Dawn Deluxe Owners Suite. Outside or Inside?

zaknzoey

So, these suites on Dawn have two "inside" and two on the "outside."

Which is better, in terms of more room or lay out? It seems after looking at videos on YouTube, the insides have a second bedroom and a second bathroom?

Is that correct?

Just wondering which of those might be more room. Anyone who has seen or stayed in both? What is your opinion?

Not sure which is bigger but last January my family sailed in suite 12000, one of the inside DOS. There were 5 of us, myself DW and DS, as well as my DW's parents. So we had 4 adults and a teenager all in the suite. We had lots of room but the biggest benefit was having the second washroom. There was even enough room to comfortably keep a mobility scooter in the cabin for MIL.

Not sure which is bigger but last January my family sailed in suite 12000, one of the inside DOS. There were 5 of us, myself DW and DS, as well as my DW's parents. So we had 4 adults and a teenager all in the suite. We had lots of room but the biggest benefit was having the second washroom. There was even enough room to comfortably keep a mobility scooter in the cabin for MIL.

Thanks for the reply! On the videos, it does look like the inside rooms are pretty big. And yes, having that second bathroom would help. Even though we will only have three people.

Thanks for the reply! On the videos, it does look like the inside rooms are pretty big. And yes, having that second bathroom would help. Even though we will only have three people.

Who is the 3rd person? If a child definitely the outside ones. We stayed in an outer and toured the inner on the last day. The outer has a full living room of windows plus you have a wing over the edge so you can look down the entire length of the ship.

The inners have most of the windows in the bedroom and only a couple in the small living room with a big post in it.

Inners sleep up to six, outers only up to 4.

If you have 3 adults, the inside DOS, with 2BR and 2BA, would probably be best.

However, for a couple not needing a second bathroom or lav, those outsides are amazing.

That is the floor plan that is shown on NCL's website.

It's accurate with one main exception: The "wing" area protruding out the side above the Bridge [the entire suite is above the Bridge, of course] is ALL WINDOWS. So one gets a view down the entire side of the ship.

The view has an amazingly wide angle, starting in the bedroom, ending down the side of the ship.

It was fun to watch the lifeboats get lowered/raised when they were exercised in Bermuda.

Also, the bed is closer to the front of the bedroom in the outside. That means one has a great view from bed.

We've got a dynamite photo taken with our toes showing at the bottom of the great view :)

The only problem is... no balcony.

However, it's easy to get to an outside area, by the pool or just one deck up, above the suites.

We also recently had our thus-far-favorite suite: The Sun's OS (which definitely should be a category equal to or better than the Dawn's DOS).

It is bigger than the Dawn's DOS, has a dressing room with lots of space for clothing (not needed, but nice anyway) and a huge balcony, including a private hot tub.

Because we went to Alaska, we didn't use the hot tub, but if there is *anyplace* that wide view and balcony was important/useful, it was Alaska.

(Someone must have cancelled at almost the last minute, and we happened to see it at a great price, and we pounced!)

There are probably "better" suites [space, balconies] on the new mega ships, also right in front, but we aren't really interested in those huge ships.

We have stayed in both and they are both wonderful. The trip upstairs one flight to the deck was all the balcony we needed!

The outside suites can get very hot when the sun is shining directly on those huge windows. We had to close the drapes at those times.

The extra bathroom is a huge plus.

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the replies! For those wondering, it will be 3 adults.

I do like the idea of having a second bathroom, but I also like that wall of windows in the outside cabins. I did not know that on those, you can see down the length of the ship! Very cool! ;)

What to do? What to do?? :o

Thanks for all the replies! For those wondering, it will be 3 adults.

I do like the idea of having a second bathroom, but I also like that wall of windows in the outside cabins. I did not know that on those, you can see down the length of the ship! Very cool! ;)

What to do? What to do?? :o

I guess keep looking at the videos and pics of both. With 3 adults I'd be split. In the outer they'd have to be on the pull out couch which are actually quite comfy but you only have the one bath. However, the huge living room with windows and table over by the wing is great. In the outer the bath is off the living room and not connected to the bedroom.

In either you'll get 3 bottles of booze, unlimited in room soda and water plus one champagne. If Platinum you'll get another wine.

In either you'll get 3 bottles of booze, unlimited in room soda and water plus one champagne. If Platinum you'll get another wine.

I know I'm asking about DOS in this thread. But out of curiosity, do you get the 3 bottles of liquor in the Two Bedroom Family Suite?

I know I'm asking about DOS in this thread. But out of curiosity, do you get the 3 bottles of liquor in the Two Bedroom Family Suite?

No, but I see that has been answered but wanted to add if you book one of the OS those do plus they are nice rooms with a front and side balcony. Those also have a 1/2 bath and full doors and drapes between bedroom and living room.

They usually run more than the DOS though. It looks like for the Dawn they did a pretty good refurb on them which was much needed.

Edited by dexddd

No, but I see that has been answered but wanted to add if you book one of the OS those do plus they are nice rooms with a front and side balcony. Those also have a 1/2 bath and full doors and drapes between bedroom and living room.

They usually run more than the DOS though. It looks like for the Dawn they did a pretty good refurb on them which was much needed.

Yes, we loved the Owner's Suite with Two Balconies! We had that last year on our first ever cruise with NCL! :D So, I'm spoiled. Hoping to upsell this year to the DOS, but I think I'll take any suite that's available. ;)