LIVE from ANTHEM of the Seas - October 20, 2016

This is what I was talking about on the periscope I just did. The outdoor seating at Jamie's has not been open at all this week or for the entire 9 days we were on the Quantum. What a waste. It would be great to sit out there and have lunch or dinner. It kind of resembles the Waterfront on NCL's Escape, Breakaway and Getaway.

744054136d67cb01775b7313ec629aec.jpg

6a3c0b7cee94b22a978d2acbbc1fe4ce.jpg

7212296cc1aff8cdb443e127fd3529fc.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

This is what I was talking about on the periscope I just did. The outdoor seating at Jamie's has not been open at all this week or for the entire 9 days we were on the Quantum. What a waste. It would be great to sit out there and have lunch or dinner. It kind of resembles the Waterfront on NCL's Escape, Breakaway and Getaway.

744054136d67cb01775b7313ec629aec.jpg

6a3c0b7cee94b22a978d2acbbc1fe4ce.jpg

7212296cc1aff8cdb443e127fd3529fc.jpg

Not for anything the Jaime's alfresco area is very dismal and not appealing. The furnishings in the smoking lounge on the starboard side are better than this sterile box. Agreed it could have a million better uses...*cough A bar *cough Bailey

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your live thread! Really enjoying your posts.

Would you be able to ask one of the restaurant managers what actually is the truth to the changes of dynamic dining or elimination of it beginning on 11/27. Many of us are disappointed that is will be ended and specifically booked this cruise for the unique menus, cuisines and roatating restaurant vanues.

Is it defintiely ending on this date? Any chance it stays? If it does end, what is the truth to the new manues. Same old as rest of the fleet or the "new" ones from Harmony (more of the same old) or will they be at at minimum keeping our favorites from the current dynamic dining venue menues to at least attempt to make this ship and dining experience somewhat different and special

Would you be able to ask one of the restaurant managers what actually is the truth to the changes of dynamic dining or elimination of it beginning on 11/27.

As if the ship crew knows more than the folks at Miami who took the decision?

Thanks for your live thread! Really enjoying your posts.

Would you be able to ask one of the restaurant managers what actually is the truth to the changes of dynamic dining or elimination of it beginning on 11/27. Many of us are disappointed that is will be ended and specifically booked this cruise for the unique menus, cuisines and roatating restaurant vanues.

Is it defintiely ending on this date? Any chance it stays? If it does end, what is the truth to the new manues. Same old as rest of the fleet or the "new" ones from Harmony (more of the same old) or will they be at at minimum keeping our favorites from the current dynamic dining venue menues to at least attempt to make this ship and dining experience somewhat different and special

I just spoke to a manager at American Icon very briefly since she was really busy. She confirmed that November 27th will be the first sailing with early seating, late seating and my time dining.

As if the ship crew knows more than the folks at Miami who took the decision?

Biker, on an unrelated note - the Surf and Stream worked great today while watching the Giants game live on my iPad. It froze maybe 3-4 times and I had to relaunch the app but other than that it was great.

Never saw it in use during our 9 nighter this summer, either. Thought it would've been cool, too. Does anyone know why it doesn't get used? Wind? Logistics? Must be a reason.

Biker, on an unrelated note - the Surf and Stream worked great today while watching the Giants game live on my iPad. It froze maybe 3-4 times and I had to relaunch the app but other than that it was great.

A couple of more data points (speedtests) may confirm the kind of numbers folks can expect with that package. It would have been even more interesting to see if that game would have worked on Surf alone. Thanks for the updates.

Biker, who see a tight race in the NFC East.

NFL NETWORK APP!!!!!!!

0b6fd5cb82dc1196721c45f9804f3bef.jpg

Any chance you could tell me what band is playing at boleros in the evenings of maybe a copy of the cruise compass with the music part. Thanks. I'll be cruising in a few weeks and can't find any info ....

There is a reggae band called Hott Sands and rock band called Rock the Boat. Evidently they cut out the Tribute bands for the past number of cruises due to "budget cuts". There was suppose to be a Beatles tribute band on this cruise and a Bon Jovi tribute band on the 10-15-16 cruise. Most of the tribute bands are being cut until the Christmas cruise.

Never saw it in use during our 9 nighter this summer, either. Thought it would've been cool, too. Does anyone know why it doesn't get used? Wind? Logistics? Must be a reason.

We ate in Jamie's on the 7th of this month, with a 5.45 reservation. When we asked about the outdoor seating we were told it was not used while the ship is sailing because of wind, and specifically, because of the challenges posed for wait staff bringing items in and out.

Coincidentally, the friends we were cruising with were in cabin 11250, so that view from above is a very familiar one, albeit just a little closer!

Yorkvillian just in case you don't know, Isles 6 - Wild 3. Very impressive but not as impressive as Courtney's run on Name that Tune last night. :)

I saw. Thanks. By the way, we may or may not have a trivia name tonight in reference to periscoper Andrew_1720.

Enjoyed your "Name that Tune" scope - one thing that makes Anthem special. Really enjoyed it on my cruise too - even the selection and singalong before hand were fun! Recommended, for sure!

I also saw that you have Drew as a CD. I'm not one who typically notices, but being on this board so much made me pay attention. I really liked him on my cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed your "Name that Tune" scope - one thing that makes Anthem special. Really enjoyed it on my cruise too - even the selection and singalong before hand were fun! Recommended, for sure!

I also saw that you have Drew as a CD. I'm not one who typically notices, but being on this board so much made me pay attention. I really liked him on my cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had the same Name that Tune show on the Quantum last year as well. Courtney tried to play that one too but other people were picked before her.

That's funny you mentioned that about our cruise director (Dru Pavlov). We were just discussing last night how much we like him. He is entertaining, has a great sense of humor and is not annoying at all like some other cruise directors. He very well could be our favorite CD now.

That's funny you mentioned that about our cruise director (Dru Pavlov). We were just discussing last night how much we like him. He is entertaining, has a great sense of humor and is not annoying at all like some other cruise directors. He very well could be our favorite CD now.

Could not agree more! While Abe was very nice, there is a mild level of "I don't give a ...." attitude that Dru possesses as an entertainer that sits well with me and probably a lot of others in the NorthEast. I think Abe is better suited in Florida.

Loving your review!

I read in another thread there are charges for some room service items? Can you possibly post a copy of the room service menu as well as any charges you are aware of? We usually order eggs, sausage breakfast on one or two mornings and I read somewhere that Quantum and Harmony are charging for some things now (I don't mean after midnight or whatever the late night charge is). Thank you!