First Timer that just booked

Marine91

Hello all.... First timer here. I have been stalking the site for the last few days and it has been a tremendous help as I just booked our first cruise for our 25th anniversary next July last night. Been talking about doing it for years but never pulled the trigger. Still can't believe we did it and we are beyond excited and I am looking forward to continuing to educate myself so I don't wind up being the noob you can see from 10 miles away.....

Hello all.... First timer here. I have been stalking the site for the last few days and it has been a tremendous help as I just booked our first cruise for our 25th anniversary next July last night. Been talking about doing it for years but never pulled the trigger. Still can't believe we did it and we are beyond excited and I am looking forward to continuing to educate myself so I don't wind up being the noob you can see from 10 miles away.....

Congrats.

Visit your specific cruise line board.

Join your roll call.

Check out the deck plans of your ship so you are familiar with the ship's layout before you get there.

The Port of Call boards will provide good info on the places you will visit.

You'll get a lot of answers on this board. Sometimes TOO many answers! LOL!!

Don't worry about looking like a noob, either. We were all noobs once, and there will be a bunch of noobs on any cruise you take. I think it's much better being a noob than a schmuck, which you'll also see on board. :p

Just get on board and enjoy yourself - that's what it's all about!! Oh, and congrats on 25!

Now comes the worse part. The wait. :)

Welcome to the forums. If you haven't already, go to the Roll Calls section, find your cruise, and post or subscribe to the thread.

You'll get a lot of answers on this board. Sometimes TOO many answers! LOL!!

Don't worry about looking like a noob, either. We were all noobs once, and there will be a bunch of noobs on any cruise you take. I think it's much better being a noob than a schmuck, which you'll also see on board. :p

Just get on board and enjoy yourself - that's what it's all about!! Oh, and congrats on 25!

Thank you very much. My partner in crime has been on the fence for many years about taking a cruise.

Now comes the worse part. The wait. :)

Welcome to the forums. If you haven't already, go to the Roll Calls section, find your cruise, and post or subscribe to the thread.

It is crazy. After booking it was like... Ok we only have 282 days to get everything in order. lol

And NEVER worry about this being your first (of anything !!) As I used to tell everybody where I worked, 'We ALL had a first day' I remember when my wife and I were on our 2nd cruise, she was sitting out on the balcony the last night of our second cruise and she said sadly, 'WHY ? Did you let me wait SOOOO long before coming on a cruise ??' For almost eight years, after we were married, she had always said she wasn't interested on cruising. Seems she had seen a few episodes of that idiotic show, 'Love Boat' and thought that was what a cruise was and how people on them acted, you know, REAL snobs. After our first cruise she was hooked ! So a BIG welcome to you and I hope you have a great time cruising and LOVE it. There's plenty of info here and IF you don't see something you're curious about, never be afraid to ASK. The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. Just remember, IF sometimes things on a cruise seem that they didn't turn out quite right, it's because things can happen, just overlook it and move on. Don't ever let other folks ruin your cruise.

Mac

Welcome and congratulations on booking your first cruise.

I am a tiny bit envious of your newbie status. The first cruise is something really special. Ask specific questions for sure, but leave some room to be surprised.

NO KIDDING !! It's bee almost nine years sine my wife's first cruise ( my second) on the Carnival Holiday (a ship that'd almost be compared to a rowboat by today's mega-cruise ship standards, and she STILL talks about how much she misses that ship. As you say, I guess you never forget your first cruise. :)

Hi, my name is Bill and I addicted to cruising. Welcome to your new addiction [emoji1]welcome to the group.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Forums mobile app

Welcome! You're lucky that you only have to wait until July 2017. I recently booked our first cruise for April 2018 for our 20th anniversary. :D

Welcome! Yes indeedy, we were all new once. 16 years and 7 cruises later and I'm STILL learning. I won't embarrass myself by telling you things I just figured out, but they are many.

Best advice for these boards is: take what applies to you and ignore the rest. There will often be that one guy/gal who is less than friendly when responding. My favorite is when someone takes the time to post how boring, dumb or repetitive a question is instead of just moving on to something that interests them. But, for every one like that, there are about 1,000 super-friendly, super-helpful members who will steer you in the right direction. The collective knowledge of the members of this forum will astound you. And not just about cruising either. I have learned so much totally unrelated to getting on the ship.

One other tip: the search feature is your friend. But, it's not as intuitive as I would like, especially if you can't put into words what you're looking for. What I've done is go to Google, type in "cruise critic" and the question. It doesn't always work, but I have found many, many useful threads that way.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 29th (prime number!) starting in less than a week. I like the idea of being the 1st timer and taking the advice of all the experienced cruisers out there. If the general population is anything like the community here, then I'm sure it'll be a wonderful gang on the boat.

I hope you have a great time. The 6-month count down has seemed a lot longer than that to me!

Welcome, and congratulations on your upcoming 25th anniversary. What a special way to celebrate.

I understand your excitement, because my husband and I just booked a cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary as well. While it is our second cruise, we feel almost like first-time cruisers again, since our first cruise was on our honeymoon.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

Welcome, and congratulations on your upcoming 25th anniversary. What a special way to celebrate.

I understand your excitement, because my husband and I just booked a cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary as well. While it is our second cruise, we feel almost like first-time cruisers again, since our first cruise was on our honeymoon.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

We are also celebrating our 25th next year and celebrating our first cruise also. Tried for a while to convince wife as she is not a great sailor, eventually got my way :) 163 days to go, the excitement is building