Should I upsell to Haven?

Vacationlover2

I don't see a huge benefit on those ships that do not have a Haven restaurant. Also on the newer ships, the pool deck is such a cluster $&:&)/ that the Haven is a nice retreat. For the older ships the pool and sun deck situation is much better.

I'm in the same situation on another Jewel class ship. Just two of us though. Will I miss the Haven, not really. I might miss the private sun deck a little, but I'm really not into laying out like that. I will call upsell just to see what might be on offer, but doubt I will pay their prices as NCL upsell is more oriented to people moving from lower cabins. From my experience the same price is given to all, independent of where they are moving from. Makes for great deals for lower cabins, not so much if you are already in a suite. Just make sure you're not under the fitness center and you should be fine.

Our last cruise was January 2016 on the Jade. About 2 weeks prior I was offered an upsell to the Haven and decided to take it, went from balcony to 2 bedroom for 2 people. This was the best room we have ever had and a surprise to my boyfriend.

We throughly enjoyed the Haven pool area, it was covered and we were able to enjoy even when it rained one day. There is also a Haven sun deck which was wonderful for us, not crowded at all. We found the main pool area to be quite crowded and I don't know if I would sail NCL not in a Haven.

The only thing Jade did not have that I would have liked was a Haven restaurant, they use Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. The food and service were fantastic. We would book one of the Away ships or Escape if we found a 9-12 day itinerary we liked. I don't know why the larger ships don't offer longer cruises so you can enjoy all of the amenities.

We are booked the Haven for January 2017 for 10 days and can't wait!

Of course, whether it is worth it is a personal choice.

Please note that an upsell does not get you all perks as if you booked the Haven directly. You do get to keep the perks you originally booked with.

We were just offered on the Epic to upsell to haven 2 bedroom suite for 1000 per person we said no. Is a 13 day cruise and i think is too expensive,specially since our Balcony was only 689...

That was a hell of a deal. Most people report paying that for 7 nights.

We just sailed on the Jewel in a forward PH Suite. It was a 12 night cruise. We could have booked the haven 2 bedroom on the upsell but I didn't feel the need for the courtyard and pool area. We still had Cagneys/Moderno for breakfast and lunch and the butler/concierge. It really depends on what you enjoy doing. I am not a sun worshipper so the haven was not that important to us.

We did sail on the Epic last September in the haven and we did appreciate the quiet space that the haven provided on a ship of that size. It was port intensive in Europe but we enjoyed every minute of it!

We just sailed on the Jewel in a forward PH Suite. It was a 12 night cruise. We could have booked the haven 2 bedroom on the upsell but I didn't feel the need for the courtyard and pool area.

Do you mind disclosing what the offer was?

The 2 bedroom haven was $1,000pp and the PH suite was $750pp. I thought it was worth it for 12 nights!

Ah, I misread your first post. I thought you started in the forward penthouse and were offered the 2br Haven. As I doubt such a move would be $250pp, I've been trying to find information on suite to suite upsells. What cabin did you move from?

Edited by Até

We are also in a 2 bedroom suite for an upcoming Jade cruise. I'll price out the Haven, but would move more for location (to be closer to Cagney's / kids club) than anything else. Likely wouldn't pay more than $200 pp for it.

Move from non Haven to Haven 2 bedroom suite for Jade Tampa 7 day was priced at $1250 pp = $2500. :0.

I think part of the extrme difference is related to the amazing discount we got on this room - we booked a family suite on the a Star back in March 2015 and were switched to the 2 bedroom suite on Jade, so paid about $2500 less than the list price compared to the Jade at that time. But no way am I paying $2500 to get into haven when we already have a suite.

Move from non Haven to Haven 2 bedroom suite for Jade Tampa 7 day was priced at $1250 pp = $2500. :0.

I think part of the extrme difference is related to the amazing discount we got on this room - we booked a family suite on the a Star back in March 2015 and were switched to the 2 bedroom suite on Jade, so paid about $2500 less than the list price compared to the Jade at that time. But no way am I paying $2500 to get into haven when we already have a suite.

That was quick. That is a ridiculous price for move from 2br suite to Haven 2br suite, actually it's more than what you could have booked full price. 2br Haven on my cruise were $4999, 2br suite were $3899 for two weeks. This tends to confirm my suspicion the upsells are primarily aimed at lower cabins. That would be an okay price if you started from an interior or oceanview.

I thought all suites included Haven access even if the suite isn't physically located in the Haven?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

On the Breakaway, Getaway, Epic and Escape, that is true. On the smaller Jewel class ships the Haven is a lot smaller and only those suites located in the actual Haven have access. The exception is the owner's suites and garden villas also have access.

Not sure what dates you are looking at but from the Jade and Gem pricing I've seen lately for Dec. has been as low as $300-400 pp between 2br suite and haven 2 br suite so maybe it does factor in where you are booked.

I thought all suites included Haven access even if the suite isn't physically located in the Haven?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

On the Breakaway, Getaway, Epic and Escape, that is true. On the smaller Jewel class ships the Haven is a lot smaller and only those suites located in the actual Haven have access. The exception is the owner's suites and garden villas also have access.

The way you can tell for sure is the booking category. If it starts with an "H", you have Haven access; "S", you're in a suite, but will not have Haven access.

Hope that helps! ;)