba time and the ship stays on Eastern time. Is this correct?

The reason I ask is that I want to do a non-Carnival excursion there that starts at 9 and it obviously won't work if that is the time we arrive to the island.

Thanks!

Hi cruise friends,

I think I have figured out the answer to my question and want to see if you all agree with my thought process.

We sail on November 5 (the night of the time change) out of Miami on the Splendor. Since we fall back (presumably) and Aruba does not, when we arrive in Aruba at 8am, it is really 9am Aruba time and the ship stays on Eastern time. Is this correct?

The reason I ask is that I want to do a non-Carnival excursion there that starts at 9 and it obviously won't work if that is the time we arrive to the island.

Thanks!

Hey! You're on my cruise!! Be sure to join our roll call.

On the time changes, I'm pretty sure you will be proven correct, but it's ultimately the Captain's call. If we change (ship) time zones, we will be told in the Fun Times. We will certainly be told about the change from Daylight Saving Time.

This is something you should take time to discuss with your excursion leader now, before you book. Most off-ship excursions will automatically adjust to what time the ship arrives, but it can't hurt to be sure.

We have private tours scheduled in Aruba and Curacao. Our lady in Curacao addressed that the island time would be 2 PM when we get in at 1 PM ship time. Our guy in Aruba said our tour is 8-12, guess I should confirm with him but I am pretty sure if you are taking a tour with anyone familiar with the cruise ship schedules then they understand the difference ... I would just confirm with an email but you should be fine!

while i am not on the Splendor , i am cruising the vista on 11/5 and was wondering how they handle daylight saving time changes. I am guessing we change the clocks on saturday night and have that new time as ship time.

Thanks for the feedback. I just heard back from Jolly Pirates and I am (unfortunately) correct. Our ship will be arriving as the tour departs (8 for the ship; 9 for the island) so we won't make it. Pity. I really was hoping to do that excursion. I guess I will just have to return to Aruba and stay on the island. :)

while i am not on the Splendor , i am cruising the vista on 11/5 and was wondering how they handle daylight saving time changes. I am guessing we change the clocks on saturday night and have that new time as ship time.

Thank you for asking because I am wondering as well. For some reason this time change on a ship really confuses me :( :(