Which Ships are Pushing the Once a Day Room Servicing?

MCFTJCH2V

On the Triumph in July we were asked which we wanted and we gladly chose just morning. In spite of the opinion of many people I think the staff work very hard and I'm fine with once a day. I am more than capable of turning my bed down. On our upcoming December 8 day cruise, we are telling our steward not to even bother with our room on sea days. If we need something, we can ask for it.

On the Triumph in July we were asked which we wanted and we gladly chose just morning. In spite of the opinion of many people I think the staff work very hard and I'm fine with once a day. I am more than capable of turning my bed down. On our upcoming December 8 day cruise, we are telling our steward not to even bother with our room on sea days. If we need something, we can ask for it.

I would be willing to wager that the majority are fine with the trial system and having the option to select either or both. Based upon the replies from the many threads here, other than a vocal minority here, a lot prefer only once a day.

The problem with no room tending is the towels, at least for us. We have 4 in our room, I'm not tripping over wet soggy towels for days. Otherwise we'd be fine without a steward for the most part. Our room stays looking like the day we walked in all week, we even make our beds every morning.

I don't reuse towels at home, I won't reuse them on vacation so fresh towels is a must.

Some attendants may say it's once a day only but so far Carnival has not shown anything that proves that. From a recent post on Triumph if you believe it, his attendant insisted it was one or the other and when he said he expected at least a change of towels twice a day and ice kept full he was told you will get what you get, after threatening to cut tips, he got twice a day service. To me that's an attendant issue, that doesn't reflect on Carnivals policy of twice a day service.

Many people have reported being told that they must choose one, on more than one ship, now about one year into this trial program. Why hasn't Carnival stopped employees from doing this and fired them if they directly violate policy? Were there any reports of stewards saying this or anything similar to avoid work before the trial program? Could this be related to the many reports that stewards are being given more cabins to service?

It is way too early to say the fear that once-a-day service will become the norm "proved not to be true."

Some attendants may say it's once a day only but so far Carnival has not shown anything that proves that. From a recent post on Triumph if you believe it, his attendant insisted it was one or the other and when he said he expected at least a change of towels twice a day and ice kept full he was told you will get what you get, after threatening to cut tips, he got twice a day service. To me that's an attendant issue, that doesn't reflect on Carnivals policy of twice a day service.

Imagine that. Getting a steward going against company policy by trying to make you think service is one or the other, not both.

And then he thinks he's going to get a full tip?

I guess he's out profiling for those that do.

Many people have reported being told that they must choose one, on more than one ship, now about one year into this trial program. Why hasn't Carnival stopped employees from doing this and fired them if they directly violate policy? Were there any reports of stewards saying this or anything similar to avoid work before the trial program? Could this be related to the many reports that stewards are being given more cabins to service?

It is way too early to say the fear that once-a-day service will become the norm "proved not to be true."

LOL, by far more true than going with once a day will be the norm.

It wouldn't be a Wednesday without another pot-stirring conspiracy post for the same gaggle of curmudgeons to tout their tip-reducing retaliations over a complete "what if".

Aint pontification wonderful?

....and so easy to do......:rolleyes:

We've seen a lot of reports here that stewards are saying once only but is anyone reporting it to GS or carnival officially? I doubt it. They are complaining here and that's about it. I highly doubt if most are going to file a complaint over it, I think that is why it appears the attendants are getting more and more bold over there refusals towards guests twice a day service requests. Coming and complaining to CC is not going to do any good, if you want Carnival to keep twice a day service you need to let Carnival corp know it, not CC and not JH. They need to be told if they remove twice a day service or continue to let their stewards (and name names if one refused or was rude about doing it twice a day) not do their stated duties you are going to start cutting tips or sailing other cruise lines.

If people just continue to keep sailing and whining about it on the boards of course Carnival will leave things as is and figure everyone is happy about it. If you don't like it, make sure Carnival knows it. If enough cruisers get upset and enough stewards get upset Carnival will know they hit their tipping point and will cut back on stewards room assignments lessening their load and give cruisers back their twice a day service without the ridiculous cards.

I appreciate both so I will choose both for as long as I am given the choice. Once that choice is removed, then I would probably choose day only. It would not make or break my cruise, it's something I am flexible on.

Day will also be my choice since we tend to shower late in the evening and really no need for an evening room attending. Even if given an option of twice a day on our Cruise next week I plan on only doing morning service and telling him/her as long as the keep towels changed out, that's good enough for us.

We just aren't that high maintenance lol

Day will also be my choice since we tend to shower late in the evening and really no need for an evening room attending. Even if given an option of twice a day on our Cruise next week I plan on only doing morning service and telling him/her as long as the keep towels changed out, that's good enough for us.

We just aren't that high maintenance lol

Im not high maintenance here either. I even make my own bed of a morning :eek: and keep my cabin as tidy and clean as I possibly can. I reuse towels at least once.

I still want twice a day service offered though with me having a chance to decline on a daily basis if Im paying full gratuities. Its just one of those things that make a cruise a little more special and stand out over land based vacations in hotels or resorts.

The problem with no room tending is the towels, at least for us. We have 4 in our room, I'm not tripping over wet soggy towels for days. Otherwise we'd be fine without a steward for the most part. Our room stays looking like the day we walked in all week, we even make our beds every morning.

I don't reuse towels at home, I won't reuse them on vacation so fresh towels is a must.

Define "use".

I can't imagine that when you dry your hands after washing them in the loo, that you throw them to the laundry each time? Do you also use a fresh towel for every single shower/bath? I thought I was being cautious by washing my towels after every 3-4 showers.

Actually, last time I saw this polled, the overwhelming majority stated they wanted twice a day service.

Well I won't go with something as scientific as a poll, but in all of the threads on this subject, wen to look at the posters, the majority seem to be ok with the once a day (and unless my memory betrays me, it's not all that close).

Sent from my iPhone

Define "use".

I can't imagine that when you dry your hands after washing them in the loo, that you throw them to the laundry each time? Do you also use a fresh towel for every single shower/bath? I thought I was being cautious by washing my towels after every 3-4 showers.

No we don't change hand towels out after each use but do usually change them out at the end of the day along with kitchen towels. Bath towels yes they get changed out after each bath/shower. Whatever works for you, everyone does it differently.

Well I won't go with something as scientific as a poll, but in all of the threads on this subject, wen to look at the posters, the majority seem to be ok with the once a day (and unless my memory betrays me, it's not all that close).

Sent from my iPhone

If you polled the more experienced cruisers who have always had twice a day service think most of them would want twice a day.

Seems like more and more people here are reporting their steward is handing out cards not showing you can get morning or night and when people ask for both they are told they cannot have it.

If you polled the more experienced cruisers who have always had twice a day service think most of them would want twice a day.

Seems like more and more people here are reporting their steward is handing out cards not showing you can get morning or night and when people ask for both they are told they cannot have it.

I know we would (want twice a day)' date=' but during lunch I scanned back on three threads and the majority wanted once a day...that posted here. (as I mentioned not exactly scientific). I might debate your point about being asked and how asked, but at the end of the day that will come out in the wash when it moves from a trial to either a policy or not.[/size']

I know we would (want twice a day), but during lunch I scanned back on three threads and the majority wanted once a day...that posted here. (as I mentioned not exactly scientific). I might debate your point about being asked and how asked, but at the end of the day that will come out in the wash when it moves from a trial to either a policy or not.

Unfortunately you can't tally all the meaty threads on the subject that are no longer here.