Voom question and Adventure of the seas

caral2004

Hello

First I tried to find answers for my questions but I did not fond it - sorry if I only missed it. I hope someone can help me.

We will be on Adventure of the Seas in January. Does Voom Internet is available on that ship?

If so, we will be a party of 3, do I need to buy for 3 devices ? Is it only if the 3 are going to be connected at the same time? Can we buy only for one device and be connected one after the other one?

I hope you can understand my question (sorry I speak French).

Thank you for your help

VOOM is available on all RCI ships - it's just a marketing term for internet.

If you do not need to be on at the same time with more than one device you can buy the single device package and use it on as many devices as you want.

Bon Voyage.

In addition to the above just remember you only have to use one name to book the Voom single device. You'll be given a logon code when you check in at the terminal...so as long as everyone knows the code and logs off each time you'll be fine...this easily worked for our recent Adventure cruise.

No, all the options for WiFi will be on the landing page when you first connect. On the last day you'll need to buy the 24hr pass at $20 for one device Surf package. Most of the time you can get a "days remaining" package down to the last two days - that would be $25.98 (12.99/day).

No, all the options for WiFi will be on the landing page when you first connect. On the last day you'll need to buy the 24hr pass at $20 for one device Surf package. Most of the time you can get a "days remaining" package down to the last two days - that would be $25.98 (12.99/day).

Hmmm that doesn't sound like such a good deal. I'll probably just wait until I'm back in Puerto Rico at my hotel. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmmm that doesn't sound like such a good deal. I'll probably just wait until I'm back in Puerto Rico at my hotel. Thanks for the info!

There have been reports of a shorter access period on the last day (for folks checking in for flights) but I don't recall the cost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was just wondering how the quality/speed of the VOOM internet was? Is it worth the money/ will I feel like I am back in 1999 using dial up?

I was on Adventure at the end of May and purchased it and it was usually pretty good! It was better in public areas than in our stateroom. I am a Facebook addict so I had to be able to post comments along with photos and I rarely had any issue. Sometime uploading photos was a little slow but nothing as slow as the dial up days, LOL!!! :)

I was just wondering how the quality/speed of the VOOM internet was? Is it worth the money/ will I feel like I am back in 1999 using dial up?

You are limited to a sat connection when at sea which you share with a couple thousand people - considering that, the service is fairly good. Surf is limited to. 5MBps while Stream is limited to 4 Mbps.