First Timer that just booked

Marine91

We started cruising many years ago with my family. My Grandson was 3 years old. He's now 22 and taking a friend who is a "newbie" on our next cruise. She's never been on a cruise before so we are excited to have someone new to experience the cruise with. All the things they tell you will make it easy to tell you are a newbie? We still do ALL those things and we are Diamond on RCCL and Elite on Celebrity. Staring with your eyes wide and wearing a smile when you enter the ship? Yep, we still do it. Wearing a lanyard? Absolutely. Most convenient way to keep track of the SeaPass card. Not looking to impress anyone. Taking photos of the ship? Still do it every time, even on ships we've been on before. For every cruise, we do a Shutterfly book with all these photos in it, including all those candid shots. They're the best. Taking part in the sail-away up on deck? It's a tradition we wouldn't miss for anything. It's part of the cruise experience for us. Getting lost finding the cabin? It's happened to me on a ship we were on three times. I forget what hall, which side of the ship, etc. I just smile and stroll back to the other side. We're on the ship for US and we are there to have a good time. When we start to be so bored with cruising that we don't make get mistaken for a newbie, we'll look for another type of vacation. Until then, I'm as excited when I hear the "ding" of that card when I board the ship EVERY time, as I was the first time. Enjoy your new addiction.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite thing to do while waiting is to re-check prices on my cruise at least once a week. As long as the price drop occurs before the cruise line's specified date for final payment, you can get the reduction if you call and ask for it. More often than not, I've gotten a reduction--and if I get the cruise for less than I was willing to pay, that makes cruising even better!