First time sailing from Port Canaveral

CruisingYiayia

We will be on Oasis in January. This is our first time flying into MCO and sailing out of Port Canaveral and I'm trying to figure out where to stay and how to get to the port.

If we stay near MCO the night before the cruise, how do we get to the port the next morning? Any hotel recommendations for hotels near MCO?

If we go directly to Cocoa Beach area, any recommendations for hotels in that area? TIA :)

We will be on Oasis in January. This is our first time flying into MCO and sailing out of Port Canaveral and I'm trying to figure out where to stay and how to get to the port.

If we stay near MCO the night before the cruise, how do we get to the port the next morning? Any hotel recommendations for hotels near MCO?

If we go directly to Cocoa Beach area, any recommendations for hotels in that area? TIA :)

I would stay in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area the night before to be closer to the port. Either do a one way car rental from the airport (several agencies near the port & they all have a complimentary shuttle to the port).... or if you don't want to deal with a car, pre-book a shuttle.

The four hotels closest to the port are.....Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites and Radisson at the Port. The first three all have a complimentary breakfast. All have shuttles to the port (for a small fee).

If you pre-book a shuttle from the airport I would go ahead and also book one for my return trip back to the airport after the cruise. My suggestions would be Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Executive VIP Limo or Travelynx.

Have a great cruise!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

We prefer to stay in the Orlando area - 1000's of hotels in every price range. ;) What time do you fly in? Lots of hotels near the airport.

We usually use a one-way car rental to get to PC - all of the major agencies (Hertz, etc.) have offices in PC/Cocoa Beach and offer free shuttles to/from the port. If you prefer to leave the driving to someone else CorTrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Executive VIP (private transfers) are the most often suggested providers.

We prefer to stay in the Orlando area - 1000's of hotels in every price range. ;) What time do you fly in? Lots of hotels near the airport.

We usually use a one-way car rental to get to PC - all of the major agencies (Hertz, etc.) have offices in PC/Cocoa Beach and offer free shuttles to/from the port. If you prefer to leave the driving to someone else CorTrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Executive VIP (private transfers) are the most often suggested providers.

We haven't booked our flights yet. There's a flight arriving around 3:30 P.M., so we will probably book that flight. Do the shuttle services pick up from the hotels in the Orlando area? Any hotel recommendations?

If you just want an airport hotel and dinner there's a La Quinta on N. Frontage road north of the airport my mother swears by - surrounded by other hotels (Hyatt, Hampton Inn, Marriott) as well as chain dining options.

If the shuttles will not pick up at your hotel just use the hotel shuttle to return to the airport - they all pick up outside of baggage claim. The ride to PC form MCO takes just under an hour.

Almost all the hotels in Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral have shuttles to the Cruise port. I would stay near the port versus Orlando. Most have a deal where you stay 1 night before, complimentary breakfast and then shuttle for one price. We stay at the Quality Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach because they have a great price for the room, parking during the entire cruise and the shuttle.

We stayed at the Ramada Suites on Augusta National Dr. (just north of the airport, 5 minutes away) a few weeks ago. Room was big and clean, as were as common areas, free shuttle from MCO, free breakfast, small pool. Easy walk to several restaurants for dinner and the price was reasonable.

We used Cortrans shuttle to get to the port. $20 per person one way but they will also do a round trip ($40) dropping you back at the airport (or your hotel if you plan to stay) after your cruise. Service was very good.

Edited by Pyrate13

This is great news to me, as I'm staying at the same hotel prior to my cruise, as well as using Cortrans for transportation to/from PC...

We stayed at the Ramada Suites on Augusta National Dr. (just north of the airport, 5 minutes away) a few weeks ago. Room was big and clean, as were as common areas, free shuttle from MCO, free breakfast, small pool. Easy walk to several restaurants for dinner and the price was reasonable.

We used Cortrans shuttle to get to the port. $20 per person one way but they will also do a round trip ($40) dropping you back at the airport (or your hotel if you plan to stay) after your cruise. Service was very good.

Will they pick up at the hotel, or do you need to go back to the airport?

Will they pick up at the hotel, or do you need to go back to the airport

You do not need to go back to the airport for pick up. Here is their website. They have list of hotels that they service and where they will pick up. You book a time frame for when you want them to pick you up and you pay the driver. They take credit and debit cards as well as cash.

http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/