Upgrade offer.. yay or nay

dogchopper

Ok, my husband and I are booked booked on the Splendor on Dec 4th. It's sold out. We have a spa balcony. I got offered today a spa suite for 500 more. .. (250 each)

Is it worth the upgrade. Husband says no :(

I've never had a suite and probably never will have (except for an offer like this ) So I'm torn.

Edited by dogchopper

Ok, my husband and I are booked booked on the Splendor on Dec 4th. It's sold out. We have a spa balcony. I got offered today a spa suite for 500 more. .. (250 each)

I've never had a suite and probably never will have (except for an offer like this ) So I'm torn.

It's an up"sell".......I myself have never stayed in a suite. How much time do you spend in the room anyway?

I have paid to move to a balcony, not sure if I would pay to move to a suite as we spend little time in the room.

Are you on a 7 day cruise? If I were on a 7 day or longer, I would do the upgrade.

It's stil availabe. I assume till the end of the day. But it doesn't look like hubby is gonna go for it.

It's not really a special occasion. Just a fun cruise

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise regardless of which stateroom you choose. Maybe sometime in the future you will book that category of suite for a special occasion.

Relax and have fun. Cruising is a wonderful way to travel!

I'd pass. To me, it's not worth that much money, considering the amount of time spent in your cabin. But then again, I book the lowest price room I can get, because of so little time I am in cabin. After several years of balcony cabins, I switched to inside only. Not worth the added cost, in my opinion. But, not everyone will agree, I am sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you move from one room to a room of higher quality you are still getting an upgrade regardless of whether or not you pay extra for it. Not sure why so many people have to nitpick when someone uses that word.

If the OP desides to take the room were they then upsold or can we say they upgraded their room?

Or did they upbuy? upbaught? uppurchased? It's kinda silly IMHO.

If you move from one room to a room of higher quality you are still getting an upgrade regardless of whether or not you pay extra for it. Not sure why so many people have to nitpick when someone uses that word.

If the OP desides to take the room were they then upsold or can we say they upgraded their room?

Or did they upbuy? upbaught? uppurchased? It's kinda silly IMHO.

Ha! Thanks that made me smile :D

Remember this, when you step into the hall you're the same as the people coming from Inside, bunk beds (1A). unless you plan to hide out for 6 days in your cabin, I'd pass. $500 will pay for a lot of drinks or other things you may wish to do.,,IMO hubby is on target.

Yeah I agree he is right (darn it ) I got all excited but in the end it's really not worth the extra cash. If it were 200 bucks I'd jump at it.

That is a good deal. On an upcoming cruise we have booked the difference between an 8S and a spa suite was a total of $1200, so we passed Getting a spa suite for an extra $500 is a good thing. We love the extra room in suites and the larger bathroom. We would have taken that upsell in a heartbeat.

That is a good deal. On an upcoming cruise we have booked the difference between an 8S and a spa suite was a total of $1200, so we passed Getting a spa suite for an extra $500 is a good thing. We love the extra room in suites and the larger bathroom. We would have taken that upsell in a heartbeat.

The guy told me it was usually 1200 more. And we have friends with us that could also upgrade. We'd have rooms next to each other and be able to open the balcony up to them.

:(:(:(

Until recently, I have only cruised in a suite... is it nice? Yes. Could you better spend that money elsewhere? Probably. Is there something else you would want to do with that money? That's a few nice excursions, drinks package, etc... The suite is nice, but honestly, on Carnival the suites aren't anything to write home about. The extra space with a kid is nice. You get priority boarding, the VIP line in the check in process, and a tub, but that's really about it. The suite perks suck for Carnival, hence why I save the extra grand and book a regular balcony in a location I prefer.

I never really understand why people feel the need to correct people about that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some people are just very picky I guess. I'm an easy going person and do the let things bother me ;)

Until recently, I have only cruised in a suite... is it nice? Yes. Could you better spend that money elsewhere? Probably. Is there something else you would want to do with that money? That's a few nice excursions, drinks package, etc... The suite is nice, but honestly, on Carnival the suites aren't anything to write home about. The extra space with a kid is nice. You get priority boarding, the VIP line in the check in process, and a tub, but that's really about it. The suite perks suck for Carnival, hence why I save the extra grand and book a regular balcony in a location I prefer.

Ironically my husband said we can upgrade it. I called and couldn't get a hold of the guy but after I've slept on it I think I want to pass now... problem is I left him a message saying we would take it and our friends are on board too. I am not sure it's worth the money. . Heck we dont usually get balconies, let alone a spa balcony. So this it's a big enough treat for me. But now I have this break it to my friends :eek:

Edited by dogchopper