3 day pre cruise city package

mourne

Hi All, I see from the celebrity website that they offer a 3 day add on pre-cruise city stay, has anyone used this 'add on' and if so the approximate price please. I was thinking of Fort-Lauderdale in particular. Just a thought :)

I find most of X's add-on packages over priced. To find out what the packages are and the various prices you pay just go to the following link. There are usually a few choices and different levels of hotels.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-city-stays

Go onto any reputable hotel site and compare what the package offers/charges to what you can get on your own and decide.

I was going to say "oh, it's so easy, you can rent a car and see everything" then I noticed that you're from Northern Ireland. Having experienced other-side-of-the-road driving in the UK, I'm going to back off that suggestion. However, there are many great hotels in Ft. Lauderdale but you might want to choose carefully if you want to do any sightseeing.

Unless the cruise line is offering tours along with the hotel package, you'll be better off booking your own accommodations.

The Embassy Suites on SE 17th St is right near the port, and the Sun Trolley starts off from there. It is a nominal fee for hop-on-hop-off around Ft Lauderdale to tour on your own. Plus, try Viator tours, to book tours in the area. All much cheaper than booking a pre-cruise hotel and tour package from cruise line. And it is also only a 10 minute taxi ride from FT Lauderdale airport to hotel, with a taxi rate of $15.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was going to say "oh, it's so easy, you can rent a car and see everything" then I noticed that you're from Northern Ireland. Having experienced other-side-of-the-road driving in the UK, I'm going to back off that suggestion. However, there are many great hotels in Ft. Lauderdale but you might want to choose carefully if you want to do any sightseeing.

Unless the cruise line is offering tours along with the hotel package, you'll be better off booking your own accommodations.

They do offer two tours with the package .

Hi All, I see from the celebrity website that they offer a 3 day add on pre-cruise city stay, has anyone used this 'add on' and if so the approximate price please. I was thinking of Fort-Lauderdale in particular. Just a thought :)

Whatever our cousins across the pond tell you, it is often cheaper to book a pre- or post-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale through Celebrity from the UK. They have a great contract with some hotels which they use a lot and also do not usually quote a higher price for more expensive periods such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year or other higher priced times.

We have done it often. If price is the issue for you, just ask for a price and compare bearing in mind that, if you also book flights through Celebrity, the price includes transfers from Miami airport and to the ship. However, you also need to bear in mind that the price you will be given is per person for the full three days rather than per room per night as quoted by most hotel websites.

Having no hassle transport waiting for you when you have taken hours to get through Miami Immigration can be considered priceless. We certainly did when we had been detained for almost three hours to find the welcoming Celebrity rep waiting for us with a van to take us to Fort Lauderdale.

Just a note on timing: Depending when you book, hotels and flights may not be available at that time. Hotels will be loaded before flights. Flights will be available about 11 months from your return date.

And just a note on booking: Celebrity in the UK now offer two ways of booking. A traditional "package" such as I described above and a method of booking by which Celebrity just act as an online agency. With the latter you simply book cruise, flights, hotels and transfers separately online. This method may give you more choice but will not provide the seamless package I described.

Which way you want to go is very much a matter of personal choice.

PS I have just seen the suggestion that you need to consider tours with your booking to enjoy Fort Lauderdale because you would not want to drive on the "wrong" side of the road. There is not need to hire a car to see Fort Lauderdale. The Sun Trolley network is now so extensive that it will cover everything you may want to do except the Everglades and Sawgrass Mills. If those two venues are on your to-do list and you would rather not hire a car, you can book Everglades tours easily from any hotel concierge and Sawgrass Mills can be done through the Sun Trolley and a public bus from DOwntown.

Edited by Project_gal

Thanks everyone I did consult the site but it must be too early yet for prices don't laugh but it is 7 January 18 we are booked. I just wanted an idea of what it might cost and was hoping someone might have booked one before. I will do pricing on both independent and with Celebrity but as was said it is nice to have the hassle taken out and especially in this volatile world good to not feel on your own and to have the security of a rep especially with long flights and a couple of seas to cross. Will be interesting. :)

It is a great idea to price up both independent and package and then reflect on the positives and negatives of each.

If you are visiting the US for the first time a package can be very easy but I must say FLL is very easy to navigate.

Just another idea....if you can add a little longer pre or post cruise Florida is a great holiday destination in its own right. We love the Keys, still love Disney, Space Coast...we always try to attach to our cruise 'another holiday'. For this extended bit we also look at booking villa or condo accommodations....often much cheaper than you would expect. When you are flying so far it is great to make the most of it!

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy!