A change to Neptune & Pinnacle Suite Amenities???

kazu

I received a copy of the "exotic voyages" brochure today and it has the same description of complimentary sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge.

I noted that as well. Very clear to me that it is supposed to be offered every day in Neptune Lounge. Maybe it is something new?

There are many of us hedwwho edo not do the facebook game and it would be great if you could make this post a little more clear,,,, commen t question? fyou seem to b e g tripping ov er both and a sre not separating gthem Some of us here on CC donot think FB worth botherin g with.

FB and CC do not b lend smoothly withoug clarifying.

Earlier today the poster kazu posted about the death of a friend. She may be too upset to be spending much time here today, let alone attempting to "clarify" things for other posters.

Considering they're saying something different from what many of us have experienced in the past, yes, it's worth asking about. They could have said "complimentary sparkling wine on embarkation day" or "complimentary welcome glass of sparking wine." But they have left it vague. My bet is on sloppy copywriting.

Of course everything that's "free" on a cruise is paid for. Fares, upsells, or Mariner benefits paid for in advance as we accrue points over many cruises. But people want to know what it is that they've paid for--wine on one day or for all the days of the cruise.

Exactly! I agree with your suggestion that it is sloppy copywriting.

There are many of us hedwwho edo not do the facebook game and it would be great if you could make this post a little more clear,,,, commen t question? fyou seem to b e g tripping ov er both and a sre not separating gthem Some of us here on CC donot think FB worth botherin g with.

FB and CC do not b lend smoothly withoug clarifying.

I am very confused as you have an FB page. You just have to go the HAL page and check it out. But for those not on, as we waited for an answer we chatted about potential NL amenities and HAL came on after I posted that it would be nice if there were a happy hour and HAL replied there was. We just want to know what the deal is now. I think it's a fair question? A copyright error? An uninformed FB person? We do have a cruise planned as do others Sail, whether you do or not and it's simply a question as to if the amenities have changed or not. The wording insinuates it has. It's a fair question IMO and if you are not sailing nor care, feel free to disregard this thread. Sorry but my tolerance is low tonight with the loss of a great Cc member

Earlier today the poster kazu posted about the death of a friend. She may be too upset to be spending much time here today, let alone attempting to "clarify" things for other posters.

Thank you. I appreciate your understanding and kindness. Sue was a wonderful person and my mentor in private tours. This has hit a bit hard as it was the second roll call member I was close to on that cruise. I was about to email his wife (DNL) when, like telepathy, she emailed me. A very sad day.

Well, HAL finally answered another poster on our FB page - not myself who asked the original question but the bottom line is.....

Nothing has changed. The sparkling wine (whatever you want to call it) is for embarkation day only.

Obviously a very misleading copy and I feel badly for those booking Neptune Suites based on the brochures coming out that do not have access to CC.

While it doesn't appeal to all, it's still nice to know what you are paying for ;)

Edited by kazu

Well, HAL finally answered another poster on our FB page - not myself who asked the original question but the bottom line is.....

Nothing has changed. The sparkling wine (whatever you want to call it) is for embarkation day only.

Obviously a very misleading copy and I feel badly for those booking Neptune Suites based on the brochures coming out that do not have access to CC.

While it doesn't appeal to all, it's still nice to know what you are paying for ;)

They need a good proofreader.

Edited by Cruzin Terri

I feel sorry for the concierges who are going to have to apologize to passengers who show up to get a "free" glass of fizz and there isn't any.

Seems to me that this entire tempest in a teapot was caused (intentionally?) by OP's (misleading) Title Line (" A change to Neptune & Pinnacle Suite Amenities???"), as indicated in my Post #45 above.

Also I find it hard to believe that anyone booked a Neptune Suite solely (or even in large measure) "based on the brochure". However, I could be wrong. So, if anyone did book a Neptune Suite to get a few "free" glasses of cheap sparkling wine (and would be willing to admit it on CC), I will apologize to OP for my skepticism.

Lastly, if HAL's response was posted on FB (Face Book?), how is it that only people "who have access to CC" will know the truth about HAL's "misleading" brochure? Just curious.

Smooth sailing ...

Edited by avian777

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about this and for coming back and updating the thread. It is poor copy - a less than transparent way of promoting amenities. Unfortunately, it will most likely be in circulation until HAL receives numerous complaints on it. Such is the way in large organizations today.

I feel sorry for the concierges who are going to have to apologize to passengers who show up to get a "free" glass of fizz and there isn't any.

Me too.

I plan to tip our NS Concierges extra generously on our upcoming cruise to make up for the abuse they will have to endure because of this ... as I have no doubt that some passengers would be boorish enough to upbraid the Concierges for HAL's mistake, (See Post #81 above!)

Edited by avian777

Seems to me that this entire tempest in a teapot was caused (intentionally?) by OP's (misleading) Title Line (" A change to Neptune & Pinnacle Suite Amenities???"), as indicated in my Post #45 above.

Also I find it hard to believe that anyone booked a Neptune Suite solely (or even in large measure) "based on the brochure". However, I could be wrong. So, if anyone did book a Neptune Suite to get a few "free" glasses of cheap sparkling wine (and would be willing to admit it on CC), I will apologize to OP for my skepticism.

Lastly, if HAL's response was posted on FB (Face Book?), how is it that only people "who have access to CC" will know the truth about HAL's "misleading" brochure? Just curious.

Smooth sailing ...

Tempest ??? Not hardly. I think this is very unfair to Kazu who was only asking a question many of us were curious about. I have never met Kazu , but have so enjoyed and appreciated her contributions to this forum.

Smooth sailing ...

For those of us who have sailed in a NS before, it did read like a change. No mention of "on embarkation," which is the wording on the website.

Now think about passengers who are trying HAL after being on one of the lines that does offer complimentary drinks in their suite lounge. Maybe they will see the website wording--but not everyone bothers to read all the details in a long list of amenities. Maybe they see only the brochure. The Neptune Lounge blurb in the brochure is set apart, which draws the reader's attention. So because they're used to getting drinks in the lounge and they've read the brochure, they expect sparkling wine to be HAL's version of that amenity. When they stop by to have a glass of fizz and it isn't there, some will say (not necessarily in a boorish manner) "Where's the sparkling wine?" And the concierge will have to apologize for an expectation not being met.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Tempest ??? Not hardly. I think this is very unfair to Kazu who was only asking a question many of us were curious about. I have never met Kazu , but have so enjoyed and appreciated her contributions to this forum.

Absolutely. And because of all the help and information she has provided there are one or two in particular who miss no opportunity to try to shoot her down.

Regardless, the brochure was completely misleading, and HAL should proof read before they put out misinformation.

Absolutely. And because of all the help and information she has provided there are one or two in particular who miss no opportunity to try to shoot her down.

Regardless, the brochure was completely misleading, and HAL should proof read before they put out misinformation.

Ditto here.

Brochures that are not properly proof read are unprofessional whether the information is urgent or trivial. Someone dropped the ball.

So are we putting all our collective faith into one social media editor's call on the drinks and not the printed brochure?

I'll believe it when I see it on the website. My money has been on sloppy copywriting all along. If HAL really intends to add a perk to the NL, they'll tout it, as they did when they added the coffeemaker and sound dock. The "suite life" page hasn't changed. They're still listing the upgrades that happened back in January.

I think that that did have a proofreader, unfortunately it was a 100% Proof reader ;)

Good one!!! ... did you mean "100 Proof" (which is 50% alcohol) or "200 Proof" (which is 100% alcohol)? Just kidding, of course ...

Smooth sailing ...

... If HAL really intends to add a perk to the NL, they'll tout it, as they did when they added the coffeemaker and sound dock. The "suite life" page hasn't changed...

My point exactly - this was a whole lot about nothing, especially since the OP Title implied that HAL was implementing a change in the NS amenities. If I want to know something about NS Amenities, I go to HAL's "Suites" page. And if what I see there doesn't make sense (or is contradicted elsewhere on the HAL site), I call HAL for clarification.

My point exactly - this was a whole lot about nothing, especially since the OP Title implied that HAL was implementing a change in the NS amenities. If I want to know something about NS Amenities, I go to HAL's "Suites" page. And if what I see there doesn't make sense (or is contradicted elsewhere on the HAL site), I call HAL for clarification.

Sorry, I forgot to say in my original post I did call Seattle. I was told that this was in place. But, I learned long ago that info from Seattle can be incorrect. Call three times get three different answers. Ergo, my question and my posts on the FB page which contradicted what Seattle told me. so much for your clarification;):rolleyes:

Sorry, I forgot to say in my original post I did call Seattle ... and my posts on the FB page which contradicted what Seattle told me. so much for your clarification;):rolleyes:

Huh? None of my Posts claimed to be a "clarification" of anything, nor did I (conveniently) recall that I had forgotten to include a pertinent fact in any of them either ... but thanks anyhow for providing some light-hearted and (I assume) good-natured amusement here on CC!

Edited by avian777