Bringing Wine Onboard???

jcastro1202

Hi guys!

I know NCL allows us to board two bottles of wine per cabin...My family and I sail this Saturday on the NCL Escape but we are confused as to how to bring the bottles onboard. We have 3 cabins therefore have a total of 6 bottles of wine we will be bringing with us. Do we carry them with us in our carry on bags? Do we check them in? What is the normal procedure? With Celebrity and Royal I've always had the wine in my carry on bag but as this will be my first NCL cruise I want to make sure I follow procedure. Anyone carried on wine on embarkation day before? If so...please provide tips.

Thanks!

You can bring on as many bottles as you would like, not just two.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks NCL doesn't allow any wine on board per room for free you can bring as many bottles as you want and there will be a $15 corkage fee per bottle ....easiest way is to put them in your carry-on bag let the TSA agent know you have them... they will direct you to a table just passed the check in where they will charge your account $15 per bottle and put a sticker on each bottle ...doesn't matter where you use them on your balcony in your room or in a restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carried aboard 3 bottles of wine this past January in a wine bag. CVS has a reusable bag that holds 6 bottles. During check in process, I went to a special desk where they wrote up a charge to my onboard account. Then, during lunch in the mdr, I turned them in to the dining captain, who gave me a receipt, to have them chilled and delivered to whatever restaurant I wanted. They will even recork and bring the remainder to another restaurant or bar if you don't finish one. Or you can take it with you to your cabin or wherever you want. It was well worth the fee to get the wine I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by relic2

We were on the Escape in April and brought 8 bottles of wine. We used a beer cooler bag which would typically hold 24 cans. 8 bottles fit perfectly, although heavy.

When you go through security, just show them the wine and they will take it to the "wine table" where a nice little lady will record how many you have to your stateroom number and put PAID stickers on each bottle. They charge it to your account AND there is no 18% gratuity on it either, just $15 USD.

And that's it! We would bring a bottle to dinner each night wherever we wanted and they would pour for us as if we purchased the bottle there in the restaurant.

Your bill will show from Taste or Savor (dining rooms) for the corkage fees.

This is my first time on NCL, I have taken several cruises on CCL and have brought my wine on board. They did not charge us a corkage fee if we drank the wine in our state room only if you took them to the MDR or if we asked for them to open the bottle fur us. We actually have brought a small cork screw on our checked in luggage. Can we do this as well on NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is my first time on NCL, I have taken several cruises on CCL and have brought my wine on board. They did not charge us a corkage fee if we drank the wine in our state room only if you took them to the MDR or if we asked for them to open the bottle fur us. We actually have brought a small cork screw on our checked in luggage. Can we do this as well on NCL.

Check out this thread for the correct answer:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51350945#post51350945

Carnival limits you to two bottles each, but only charges corkage if you consume it in the dining rooms.

NCL has a different plan entirely, and it is "better" for people who want to drink only their favorite wines on the cruise and bring more than two bottles per person. You can bring as many bottles as you wish but each bottle must pay the $15 corkage fee. Bring a case if you want. But you pay the $15 per bottle corkage no matter what.

I did a little research and one line is a bit better than NCL for bringing more than two bottles each aboard; Princess has no two bottle limit and doesn't charge the corkage fee on the first bottle per person. So a wine drinker would do slightly better on Princess, saving $15.

I did a little research and one line is a bit better than NCL for bringing more than two bottles each aboard; Princess has no two bottle limit and doesn't charge the corkage fee on the first bottle per person. So a wine drinker would do slightly better on Princess, saving $15.

On Oceania you can bring on as many as you want (officially three per person per port) for consumption in your room for no fee. If you want it stored and served in a restaurant it's a $25 fee, regardless of size.

On Oceania you can bring on as many as you want (officially three per person per port) for consumption in your room for no fee. If you want it stored and served in a restaurant it's a $25 fee, regardless of size.

NCL charges you for every bottle of wine you bring on board, regardless of where you consume it.

Hi guys!

I know NCL allows us to board two bottles of wine per cabin...My family and I sail this Saturday on the NCL Escape but we are confused as to how to bring the bottles onboard. We have 3 cabins therefore have a total of 6 bottles of wine we will be bringing with us. Do we carry them with us in our carry on bags? Do we check them in? What is the normal procedure? With Celebrity and Royal I've always had the wine in my carry on bag but as this will be my first NCL cruise I want to make sure I follow procedure. Anyone carried on wine on embarkation day before? If so...please provide tips.

Thanks!

You need to hand carry all wine. If you put it in your luggage, your bags will be confiscated, sent to the naughty room, and you will spend part of your night on board tr.ying to get your bags out of jail.