How to save money without Cheers the first day?

Vigorosity

Hey! We will be cruising out of Mobile next month...and apparently you can't buy Cheers the first day. I'm just trying not to spend $100 without blinking. On my last cruise, the first night is when I had the most drinks, actually.

I know about bringing on a bottle of wine...but is there any other way? The $58 I would have spent the first night on Cheers will only get me about 5 drinks.

Or drink doubles and drink them really slow!;)

We have the same issue on the Breeze in Jan. We figure that if we board around noon, go to bed around midnight or 1 am, we will each have roughly 7-10 drinks over the span of 12-13 hours. That is not

a lot for us on vacation. I have budgeted us $100 each that first day just in case. Not thinking we will use all of it but who knows.

Edited by scuddles

Hey! We will be cruising out of Mobile next month...and apparently you can't buy Cheers the first day. I'm just trying not to spend $100 without blinking. On my last cruise, the first night is when I had the most drinks, actually.

I know about bringing on a bottle of wine...but is there any other way? The $58 I would have spent the first night on Cheers will only get me about 5 drinks.

Don't drink. You will save tons of money. ;)

Don't drink. You will save tons of money. ;)

Agree.

I have been on 4 cruises. Have not purchased even one drink. I am not a teetotaler by any stretch....I just don't need alcohol to relax or have a good time. I feel bad for those that do. And I just cannot fathom myself spending hundreds of dollars (or more) for booze on a cruise.

Use your carry-on bottle, drink a full glass/bottle of water between each drink.

Win/win .. you will alleviate your thirst so you don't drink your cocktail so fast, and you will be extra-hydrated to curb a lot of the hangover. ☺

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Use your carry-on bottle, drink a full glass/bottle of water between each drink.

Win/win .. you will alleviate your thirst so you don't drink your cocktail so fast, and you will be extra-hydrated to curb a lot of the hangover. ☺

Or at least 1/2 a bottle. Lol

Edited by christyran1228

I see the judgy McJudgersons have arrived.... aside from quitting drinking... I say board as late as possible, drink your wine you bring onboard, order doubles and an extra mixer drink and add as needed and save your heavy party days for day 2 and beyond.

Have drinks before. Don't be get to the ship too early, which will give you more time to pre-game on land and will save you time when boarding.

Bring your bottle of wine or champagne and drink that on the first day, and try to stay busy exploring the ship the first night and save hanging out at the bar for the first full day.

Doubles might be cheaper if you're not on the Cheers program, I'm not sure so ask, or buckets of beer if you're a beer drinker.

If your ship has a Redfrog Pub those have towers of beer I think.

Buy a liter online and it will be in your room first day. Take a tumbler style cup & a 12 pack of mixers. Fill up your cup in your room and head out. you will have leftovers for a cocktail or two in your room the rest of the cruise too.

If you are a beer drinker, order Fosters. More beer for your buck! ;) And you get $2 off a bucket of beer if you order Buds/Coors, etc. Take the bucket to your cabin. $2 isn't much but a few times/day for the entire cruise adds up. I always avoid drinks with ice in them. It is 1/3 drink and 2/3 ice. :( Only exception is Caribbean Colada and that is a blender drink anyway. CHEERS! :D

Have drinks before. Don't be get to the ship too early, which will give you more time to pre-game on land and will save you time when boarding.

Bring your bottle of wine or champagne and drink that on the first day, and try to stay busy exploring the ship the first night and save hanging out at the bar for the first full day.

Doubles might be cheaper if you're not on the Cheers program, I'm not sure so ask, or buckets of beer if you're a beer drinker.

If your ship has a Redfrog Pub those have towers of beer I think.

Doubles are cheaper

Buy a liter online and it will be in your room first day. Take a tumbler style cup & a 12 pack of mixers. Fill up your cup in your room and head out. you will have leftovers for a cocktail or two in your room the rest of the cruise too.

If Mobile is like Galveston then bottles cannot be delivered until day 2.

I'm in my early 20's, guys. Not drinking is not really an option. :rolleyes:

I never really thought about pregaming...we are usually too excited to get on the ship. However, we do have a really nice hotel close to the port. Also we may be accustomed to drinking in our car before we go into places. Always an option!

My problem is always the night club at the end of the night...during the day, I'm fine...but once I start to dance, all bets are off. I can easily have like 5 or 6 drinks in there.

Also! What is the cost of a double versus a single...anyone know??

Edited by Vigorosity

Agree.

I have been on 4 cruises. Have not purchased even one drink. I am not a teetotaler by any stretch....I just don't need alcohol to relax or have a good time. I feel bad for those that do. And I just cannot fathom myself spending hundreds of dollars (or more) for booze on a cruise.

I don't drink much either, but you're way too judgmental... you really didn't have to offer your two cents since it basically had nothing to do at all with the actual question being asked.

It's trolls like you that give CC a bad name.

you're on vacation. have fun however that may be.

but... if you didn't want to drop a c-note on a day of drinking, why not drop $25 here and there before you board on bar credits or whatever they are called? you can spread them out and then you don't have to worry about it because you've already paid and it's done and over with.

If you get well drinks, they are like $5.

I was drinking gentleman jack and cokes and they were like $6.95. Granted, I had cheers and only had to pay taxes on the first day. Day two switch to the expensive alcohol, add roca patron to everything $15 a shot.

The fruity drinks that they make cost more, but they also have more than 1 shot.